Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Despite other clubs knowing we need to sell, I think now is the best time to sell whilst his stock is high. 

Definitely agree - the departure from this way of thinking at the club is what has plagued us financially. (Tielemans, Soyuncu) 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Despite other clubs knowing we need to sell, I think now is the best time to sell whilst his stock is high. 

I’m hoping there will be more than 1 club interested which will help him to hold his value more when offers come in..

On 15/04/2024 at 14:55, moore_94 said:

I expect it will be James McAtee on loan from Man City

100% this.

What we need to remember is that £30m isn’t a bad price at all and we are watching his last games in an England shirt. 

He’s done okay this season, however I still think he will struggle at the highest level due to now being technically as strong. 

Money doesn’t buy you the best players though. 

We just need to be astute with who we replace him with.  

On 25/04/2024 at 00:20, MPH said:

I’m hoping there will be more than 1 club interested which will help him to hold his value more when offers come in..

I reckon it’s done and has been for ages

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I reckon it’s done and has been for ages

No chance of United putting a bid in? 

I think he’s the sort of player that would do well there - a player their fans would really take to as well.

I’d even go so far as saying he has a bit of a Robson air to his play.

On 25/04/2024 at 03:18, Sly said:

100% this.

What we need to remember is that £30m isn’t a bad price at all and we are watching his last games in an England shirt. 

He’s done okay this season, however I still think he will struggle at the highest level due to now being technically as strong. 

Money doesn’t buy you the best players though. 

We just need to be astute with who we replace him with.  

Doubt very much we'll get 30m for him. Nowhere near good enough for a big club and outside the top 5 that's too much money for him and clubs would sooner shop abroad I think. 

5 hours ago, Viva said:

I can see him staying here. I don’t think we’ll sell for a fee we consider to be below what he’s worth.

I think we have to sell an asset.  If its not KDH who is it? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Realistically there is no one else in contract who will generate the 25-30m rumoured for KDH. You would probably need to sell 2/3 of Mads, Ben Nelson and someone else to generate equivalent profits.

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If we are going to break the rules anyway, I can't see the club just giving KDH away for lets say £20m. Like Forest, they kept hold of Brennan Johnson until September to get far more money. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't know. There's several interested and we need to sell before July.

If I'm an interested club, I'm offering £20m before July. Maybe we will sell before then, but I'd still be surprised if we accept a below value offer unless that takes us within rules. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We need a bit of a bidding war.

would be astonished 

the player will decide which club and personal deal he likes best  other clubs won’t bother to bid. if we didn’t have to sell then we could dig our heels in and play poker but we aren’t 

19 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We need a bit of a bidding war.

I suspect what might happen is, one particular club decides he is their priority and know others will be keen but don't want to try and play games in their pursuit and we work well to get a decent deal all round, very much like what happened with Maddison.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m far from convinced he’s a Premier League player. Any PL clubs willing to pay us north of £20m for him we say thanks and good luck Kiernan 👋

He's going no matter what, but he has had 2 seasons in the PL so this sort of statement doesn't make sense. If Hamer can go from Cov to Sheff Utd for £15 mill then we can get a bit of a bidding war going for KDH i am sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

He's going no matter what, but he has had 2 seasons in the PL so this sort of statement doesn't make sense. If Hamer can go from Cov to Sheff Utd for £15 mill then we can get a bit of a bidding war going for KDH i am sure.

My opinion - I don’t rate him.

But you’re right, I hope, that some club with more money than sense will throw more than £15m at us.