Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

31 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

BBC reporting he's going to Spurs for "30-40m".

Their source for the story is Football Insider, which is a crap source. That said, if we don't go up he'll obviously be off somewhere, and Spurs seem as likely as anybody else to come in for him. I suspect he'll stay if we go up.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Their source for the story is Football Insider, which is a crap source. That said, if we don't go up he'll obviously be off somewhere, and Spurs seem as likely as anybody else to come in for him. I suspect he'll stay if we go up.

He's going no matter what. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect we will want him to stay, if we go up..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If we go up and it helps increase his value, the likelihood he goes increases.  

If we go up, the pressure on us to sell players will diminish significantly. However if somebody offers £40m+ I can see the club being tempted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we go up, the pressure on us to sell players will diminish significantly. However if somebody offers £40m+ I can see the club being tempted.

We have to sell a big asset this financial period.  I doubt we get 40 mil for KDH, but in the 30's takes the the pressure off a little and allows us to rebuild in the following financial period.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We have to sell a big asset this financial period.  I doubt we get 40 mil for KDH, but in the 30's takes the the pressure off a little and allows us to rebuild in the following financial period.

That seems to be the received wisdom, but I'm not so sure. If we go up we're highly unlikely to receive a points deduction for any breach this season, and the club may decide that the benefit of keeping KDH might outweigh the negative impact of any fine we'll receive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That seems to be the received wisdom, but I'm not so sure. If we go up we're highly unlikely to receive a points deduction for any breach this season, and the club may decide that the benefit of keeping KDH might outweigh the negative impact of any fine we'll receive.

Suppose we will see. We will be nailed on for points deductions next season, and as the FFP period is rolling 3 years we will have to be seen as cutting our cloth and trying to comply in the next period. Selling the academy asset is the perfect way of doing it as anything you buy can be amortised over contract length. 

Like it or not, this is the model we have to revert back to and we don't have many academy assets to sell right now.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Suppose we will see. We will be nailed on for points deductions next season, and as the FFP period is rolling 3 years we will have to be seen as cutting our cloth and trying to comply in the next period. Selling the academy asset is the perfect way of doing it as anything you buy can be amortised over contract length. 

Like it or not, this is the model we have to revert back to and we don't have many academy assets to sell right now.

Yes, we will have a points deduction next season if we go up. Probably four points like Forest, possibly less. We won't get a points deduction next season for the 2020-23 breach if we stay down.

My understanding is that if we breach this year, the EFL won't be able to impose a points deduction on us while we're in the PL. No club who has breached while in the EFL has been given a points deduction after being promoted. Obviously if we breach this season and stay down, the EFL will likely go after us. In that scenario, a rapid firesale of assets, including KDH, is highly likely.

There is no 'next period' for FFP in the PL because it is being replaced by a different system. The new system will of course require us to cut our cloth in some way, but it's not yet clear whether that will mean we have to sell KDH this summer or not. We might do, of course, but I'm not sure it's as certain as many people believe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything over £25m is still a very good deal for us. If we can get more than that despite our predicament then I'll actually give our board some praise for the outcome.

I agree, everyone knows we will be forced to sell. £25+ add ons probably sees us sells pre July 

Just now, LVFox said:

I agree, everyone knows we will be forced to sell. £25+ add ons probably sees us sells pre July 

Pure profit as well. I like the idea of replacing him with someone like Gabriel Sara or Matt O'Reilly both whom would come in slightly less than him but maybe we don't even have that luxury and must recruit at a much lower value and exploit some different markets.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pure profit as well. I like the idea of replacing him with someone like Gabriel Sara or Matt O'Reilly both whom would come in slightly less than him but maybe we don't even have that luxury and must recruit at a much lower value and exploit some different markets.

Love Sara, been keeping an eye on Nanasi who continues to develop. I wonder about Bernabe too but Parma seem set to get promoted.

• Like 1

With Ndidi and Praet out of contract as well, if kdh goes we are looking at needing to get 3 new centre mids in at a minimum. That money won't stretch so far when there's that many signings needed unless we get some bosmans in.

Of course, if we stay down we will need 3 new centre mids but have a transfer embargo as well, so we will be extra stuffed

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 1

We're in the market for a replacement who is probably 70% as good (at best) with less than half the fee received to spend.

Another financial shot in the foot that was entirely avoidable. 

Edited by Stadt

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're in the market for a replacement who is probably 70% with less than half the fee received to spend.

Spare a thought for Brentford... allegedly turned down a 70 million offer for Ivan Toney last summer and might be selling for 40 million this summer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're in the market for a replacement who is probably 70% with less than half the fee received to spend.

I expect it will be James McAtee on loan from Man City

• Like 2