Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

I don't think many people have picked up how valuable digital tickets are for marketing purposes - a reason for this push to digital is because it generates more value for the club - take a look at this page for an example 

https://fortressgb.com/the-platform/

FortressGB is shown on the ticket, when I've had to use it so I suspect it is the platform used.

So £25 to 'opt out' of this marketing ????

Don't believe the reasons the club are stating.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lcfclcfc1 said:

If the club just added £25 to all over 18s tickets at the time of releasing next seasons prices nobody would have battered an eye and all this fuss wouldnt be going on

If competent people were in commercial positions then the above would be a possibility. 

I haven't used the marketing aspect of my degree since graduating many years ago and even I'd be doing better than whichever dullard is running things down there. 

A club full to the brim with incompetent middle managers. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Are you saying the £25 is too cheap? :ph34r:

No the cards look too cheap 😉

Surely if they want the ticketing to go all digital then why do they send out plastic membership cards and not charge for the privilege of having a plastic membership card?

This is changed every year if having to with new sponsorship or change of design so what’s the difference in a free membership card to being able to give a free physical Season ticket card, yes I understand the reasons for wanting to go all digital but they must realise there are a few amount fans for either technophobia or any other reason who have loyally supported this club for years who’ve always had a physical season ticket who don’t like change so is it that hard to just allow the people who enjoy going to the KP week in week out year by year the the loyal fans to have a card I just don’t see the reasons for charging a substantial amount to loyal fans when members don’t get charged for their membership cards the hierarchy need to remember if not for the fans of this club it would be nothing loyalty works both ways !

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

My understanding is that the £25 charge is because the club want to go fully digital and that next seasons card will need to be changed due to a sponsorship change. 

Who's the new sponsor then because my card has FBS. Adidas and KP on it?

58 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

You mean Sean from Enderby!

No someone on here said it yesterday.

Ryy mentioned it in the new kits thread, credible poster.

That tw@t StanSP mentioned it first actually 

Edited by Sambiasso

52 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Few have said Walkers

48 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

No someone on here said it yesterday.

Ryy mentioned it in the new kits thread, credible poster.

That tw@t StanSP mentioned it first actually 

• Haha 1

Email just sent out about renewals 

As a Season Ticket Holder on our Direct Debit Scheme, we can confirm the automatic renewal your Season Ticket(s) for the 2024/25 campaign! We thank you for your continued support.

If you missed the announcement, full information regarding 2024/25 renewals, you can read it in full HERE.

934005_stbody2425.png

In the coming days, you will receive an email confirming your confirmation, payment schedules and amounts.

Should you wish to cancel your Season Ticket(s) on Direct Debit, please contact the City Sales Centre no later than 5pm on Monday 13 May.

Please note all Season Tickets will be defaulted to a Mobile Season Ticket unless you purchase a Season Card. 2023/24 Season Cards will not be operative for the 2024/25 season. Further information can be found HERE.

• Like 1

well in the first 30 mins of the post being on Twitter they have 29 comments and they are all negative about the charge. 

So hopefully Mrs Whelan is following these as well as her email inbox.... 

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

well in the first 30 mins of the post being on Twitter they have 29 comments and they are all negative about the charge. 

All pile in.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Glorious viewing. Keep it coming folks!

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Whatever the number is, they'll say it's not enough. Goalposts move! 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Up to 40 replies on there but Mr Salvatore doesn't seem to get it:

Screenshot_20240426-114823.thumb.png.4ca6cdd27870fac5b5db16bd243bc9a2.png

It seems the club don’t get it either, I seen a reply on here that was from Jim saying the system used was exactly the same with card and phone,

that’s fine but with a card you only have to worry about the card which most people just keep on their wallet, you don’t have to worry about having a suitable phone or having the battery charged although I have seen they have suggested having portable chargers at the ground 

14 hours ago, lcfclcfc1 said:

If the club just added £25 to all over 18s tickets at the time of releasing next seasons prices nobody would have battered an eye and all this fuss wouldnt be going on

True, but they don't want physical cards any more. The money isn't the issue really, they simply want more and more control and the fee is a way to push more people in the direction they want.

For me personally, and the many people I've spoken to off here about it. When they are honest, it's not the money they are really bothered about. It's the fact they are losing the ability to pass tickets around to people.

I know a few people who are raging and they go to few games, they tout their ticket most weeks and are the most vocal I know. (well aware that's not the case the all). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It seems the club don’t get it either, I seen a reply on here that was from Jim saying the system used was exactly the same with card and phone,

that’s fine but with a card you only have to worry about the card which most people just keep on their wallet, you don’t have to worry about having a suitable phone or having the battery charged although I have seen they have suggested having portable chargers at the ground 

It shouldn't be a big worry, you just go to the ticket office, and they will sort you out. Been in plenty of times when I've forgotten my ticket. lol

13 hours ago, Lako42 said:

If competent people were in commercial positions then the above would be a possibility. 

I haven't used the marketing aspect of my degree since graduating many years ago and even I'd be doing better than whichever dullard is running things down there. 

A club full to the brim with incompetent middle managers. 

They wanted that charge front and center - they need it to demonstrate their implicit intentions to the fans. We're charging you £25 because we don't want this to continue. 

Going to be honest, there were so many different ways the club could have done this to have made it a little bit more bearable. Yeah none of us want to pay £25 but if the club wanted to impose such a rule, they could have made it more pleasing on the eye rather than pure profiteering. 

Possible options I've come up with, and I don't get paid thousands of pounds a year to make such decisions: 

1) The club could have made the £25 fee something that is donated 100% to charities, such as the Leicestershire Hospitals charities that the club have worked with in the past. This would have made it more acceptable to pay and more fans would have been on side.  

2) Not have lied regarding the eco-friendly reasons for axing cards for everyone. Be honest about it. Be honest about the fact there are a select few who give tickets to those with banning orders who circumvent their bans. This is literally a handful of supporters and the rest are being punished. This has been one of the most frustrating parts of the whole process. Even a senior employee of the club admitted it's a control issue, as I saw through straight away. The club hierarchy take the supporters as idiots on a regular basis. It's almost like the hierarchy consider us to be oblivious to problems as long as they give out a free can of Chang 2 hours before the game kicks off. It's not long ago that Leicester were seen as the beacon of Football ownership, now a lot of us think it's time for King Power to move on and get people in who are more in touch. 

3) Eco-friendly cards. Organisations such as English Heritage and National Trust with their membership cards use a paper based card. These use a QR code printed on the ticket. Using this would have been the way to go initially if they wanted to go down this route. 

4) Come up with some form of incentive system for people to pay the fee. Vouchers sent through the post along with the card for a drink at the first game of the season.

5) Consult Supporters Groups first months ago, and then come together on some form of compromise on the issue. The fact this just came out of the woodwork is laughable, and £25 has been suggested as the fee as it puts it at not tolerable. 

6) Introduce the £25 fee onto Season Ticket prices BEFORE the rise in cost. The cost of a season card for the club cannot be more than £5 to produce. They could have concealed the £25 fee inside of the Season ticket price and we would not have moaned. You could then had an option for people who wanted to get their mobile season ticket and get a ST for £25 less than those who wanted the card. Rather than a separate fee incorporate it. 

All in all, it's just very disappointing isn't it. From a business perspective it is pure PR disaster and nightmare, especially now the local papers have picked up on this.