Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Like us in recent weeks then ? 

Depends what games you are talking about. Our defending in transition has been woeful and a direct result of the system we play. I don’t think we tactically outschooled Plymouth and Millwall. Quite the opposite 

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Like us in recent weeks then ? 

Yes.

Millwall and Plymouth were pretty fortunate to beat us recently.

We were lucky today. Swings and roundabouts.

I still don’t think we’re particularly good though, but seeing as we’re top of the league again I better shut up! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Depends what games you are talking about. Our defending in transition has been woeful and a direct result of the system we play. I don’t think we tactically outschooled Plymouth and Millwall. Quite the opposite 

All the games we should have won but for players not taking chances we didn't, I bet you still lumbered that on Enzo.

• Like 1

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Yes.

Millwall and Plymouth were pretty fortunate to beat us recently.

We were lucky today. Swings and roundabouts.

I still don’t think we’re particularly good though, but seeing as we’re top of the league again I better shut up! 

At this stage is anyone any good? As everyone seems to point out (unless they feel the need to pick holes) its getting the results that matter. A few days ago everyone talking about how great Southampton were but i watched their 2nd half and thought they were rubbish. 

Maybe Leeds turn up on Monday and look brilliant - but they looked terrible in their last few as well.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

All the games we should have won but for players not taking chances we didn't, I bet you still lumbered that on Enzo.

I did because for some reason he picks those players who are utter duds ala Daka at Plymouth. At least West Brom could argue they didn’t have an outright striker playing. 

Doesn’t rotate the players and might have learnt his lesson today by giving Ricardo the day off 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

I did because for some reason he picks those players who are utter duds ala Daka at Plymouth. At least West Brom could argue they didn’t have an outright striker playing. 

Doesn’t rotate the players and might have learnt his lesson today by giving Ricardo the day off 

What a load of tosh.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What a load of tosh.

No argument to the point then. He picks the players. Some of whom are badly out of form and have directly affected our results in recent weeks. 

If I’m perfectly honest, travelling down last weekend to that performance against Plymouth will mean it takes a lot to change my mind on the bloke 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

At this stage is anyone any good? As everyone seems to point out (unless they feel the need to pick holes) its getting the results that matter. A few days ago everyone talking about how great Southampton were but i watched their 2nd half and thought they were rubbish. 

Maybe Leeds turn up on Monday and look brilliant - but they looked terrible in their last few as well.

No, that’s true.

I’m probably still judging us through the lens of bottom half PL quality - Which is unfair given where we are now.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

What a load of tosh.

Sorry to jump in but the comment you’ve responded to seems quite reasonable and not at all insulting. In fact ends with a positive comment of Enzo adapting to potential previous errors. Why is it simply “tosh”. 

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Come on mate, cheer up a bit. We've won

Im sorry if my posts.are negative, im celebrating drinking old fashioned whisky cocktails with the wife and watching old school bhangra. Happy days

But we were still shit and second best.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sorry to jump in but the comment you’ve responded to seems quite reasonable and not at all insulting. In fact ends with a positive comment of Enzo adapting to potential previous errors. Why is it simply “tosh”. 

Because he contradicted himself.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is inexperienced, but you can’t deny with a somewhat similar team to Leeds he has outperformed Farke. McKenna obvious manager of the season, but maybe we need to give Enzo a little more time before jumping on him. Yes I have attacked him but that is out of anger and not thinking straight. On the whole he is doing well in my view. Yes a lot to learn but I think he is smart enough to understand what needs to be done 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is inexperienced, but you can’t deny with a somewhat similar team to Leeds he has outperformed Farke. McKenna obvious manager of the season, but maybe we need to give Enzo a little more time before jumping on him. Yes I have attacked him but that is out of anger and not thinking straight. On the whole he is doing well in my view. Yes a lot to learn but I think he is smart enough to understand what needs to be done 

Because for many naysayers it’s totally about the style.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah I can’t say anything you’ve said here isn’t rational and worthy. I was more so questioning the other poster whose dismissed a genuine criticism for no apparent reason or explanation

3 hours ago, Hammo said:

Are you saying if you can’t beat them join them? Because this reads like the moaniest moan of the lot.

Tbf I love a good moan. And the great thing about me is, I like to make my moans sound like I’m better than everyone else. Like somehow I’m above them. I suppose, if I analyse myself, I’m a wretched little man. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah I can’t say anything you’ve said here isn’t rational and worthy. I was more so questioning the other poster whose dismissed a genuine criticism for no apparent reason or explanation

Contradiction 

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Enzo's fault Vardy had his boots on the wrong feet against Bristol :ph34r:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tactically outschooled yes. 

If West Brom’s players can’t finish their chances, that’s their failure to not take advantage of the manager’s good tactical work 

So its ok West Brom  players can't finish there chances this isn't down to the manager in fact the manager is tactically astute ... but the games we had created chances that should of won us the game its not down to Enzo.

@Mickyblueeyes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

So its ok West Brom  players can't finish there chances this isn't down to the manager in fact the manager is tactically astute ... but the games we had created chances that should of won us the game its not down to Enzo.

@Mickyblueeyes

Did you mean is down to the manager in Enzo’s case?