Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Fan Store prices

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Would this even be a topic if we was still HMS Pisstheleague?

Me thinks not.

Well, yes it would.

My point isn’t the £64 price tag. We’ve come to accept that. It’s that we’re still selling shirts in the sale higher than bigger and better teams.

10 hours ago, Raj said:

Only kids should wear replica shirts in public, unless your playing football in them at goals or something.

Absolutely 100% not.. 

just went away for the weekend and was in a pub having breakfast this morning, I was in my black last seasons Leicester top and a bloke had a Leicester tigers top on.. we both smiled and acknowledged each other.. 

I actually thought to myself this morning when that happened, that situation would be quite common I believe any team outside the top 6 would probably speak to each other, but two people with man United tops on wouldn’t think any different and just carry on with life.. 

I’ll always wear my colours with pride and would take that over stone island anyday lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Absolutely 100% not.. 

just went away for the weekend and was in a pub having breakfast this morning, I was in my black last seasons Leicester top and a bloke had a Leicester tigers top on.. we both smiled and acknowledged each other.. 

I actually thought to myself this morning when that happened, that situation would be quite common I believe any team outside the top 6 would probably speak to each other, but two people with man United tops on wouldn’t think any different and just carry on with life.. 

I’ll always wear my colours with pride and would take that over stone island anyday lol

If they had a tigers top on, they probably supported one of the big 6!

• Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32
9 hours ago, Basingstoke Fox said:

My partner wanted to buy a football shirt as a present for visiting her young overseas nephew who doesn't follow any team in particular, certainly not an English one. I found out she was looking at Man City shirts for him (which arguably makes some sense with them being our local team). Of course I complained & convinced her that if she was getting any football shirt, it had to be for us.

Then we checked the site & ours was £40+ - for a kid! While the latest MCFC shirt was available for around £17 at the time. When the obvious question "why would I spend over £40 for this second division team when I can get the latest Man City one for less than half the price?" arose, I had no answer to that. For a reasonable price, I would've just bought the LCFC one myself.

So that business was lost, who knows perhaps along with any possible affiliation to the club. Just one example where squeezing fans above everything else doesn't even make sense from a revenue perspective, let alone a moral one. Another is the approach to memberships & match tickets.

agree with yer to be young again a    but as long back as 70s when i bought shirts to play in and improve my game ( it didn't btw) they did cost a fair bit even b4 fans went shirt crazy   , not 4me.... its  primark now days 

Guest leatherhead32
1 minute ago, Master Fox said:

Just pay the asking price you tight barstard

cheeky but has got me laughing like basil brush :clap: bless you mater fox hahaha

21 hours ago, westernpark said:

If they had a tigers top on, they probably supported one of the big 6!

Quite possibly true. Many years ago a man u fan I know wondered into the pub with his tigers shirt on. Said hello to him and noticed a man u pin badge on his tigers scarf. Asked him why he supported tigers to which he proudly proclaimed “it’s my local team” I then pointed at the man u badge and asked why the fvck he supported them them. Obviously he had no answer and mumbled spluttering into his beer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Quite possibly true. Many years ago a man u fan I know wondered into the pub with his tigers shirt on. Said hello to him and noticed a man u pin badge on his tigers scarf. Asked him why he supported tigers to which he proudly proclaimed “it’s my local team” I then pointed at the man u badge and asked why the fvck he supported them them. Obviously he had no answer and mumbled spluttering into his beer. 

It’s bizarre, also so weird having Nottingham people support a team with Leicester in the name. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 11:34, Izzy said:

I'm no expert on kits but my lad wants a new home, and away top every season. No way am I paying £63 from the club shop or even £40 when its '30% off'

I found this website and ordered him our away top at Christmas. 

https://www.enjoyfball.com/products/2023-2024-leicester-city-away-soccer-jersey?spm=..collection_83872d66-14fe-4a5b-a9a1-fe39f30f9e83.collection_detail_1.2&spm_prev=..index.header_1.1

Took a couple of weeks delivery but cost me less than £20 with shipping.

Hasn't shrunk in the wash, badges/logo's etc. still intact and to the untrained eye, you wouldn't know it was a fake.

I haven't told my lad it isn't the official top and he's none the wiser :D

Your lad wants a new home every season, as well as an away top?!

Kids today!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

On 30/03/2024 at 07:32, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Fans need to stop buying replica shirts until they are less than £40 at release. We collectively have the power to change this extortionate practice but lack the organisation to do so.

100% agree. I regularly bought new shirts when they were released or had someone buy one for me for my birthday as its in August, but I won't pay the prices now. I can afford to, I just choose not to, as with everything in life, I have a price I'm willing to pay, and if the product I'm wanting to buy is more than what I believe it should be, I won't pay it. I always wait until the end of the season now when they are being sold off, but like the op has said, the current reduced prices are still too much for this stage of the season. I'd pay up to £25 now but anything above that at this stage of the season is too much 

• Like 2

On 30/03/2024 at 11:34, Izzy said:

I'm no expert on kits but my lad wants a new home and away top every season. No way am I paying £63 from the club shop or even £40 when its '30% off'

I found this website and ordered him our away top at Christmas. 

https://www.enjoyfball.com/products/2023-2024-leicester-city-away-soccer-jersey?spm=..collection_83872d66-14fe-4a5b-a9a1-fe39f30f9e83.collection_detail_1.2&spm_prev=..index.header_1.1

Took a couple of weeks delivery but cost me less than £20 with shipping.

Hasn't shrunk in the wash, badges/logo's etc. still intact and to the untrained eye, you wouldn't know it was a fake.

I haven't told my lad it isn't the official top and he's none the wiser :D

Don't blame you. Whilst we would all like to put money into the club, we won't be ripped off! Kit manufacturers are clearly ripping people off and then the clubs rip you off again causing a ridiculous price. Shirts should be £40 on release date and then £20 from March onwards. I've also got 2 kids, and not a chance am I paying £50 each for mini kits. 

• Like 1

Don't think it's fair to compare to the big 6 clubs to be fair. They'll operate on massive stock that eventually they'll need to shift. Also a big 6 shirt identifies you as a **** so should come a bit cheaper.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I have friends who are Tiger's season ticket holders who also have season tickets at Old Trafford, football fans first they used to live up there and eventually settled down here and started to go to the Tigers. Not a problem for me.

I bought a shirt for the first time in decades last year and look how that turned out. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. It's not the cost for me but I just don't really like the polyester feel of the shirt, I have a season ticket at the tigers and don't by their shirts either. They do however bring out a nice heavy cotton long/short sleeved version of the home and away kits every year which I usually get.

The adidas range is quite nice but it's very generic and a little pricey considering. The LCFC stuff is just a little bland. I do see the odd thing I like, they have a nice New Era bobble hat in the black and blue sash away colour's but it's £35....for a hat!

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Don't think it's fair to compare to the big 6 clubs to be fair. They'll operate on massive stock that eventually they'll need to shift. Also a big 6 shirt identifies you as a **** so should come a bit cheaper.

I've always thought that anyone that walks round in "big 6" shirt, must be a tw@t 🤣. I live in the North West though so I'm always surrounded by people wearing man c, man u or Liverpool tops. Had a guy come in my store in a forest shirt the other week, defo a tw@t 🤣

• Like 1

I was in Madrid a few weeks back and felt compelled to have a look round the club shop at the bernabau. Home shirt with Bellinghams name and number available for the low low price of 120 euros!!! Makes ours look only mildly overpriced.

• Sad 1