Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

29 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Entirely my feeling. I really hope we go up, and after today I think we will . But that’s very much down to the players. The manager is not very good.

It was an absolute shocker from the manager today. I'm buzzing,.I'm relieved, I'm gonna have a great weekend. But make no mistake that was.managerial ineptitude if the highest order. 

The bizarre planting of Faes on the touchline. And (the outstanding) Hamza hung out to dry and forced into entirely understandable errors down to this wretched system 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy (and Hamza) saves the day yet again.

The plonker on here (Fox 85?) who decided in the match thread, that Vardy should be binned, you don’t deserve to be a City fan 

Huge win today

The match thread is a no go zone.

It's hilarious how many times poster's shoot themselves in the foot.......with both barrels. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

Unconvincing to say the least. Very lucky Leicester 

Luck tends to even itself out over time. Certainly WBA  put in a good performance and will feel unlucky not to get anything 

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

Unconvincing to say the least. Very lucky Leicester 

How many times have we been lucky this season...not much. 

All that matters is 3pts at the end now. We actually showed some aggression today, which was good to see. 

• Like 4

Huge win. Showing that we aren’t complete bottle jobs and there’s a bit of a winning mentality in there somewhere. Two wins from three needed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Huge win. Showing that we aren’t complete bottle jobs and there’s a bit of a winning mentality in there somewhere. Two wins from three needed. 

Mathematically, but think one more will do, can't see Leeds winning all three.

Great result. Concerning performance. West Brom could of easy scored about 5.

Enzo left the subs too late.

Great scenes at the end but a shame the ground was half empty.

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

If Southampton win today they go level with Leeds and same amount of games played. 

With us and Leeds to play. If Ipswich slip up against Hull next week it's going to be mental.  Moreso than it is already.

Edited by JimJams

10 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

How many times have we been lucky this season...not much. 

All that matters is 3pts at the end now. We actually showed some aggression today, which was good to see. 

Yes it wasn’t pretty and we were sloppy at times but the amount of fight was noticeably improved led by hamza and Vardy. We did get a bit lucky but as you say about time. I thought West Brom looked a good team and a physically strong team but we stood up well. I do think Coady made more difference but I’m surprised we didnt make changes on the right hand side although Fatawu tracked back more second half. We did look very nervous at times particularly in midfield but we that lessened as the game went on. I’ll take a win at any time but I’m buzzing now. Southampton will be possibly more difficult but if we compete like that we have a good chance of the support get behind us again like today. 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy (and Hamza) saves the day yet again.

The plonker on here (Fox 85?) who decided in the match thread, that Vardy should be binned, you don’t deserve to be a City fan 

Huge win today

I'll have to be honest here, but credit were credits due  Hamza was MOTM today and I did question his inclusion on another thread, but I'll gladly take this one on the chin and admit I got it wrong 

Coady thankfully proved all begging for his inclusion right, and for someone who come in relatively cold he was pretty much Spot on, ok could have been a tad sharper for their goal, but see previous statement.

Happy as hell with the win but still not convinced with tactics, set up etc. and don't get me started on the subject of subs.   He's "effing" clueless.

Please someone correct me if my maths are wrong,( I wouldn't be surprised) but if Leeds loose on Tuesday and we beat Southampton aren't we guaranteed 2nd spot?  

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm just so glad I'm not having to listen to Don Goodman for the rest of the day

“But Maresca’s message couldn’t get through, he told the players how it was and to start moving the ball faster in more progressive areas if they wanted to win the league. However the supporters saw no change in fortunes, that was until Coady called a team meeting. “Do you want promotion or do you want Don Goodman commentating on your games for the rest of your careers?”. The players responded and won the final four games, winning the league at a canter.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

With us and Leeds to play. If Ipswich slip up against Hull next week it's going to be mental.  Moreso than it is already.

We win two games. We just have to focus on that and not rely on anyone else. I expect it to be settled on the final day though. 

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

We win two games. We just have to focus on that and not rely on anyone else. I expect it to be settled on the final day though. 

I didn't really mean mental for us. I meant mental for whoever comes runner up.