Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

There's no way KDH is going anywhere. His heart and passion is in this club. Pay him what he's worth and keep him. to us he's an asset and worth far more than the 30-40 million he would go for. It would be madness to sell him now, it'd go down like a lead brick with the fanbase as well. 

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Vk

Daka

Soutter

Ward

Praet

There's got to be some value there for someone.

Praet is out of contract, and the other 4 you are going to be fortunate to break even on from an FFP perspective. Even the quoted figure for VK is a very minor profit, but Daka / Souttar / Ward will all go for a loss, hence why it's more likely we will loan them.

KDH is 100% academy profit.  This is where you make your money i am afraid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Praet is out of contract, and the other 4 you are going to be fortunate to break even on from an FFP perspective. Even the quoted figure for VK is a very minor profit, but Daka / Souttar / Ward will all go for a loss, hence why it's more likely we will loan them.

KDH is 100% academy profit.  This is where you make your money i am afraid. 

He's obviously the most obvious one to sell if we need to generate funds for PSR purposes. However the clubs rumoured to be interested in him - so far at least - are Brentford, Brighton and Fulham. I can't see him regarding any of those as a significant step up now that we're back in the PL. Would he be up for a sideways move away from his hometown club, where he clearly gets on brilliantly with the manager and seems very settled? I can't see it.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He's obviously the most obvious one to sell if we need to generate funds for PSR purposes. However the clubs rumoured to be interested in him - so far at least - are Brentford, Brighton and Fulham. I can't see him regarding any of those as a significant step up now that we're back in the PL. Would he be up for a sideways move away from his hometown club, where he clearly gets on brilliantly with the manager and seems very settled? I can't see it.

Yes - i agree that Brentford is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I think next season they are in trouble. Brighton seem to have issues, so if i was him i would want a lot of convincing. Fulham is such a 'meh' club. Again, one season they will just drop in the bottom 3.

Big decision coming up. I do have a feeling a Spurs or Man U might come in for him. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes - i agree that Brentford is like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I think next season they are in trouble. Brighton seem to have issues, so if i was him i would want a lot of convincing. Fulham is such a 'meh' club. Again, one season they will just drop in the bottom 3.

Big decision coming up. I do have a feeling a Spurs or Man U might come in for him. 

If that happens, I can absolutely see him going. But if a bid doesn't materialise from a club he'd genuinely like to join, I think he'll be with us next season. Which means we'll have to raise money from elsewhere if we want to avoid another PSR breach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect KDH would prefer to stay - he's thriving under Maresca and I'm sure he'd like to be a part of what happens next. I definitely can't see him willingly joining the likes of Brighton or Fulham, so the only way he'll likely be persuaded to leave is if a genuinely big club comes in for him. This may complicate matters.

It’s a strategic call to sell him or keep him

if the club look at what’s going on with the proposed psr rule changes and judge that we absolutely have to be in the PL for the next five years because the new rules offer the club a chance to spend bigger and therefore compete better within the top 10 then maybe we take the risk of smashing championship psr this season and take the fine (or deferred points deduction if we’re relegated next season which would be disastrous re getting back up again).

of course we’re stronger next season with the player 

I doubt he gets offered an sig better package at a Brighton or Fulham than he’s on here already. 
like you say, if a rich six club or villa/Newcastle come in then it changes (but I’m not sure either of those two clubs will want to be trading pre July 1st.)

Until the club have clarity on the new psr rules it’s pretty much impossible for anyone to make an informed decision. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Possible that these new spending rules coming in mean we don’t have to sell anymore?

we are still in danger of breaking the rules. The new rules won’t come in to place until the season AFTER next season…

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

We better actually avoid breaching the rules if we do sell him

Would be very annoying for us to sell him yet still breach them and still get punished - would make it seem very pointless

I assume we get punished in proportion to how much we break the rules.  if we make no further efforts to get our numbers down then we can expect a v large fine and I think we also open ourselves up to a legal challenge for damages from Leeds if they finish third and miss out. 

selling kdh and failing be a reasonably small amount would hopefully mean any legal case would struggle because whether we sold him last summer, in jan or in June makes little difference to the overall breach. 

2 hours ago, RizLCFC said:

‘Seriously considering’. Interesting that Dorsett thinks a final decision hasn’t been made yet.

Even if we DO decide to sell him, what if he doesn’t want to go? Will we do what we did with Matt Piper and ask him to leave for the good of the club?

2 hours ago, RizLCFC said:

Stuff like this pisses me off. We all know that we’re currently locked in a battle with the EPL, but to been flapping on about it all of the time with phrases like “choppy waters” are not helpful. We don’t even know what the end game will be, with reports that Forest are getting two points back, just shows how completely unruly the whole process is. 

Anyway, back to KDH……. Love the kid, but I’m torn….. I’d take £30m for him I think to further strengthen the team. We can’t start my making mistakes, but we need to have a replacement lined up to move on quickly if we do decide to sell him. 

I’d love for him to stay, but I also want us to be able to be competitive (on the context of a newly promoted side) and if selling him will enable that, I’ll take the hit. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Can't see any of them paying 30m either! In fact I can't think of anyone paying that amount for him.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

So he’s confirmed tonight that he has ‘no intention’ of leaving. I had a feeling this would happen. Hopefully the club has a plan B for raising funds…

I think that’s fair enough, it’s true he has no intention of leaving. It doesn’t mean that he won’t if the club need to sell him though, he can leave and fans will know it wasn’t his choice

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think that’s fair enough, it’s true he has no intention of leaving. It doesn’t mean that he won’t if the club need to sell him though, he can leave and fans will know it wasn’t his choice

But at the same time you can’t make a player leave if they don’t want to 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

But at the same time you can’t make a player leave if they don’t want to 

That’s also true. I hope we don’t have to sell him and I hope it’s not a repeat of the Piper situation, where the club let him know that it had to happen for the good of the club

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

So he’s confirmed tonight that he has ‘no intention’ of leaving. I had a feeling this would happen. Hopefully the club has a plan B for raising funds…

if he wants to stay then i’d honestly rather just take whatever punishment is thrown our way. 30 m won’t be enough to get us out of a bad spot, it’s just not worth it. we’re going to likely go down anyway so let’s just hold our assets. if he continues the way he’s going, his value will double 

• Like 1