Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the club has been planning to have him leave and get in sensi for a free. Either genius or a disaster waiting to happen 

If our plan for next season depends on Sensi playing 38 games, I might have spotted a flaw in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

If our plan for next season depends on Sensi playing 38 games, I might have spotted a flaw in it.

Is it that you think our season next year is 46 games long? 🤔

• Haha 2

Levy will have an absolute field day with us over this - he'll start off with something stupid like £8m, rising to £15m

Anything less than £30m is a disgrace, it really should be around £40m - he'll play for England no doubt, lots of interest (Brighton, Fulham, Man Utd, Liverpool now Spurs), lots of years left in him, Prem/European experience, 3 years left on deal

• Like 1

It's evident that the club need money now, and this is a good way especially as he's quite replaceable.

Am just 'worried' him and Maddison will become over-the-top fashion gurus together..:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Levy will have an absolute field day with us over this - he'll start off with something stupid like £8m, rising to £15m

Anything less than £30m is a disgrace, it really should be around £40m - he'll play for England no doubt, lots of interest (Brighton, Fulham, Man Utd, Liverpool now Spurs), lots of years left in him, Prem/European experience, 3 years left on deal

To be fair to Spurs they didn't play up too much on Maddison or Johnson and both clubs needed money at the time.

11 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

No chance KDH plays for England. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

I think you greatly overvalue him. 20-25m tops. Not good enough by far for a top side like Liverpool or even lesser one's like United or Spurs. Teams like Brighton and Fulham certainly wouldn't be paying anything like 30m, I know I'd be disbelieving of it if we tried to sign him for that! Clubs will also know that we need the money and the price will tumble. Certainly not a decent enough player to risk getting near to your FFP limit for as a club. Looks good in the Championship but, for all his work rate and industry, just mediocre for the Premiership I'm afraid imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

I think you greatly over value him. 20-25m tops. Not good enough by far for a top side like Liverpool or even lesser one's like United or Spurs. Teams like Brighton and Fulham certainly wouldn't be paying anything like 30m, I know I'd be disbelieving of it if we tried to sign him for that! Clubs will also know that we need the money and the price will tumble. Certainly not a decent enough player to risk getting near to your FFP limit for as a club. Looks good in the Championship but, for all his work rate and industry, just mediocre for the Premiership I'm afraid imo.

7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

be prepared for some of those supposed interested teams to be agent talk..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you greatly over value him. 20-25m tops. Not good enough by far for a top side like Liverpool or even lesser one's like United or Spurs. Teams like Brighton and Fulham certainly wouldn't be paying anything like 30m, I know I'd be disbelieving of it if we tried to sign him for that! Clubs will also know that we need the money and the price will tumble. Certainly not a decent enough player to risk getting near to your FFP limit for as a club. Looks good in the Championship but, for all his work rate and industry, just mediocre for the Premiership I'm afraid imo.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

be prepared for some of those supposed interested teams to be agent talk..

Yup, all depends on how many teams are interested. If we go up and he is seen as an integral part of that, there will be more teams interested. Personally I'd like to think that he is still of an age that a top team can see his work rate, look at his goal scoring and assist records, and think that can coach him into a role. I highly doubt he will be here next season as we would have be guaranteeing challenging for honours with a pay rate to match. Rebuild next season will need players with a high work rate but unfortunately I doubt we will be in a position to match wage offers elsewhere for this gem of ours.

4 minutes ago, tinpot_fox said:

Yup, all depends on how many teams are interested. If we go up and he is seen as an integral part of that, there will be more teams interested. Personally I'd like to think that he is still of an age that a top team can see his work rate, look at his goal scoring and assist records, and think that can coach him into a role. I highly doubt he will be here next season as we would have be guaranteeing challenging for honours with a pay rate to match. Rebuild next season will need players with a high work rate but unfortunately I doubt we will be in a position to match wage offers elsewhere for this gem of ours.

See your point but, to the sort of teams that are likely to want him, 30m is a lot of money for a player of his standard. If you for example look at the profile of the sort of players Brighton buy, young, cheap with good potential sell on value he doesn't fit the bill. When they did show an interest it was allegedly at a knock down price.

Mere industry isn't enough for a top team in the Premiership, some of his play is very limited. He's very exposed to those that may be looking at him and in the current climate there'd be far more potential value in an overseas player. As I mentioned, if one of our major buys next season was to be KDH for 30m I personally would be very underwhelmed just as I was for Perez.

• Like 1

I think, for the first time in history, transfer fees are going to come down. I think 15-20m will be decent business. Next season is likely to be a tough watch whichever league we're in, if the transfer embargo stands, loans ending, contracts expiring and our best talent being sold we could be putting out a team of kids.

On the bright side the wage bill will go through the floor though.

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pure profit as well. I like the idea of replacing him with someone like Gabriel Sara or Matt O'Reilly both whom would come in slightly less than him but maybe we don't even have that luxury and must recruit at a much lower value and exploit some different markets.

Just blood Alves and Braybrooke next season, if we go up we'll be odds on to go back down again, may as well get them in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

See your point but, to the sort of teams that are likely to want him, 30m is a lot of money for a player of his standard. If you for example look at the profile of the sort of players Brighton buy, young, cheap with good potential sell on value he doesn't fit the bill. When they did show an interest it was allegedly at a knock down price.

Mere industry isn't enough for a top team in the Premiership, some of his play is very limited. He's very exposed to those that may be looking at him and in the current climate there'd be far more potential value in an overseas player. As I mentioned, if one of our major buys next season was to be KDH for 30m I personally would be very underwhelmed just as I was for Perez.

They spent 30mil on baleba and 30mil on Joao Pedro. Brighton arent as tight with their wallet as some think.

• Like 1

i don’t understand why so many of our fans underrate kdh so much. The only clear reason, is that so many of you previously slated him for a lack of technical ability, so you really want to prove yourselves right.

I think most can see that he’s drastically improved and is getting closer to his potential now and will likely continue to improve.  That’s why so many top clubs are sniffing, because they can all see it.

Everyone has bad games. Maddison had them often. We are just such an entitled fan base these days, that we expect a player to not go through bad form. 

I personally think he’s another that would shine and his talent will only be appreciated 

once he’s left.

when you have  europa league everyone talks about how it’s so tough with the extra games…. the championship already had 8 extra, it’s a slog. Yet kdh has been solid for 85% of it. Doesn’t half wind me up. But if people couldn’t see the talent with barnes and maddison than there’s just no pleasing our lot. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i don’t understand why so many of our fans underrate kdh so much. The only clear reason, is that so many of you previously slated him for a lack of technical ability, so you really want to prove yourselves right.

I think most can see that he’s drastically improved and is getting closer to his potential now and will likely continue to improve.  That’s why so many top clubs are sniffing, because they can all see it.

Everyone has bad games. Maddison had them often. We are just such an entitled fan base these days, that we expect a player to not go through bad form. 

I personally think he’s another that would shine and his talent will only be appreciated 

once he’s left.

when you have  europa league everyone talks about how it’s so tough with the extra games…. the championship already had 8 extra, it’s a slog. Yet kdh has been solid for 85% of it. Doesn’t half wind me up. But if people couldn’t see the talent with barnes and maddison than there’s just no pleasing our lot. 

I don't think it is so much this, more the fact that we've had a golden 10 years or so with players like Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, all in their pomp, gracing the KP.  Even Tielemans in terms of pure ability was better than KDH.  I think that's the lens the people are viewing him through and the level we are comparing him too.  I'm also not convinced that he is as good as Lennon or Izett really.... but he is more that kind of level.  a solid operator, but he isn't going to trouble the England squad at any point and will have a solid mid tier PL career no doubt. I suspect he'll spend the latter part of his career though back in the championship once his legs / stamina start to go a little bit. 

Edited by Greg2607

4 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I don't think it is so much this, more the fact that we've had a golden 10 years or so with players like Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, all in their pomp, gracing the KP.  Even Tielemans in terms of pure ability was better than KDH.  I think that's the lens the people are viewing him through and the level we are comparing him too.  I'm also not convinced that he is as good as Lennon or Izett really.... but he is more that kind of level.  a solid operator, but he isn't going to trouble the England squad at any point and will have a solid mid tier PL career no doubt. I suspect he'll spend the latter part of his career though back in the championship once his legs / stamina start to go a little bit. 

I get that but we have to re-set expectations. 

If we had dyer, nugent or even kingy in their prime, this season they would be absolutely hated. 

Edited by Lambert09

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

They spent 30mil on baleba and 30mil on Joao Pedro. Brighton arent as tight with their wallet as some think.

It's not so much the money spent but what they're spending it on.

Those two players are about 20 and 21 and look great prospects, are improving very quickly and will make a profit like a number of their other signings have done.

I don't think the same can be said of KDH. He's 25yrs, industrious but lacks quite a bit. I don't feel there's too much more to come from him. Price wise I think he's approaching his ceiling. I may be very wrong of course 🤣.