Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

54 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I didn't watch the last 15/20 mins.

Felt it was inevitable that they'd equalise. Unbearable.

This club is not great for my health ! 

Never thought I'd be so bothered after our title win of 2015/16 & FA Cup win.

It just proves that you can't just let go, or not care too much. 

I'd just like a few seasons of no dramas, no threat of relegation, or a sniff of success.......just a few boring, mid-table finishes.

How's your dickie-tickeur now?

Luck / randomness plays such a part look at Man City they could easily still be in the Champions League and out of the FA Cup.

A win is a win.  Odd to bench Justin, Ricardo and Doyle.  Maybe it’s rotation. I’ve no idea.

subs earlier would help!

8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I didn't watch the last 15/20 mins.

Felt it was inevitable that they'd equalise. Unbearable.

This club is not great for my health ! 

Never thought I'd be so bothered after our title win of 2015/16 & FA Cup win.

It just proves that you can't just let go, or not care too much. 

I'd just like a few seasons of no dramas, no threat of relegation, or a sniff of success.......just a few boring, mid-table finishes.

I was worried we would be winning at half time but losing at full time. The odds of that were 65-1 so I put a fiver or so on it so even if I was miserable as hell that we’d potentially chucked our season away I’d have a bout £350 to console myself with! 

• Like 1

Amazing game.

The fact we scored two, missed a pen and Vardy missed two other absolute sitters BUT we still could have lost by a rugby score tells you a lot about how defensivley frail we were with the formation. Well played West Brom and massive result that we came out with the win. If Leeds don't beaat Boro we could be promoted virtually with  win Tuesday. 

Ricardo, Justin and Doyle will have a part to play on Tuesday

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Tactically outschooled yes. 

If West Brom’s players can’t finish their chances, that’s their failure to not take advantage of the manager’s good tactical work 

Very similar to us in this 10 or so game run, missed countless good chances to win games. If you don’t take your chances you get punished. 

We can’t moan/criticise about losing games because we can’t finish our dinner but then say we are lucky when the opposition do the exact same. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

That was stressful! But thankfully we got the job done , Enzo really needs to make substitutions more earlier , Ndidi was cooked.

I agree to some degree, but I do think he is pretty starved of options since Casadei returned to Chelsea and we didn’t replace him. 

We have Dennis Praet who has been wanting to leave for the last 3 seasons, Yunus who isn’t the right player when defending a lead. Truth is with Alves and Braybrooke, both working toward full fitness he is very limited in his options, although McAteer might give a similar profile to Wilf. 

1 hour ago, tinpot_fox said:

You think Daka should have have been on the pitch earlier?

As to a 37 year old Vardy who was blowing?

Yes, yes I do!

Would have preferred for Cannon to have come on though as he might have held the ball up and he can also press but that doesn’t fit with your question 😜

do wonder if the Diang's shot/handball would have been given if it had gone in during the second half, amazing how it doesnt seem to be mentioned much

some WBA moaning about the ref etc yet against QPR, Kipre handled the ball on the line and got away with it....they went on to draw...just....

got to play alot better on Tuesday mind

football is all swings and roundabouts atm

Edited by FrankieADZ

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Btw, any mentions so far for Mikey Johnston for them? 

He was fantastic. Never heard.of him but got EFL player of the month in March, so today clearly wasn't a one off. 

this spot on.  Caused us loads of problems a great dribbler with the ball at his feet.  We should try and sign him in the summer if we get promoted.

5 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

this spot on.  Caused us loads of problems a great dribbler with the ball at his feet.  We should try and sign him in the summer if we get promoted.

He’s with Wasserman so would be easy to do. Although he is on loan from Celtic so depends whether the midget twat wants him…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Fatawu is brilliant, he can beat a man so easily and has created many chances this season.

He's only going to get better in the PL. Just hope with all this PSR chaos we still sign him.

Match winner. So many times over the years, you get a player. Sometimes they are on it for 90, sometimes not but they have that moment. I think Abdul was pushed back a lot yesterday which hindered his attacking play, however, that one moment showed his quality, 

Very few players have it and when you get one who does, nurture them, put up with the down time and reap the rewards.

28 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

With all due respect, he can’t get in at Celtic. He was good but certainly won’t have a big impact at the level above.