Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

12 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

More than stretching it - Just pure blue tinted glasses.

We were fortunate to get all three points.

No game is going to be easy at this point,

We weren't fortunate we took our chances and kept there's out.

• Like 1

We rode our luck but dug deep to win that, we have had some right old sucker punches recently where we have missed sitter after sitter and beaten by a cracking goal. 

Hamza was absolutely magnificent, that was as good a performance I have seen from him, would be good to see him build on this now. 

17 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

More than stretching it - Just pure blue tinted glasses.

We were fortunate to get all three points.

Yet if we’d played like West Brom did and lost, it would’ve been a deserved loss in many peoples eyes on here. Deserve to win, deserve to lose. We won.  And that’s the most important thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Hats off to West Brom, i really hope we dont face them in the play offs.

We were second best but we had the fight, and we got, for once some luck.

So im getting pissed happy tonight.

Are you expecting us to be in the playoffs. ???

Fortunate to win but it is all that matters. They are a good side who have done their job and could play with freedom, at times it pinned us back but I thought in the first ten after half time we played some great stuff.

Hopefully one more win needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

When playing first, it's always great to get the points on the board. Hopefully Leeds will drop points at Boro. Those who are moaning about the performance and that we were lucky need to look at the bigger picture. We just secured 3 points, I don't care if we were lucky, fortunate or WBA were the better side. How many times this season has it been the other way around? At this point of the season, I'm not bothered how we win, so long as we do..

West Brom are a very good team, it is a fine result today and we deserved it because we put in that extra work to get the points 

• Like 1

Another day we lose that 5-2 but we have been on the other end when we should have been 3 or 4 nil up and lost so I am more than happy with today . Just need to tighten up defensively for the next few games and we will be ok . 

36 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It’s funny in what circumstances stats matter. 

We both had a number of clear chances that should of been buried. I dont think anyone could say a draw wouldnt of been a fair result.. not that im complaining about it

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We beat the better side on the day. As has been the case many times this year.

Cracks being papered and all that.

Not really, just what do you want!? I saw a good passionate performance today. Mistakes were made by both sides but that is why we aren’t Brazil 70’. Did you feel we deserved the points against Leeds and Boro? yet we were far more dominate than West Brom was against us 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not really, just what do you want!? I saw a good passionate performance today. Mistakes were made by both sides but that is why we aren’t Brazil 70’ 

We should be winning every game by 3 goals mate, we shouldn't be making no mistakes we have the biggest squad ever assembled in the league 

• Haha 1

Firstly what a good decent game of football. 

We can argue about whether it was deserved but I can say with confidence that Enzo was tactically outschooled. Experience of management was evident on shown. 

For once however players stood up. In some areas, promise finally delivered on. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

We can argue about whether it was deserved but I can say with confidence that Enzo was tactically outschooled. Experience of management was evident on shown. 

out schooled ? lol we won 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

he Started Codeh thats why we won

Today was the day my teenager finally fell fully back in love with football. 

She’s 10 years in as a season ticket holder and didn’t really understand the enormity of ‘that’ season. I couldn’t go to day but when she messaged me at full time saying ‘I’m fudging buzzing’ I knew she was in love again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

We both had a number of clear chances that should of been buried. I dont think anyone could say a draw wouldnt of been a fair result.. not that im complaining about it

Its just we come away from a Plymouth game with 70% possession and about 3 times as many shots and an XG that shows we should have at least scored 1, but everything is sh1t and the stats are irrelevant.

Have a game where our stats are slightly worse but the XG is almost identical, and we have goal line heroics and still take out chances and still miss a penalty - then we are lucky. 

Today we won because we had the better players and i think the crowd actually played a  part too. Not sure why all the lucky shite needs to be banded about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

out schooled ? lol we won 

Tactically outschooled yes. 

If West Brom’s players can’t finish their chances, that’s their failure to not take advantage of the manager’s good tactical work 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tactically outschooled yes. 

If West Brom’s players can’t finish their chances, that’s their failure to not take advantage of the manager’s good tactical work 

Like us in recent weeks then ? 

If that's the case we should have already wrapped up the title and wouldn't have been reliant on todays game.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1