Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you would be looking to go Brighton if you are KDH for all the love in on here over the last few years and high profile sales they are starting to slide in the wrong direction.

This aspect is being overlooked by some people. If KDH decides he’d prefer to stay than move to any of the clubs that put offers in, he won’t be leaving. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you would be looking to go Brighton if you are KDH for all the love in on here over the last few years and high profile sales they are starting to slide in the wrong direction.

Three league wins this calendar year.  

& a manager who's throwing one young player in particular under the bus a bit & seems a bit of a cnut overall. If he's still there next season they're worth a small punt to drop. 

• Like 1

I think the only way he stays if the club have done something clever accounting wise with the player book value and taken a hit in the recently published accounts to reduce the book values of players with a view to a bit of a fire sale of a few fringe players such as Kristensen, Iversen, Thomas, Souttar, Soumare and then possibly shifting Daka and maybe someone like Faes. This may enable us to clear £25m-35m of clear profit and therefore negate the need to cash in on KDH. 

All very hypothetical but not beyond the realms of what could happen as I know Kieran Maguire has previously talked about clubs revising the amortisation of players. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

9 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think the only way he stays if the club have done something clever accounting wise with the player book value and taken a hit in the recently published accounts to reduce the book values of players with a view to a bit of a fire sale of a few fringe players such as Kristensen, Iversen, Thomas, Souttar, Soumare and then possibly shifting Daka and maybe someone like Faes. This may enable us to clear £25m-35m of clear profit and therefore negate the need to cash in on KDH. 

All very hypothetical but not beyond the realms of what could happen as I know Kieran Maguire has previously talked about clubs revising the amortisation of players. 

We would have seen a large amount player depreciation in the 22/23 accounts If we have done that.

There wasn't.

Edited by coolhandfox

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Brighton, Villa and Spurs want him.....so let's start a bidding war that ends up we getting around 50m for him

you remind me of someone selling a car who has put years of love into it’s maintenance and priced the car  accordingly. Yet someone likely would come along see the year , make , model and mileage and base their offer on that, much to your horror..

we will be lucky to get 40m. Probably closer to 30m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

you remind me of someone selling a car who has put years of love into it’s maintenance and priced the car  accordingly. Yet someone likely would come along see the year , make , model and mileage and base their offer on that, much to your horror..

we will be lucky to get 40m. Probably closer to 30m

Reckon somewhere between the two. 

He's got European experience, a year or two Prem experience and off the back of a brilliant championship season.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Reckon somewhere between the two. 

He's got European experience, a year or two Prem experience and off the back of a brilliant championship season.

my logic is that clubs will know we are desperate to sell.

and they’d be 100% right. We are. We are also going to have to rely on  teams who have money left over from this  season  so there won’t be that many who have the money we want.- we won’t be going off of next season’s budgets.

12 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If they have then they should let Rob Dorset know. I'm always able to sleep better when he's relaid Susan's messages to us all. 

I love our clubs connection with it's fanbase. 

If we sell him for 30 or less it simply isn't worth it. We'd end up spending 20 replacing him and that's with the added risk of it now working 

Rather we sell 4 or 5 of the other fringe players

8 minutes ago, ronnup said:

If we sell him for 30 or less it simply isn't worth it. We'd end up spending 20 replacing him and that's with the added risk of it now working 

We’ve been trying for five windows mate 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Problem is the £30m shows as income in that financial year.  Whereas what we spend can be spread across the contract term, so £25m over a 5 year contract is £5m per year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Don’t have any left now. 

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Brighton, Villa and Spurs want him.....so let's start a bidding war that ends up we getting around 50m for him

Thought villa lost 100milion last year. Why are we having to sell our assets but teams like Villa can still splash the Cash 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can get some money in from the poor signings, Daka, Soumare, Kristianson and Souttar before we have to sell KDH. He is going to be in his prime next season if he stays fit and gives us good energy in the midfield. 
Surely we can sell some other development team products first?

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Vk

Daka

Soutter

Ward

Praet

There's got to be some value there for someone.

VK - if we get the €15m then we will add a couple million into the pot 

daka - we need to clear approx  £10m to put anything in the pot 

soutter - we need to clear approx £10m to put anything into the pot 

ward - he’s all profit (like kdh) but who is going to pay more than £1.5m?

praet - he doesn’t belong to us after June 

so you can see why selling kdh (or academy players/ those who have been here > 4 years) is so vital re putting dosh in the psr pot 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Vk = £12m (paid over 15 years by some Italian club)

Daka = 50p

Soutter = £2m to a relegated Forest

Ward = lol

Praet = Free to get him off the books

There's got to be some value there for someone.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

VK - if we get the €15m then we will add a couple million into the pot 

daka - we need to clear approx  £10m to put anything in the pot 

soutter - we need to clear approx £10m to put anything into the pot 

ward - he’s all profit (like kdh) but who is going to pay more than £1.5m?

praet - he doesn’t belong to us after June 

so you can see why selling kdh (or academy players/ those who have been here > 4 years) is so vital re putting dosh in the psr pot 

I suspect KDH would prefer to stay - he's thriving under Maresca and I'm sure he'd like to be a part of what happens next. I definitely can't see him willingly joining the likes of Brighton or Fulham, so the only way he'll likely be persuaded to leave is if a genuinely big club comes in for him. This may complicate matters.