Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

Posted (edited)

What's next the three fan groups unite to overthrow the Top and take control of the club because they want an additional option to the current pies we get in the ground?

It seems a bit rich that that statememnt blames the club for ruining this glorious week, it's not the club plotting behind the scenes with other groups at a time in which they are trying to prepare for next season as early as possible.

I know I'll get shot down for the above but that's my opinion, never had an issue with mobile ticketing in all the years we've had it available and never see anyone encounter an issue with a mobile ticket at the turnstile. That's just my experience and I fully accept that other people have had different experiences

Edited by coalvillefox
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

well it feels like they are losing control of them which is a good thing for the fans. As when a club controls the fan groups they will start to want even more power. It's great to see them uniting on things that matter the most. 

Out of interest who from the club sits at these meetings?  

Whelan was at the first meeting not the second.

Then you had -

Alistair Spiers - head of ticketing sales

Anthony Mundy - Opps director

Anthony Herilhy - Comms Director

Imogen Ward - New head of supporter engagement

Jim and Louise from the SLO team

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The reality is that our club have lied to us and attempted to extort £25 extra from us all.

That this is now changed to an enforced charity donation (interested to see the Charities Commission's stance on that, by the way...) is proof of that.

I see the reasons why they would like us all on digital cards 

I do agree they could have been more transparent 

I'm delighted my £50 is going to charity 

Very proud of our supporters groups and their amazing work 

8 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

What's next the three fan groups unite to overthrow the Top and take control of the club because they want an additional option to the current pies we get in the ground?

It seems a bit rich that that statememnt blames the club for ruining this glorious week, it's not the club plotting behind the scenes with other groups at a time in which they are trying to prepare for next season as early as possible.

I know I'll get shot down for the above but that's my opinion, never had an issue with mobile ticketing in all the years we've had it available and never see anyone encounter an issue with a mobile ticket at the turnstile. That's just my experience and I fully accept that other people have had different experiences

Or maybe, and just hear me out on this, they would have just been happy to get the £25 tax removed and not have fans guilted into paying it because of an incredibly cynical “compromise” by the club?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

I’ve read that multiple times and still have no idea what you’re getting at. 

13 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Yeah actually, would rather a fan owned club than a businessman from Thailand. Is that bad?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Whelan was at the first meeting not the second.

Then you had -

Alistair Spiers - head of ticketing sales

Anthony Mundy - Opps director

Anthony Herilhy - Comms Director

Imogen Ward - New head of supporter engagement

Jim and Louise from the SLO team

she has a interesting CV working for the ECB as head of fan engagement with 'The Hundred'  well knowing how much abuse they got for that, and how little got done to improve it i cant see her helping the fans out much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Trekerz said:

Yeah actually, would rather a fan owned club than a businessman from Thailand. Is that bad?

i have my reservations about Top and the day to day running. I have no issue with him owning the club, just needs to work on the people that he employs to run it. 

14 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

As you said, that's your experience so why try to shoot down those who don't want it? No one is forcing you to buy a card or campaign against the digital tickets.

1 minute ago, Trekerz said:

There are many things to criticise Top for but not being a fan isn't one of them. He has interviews going back since Vichai first bought the club stating that Top being a fan of LCFC is why he chose us to buy and not another club instead

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

There are many things to criticise Top for but not being a fan isn't one of them. He has interviews going back since Vichai first bought the club stating that Top being a fan of LCFC is why he chose us to buy and not another club instead

All i said was i would rather a fan owned club than a businessman from thailand? He may be a "fan" but he obviously has the business side as a bigger priority as we can see.

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Im sure he was at Hillsborough in the replay of the league cup, really sure of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i have my reservations about Top and the day to day running. I have no issue with him owning the club, just needs to work on the people that he employs to run it. 

^^

24 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

I fully accept that other people have had different experiences

All of the absolute nonsense you posted previous to this sentence suggests you don't. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Sorry. Susan. 

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Im sure he was at Hillsborough in the replay of the league cup, really sure of it.

You can be a fan without going to the games. I've had a season ticket for 20 years it dosent mean I need to look down on people who are fans in different ways

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

You can be a fan without going to the games. I've had a season ticket for 20 years it dosent mean I need to look down on people who are fans in different ways

It's his own bullshit story that he was in that crowd.

• Like 2

Will happily pay in knowledge going to worthy causes. Understand times are tight but always someone worse off and am sure this money will benefit others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Do you really believe he was a fan of Leicester when living in Thailand and Leicester being in league one/championship? Be serious with yourselflol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Didn't they try to buy into Chelsea first, then came to Leicester?

Sure I read that somewhere..