Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In fairness to Jim, he is prepared to speak to anyone, if you have made well thought out constructive criticism.  He offered to speak to me a few days ago when i emailed in.

I did speak to him about mobile ticketing some time back, after he phoned me.   I put forward all the reasons why i thought forcing people down that route was bad.  Not just my own reasons, but for other people i know who may have issues with it.

He was engaging, and didn't resort to too much patronising corporate speak.  We spoke for 45 minutes, and i thanked him for taking the trouble to speak to me.

But i got the impression that nothing i said was going to make the slightest bit of difference.   And over the call, i was getting angrier and angrier, and i had to use every ounce of discipline to stay composed and polite.

The bit where he said to me "you have to remember, this is our Club and we can do what we like" (or pretty much those words) ... i nearly lost it.

After i put the phone down, my wife of 30+ years said she had never heard me so angry, and was amazed i'd managed to keep it civil.

I love this club, our club ... but i despise the people who are currently running it.

I had a similar conversation with him yesterday face to face and came away with the same impression that it will change nothing but asked him to feed back in particular that the way the matter has been handled by the club has been a PR disaster.

Got a reply of, thx for not using a template Email, come in and see how the tech works if you do not want to pay for a card, we'd rather have you try it rather than not renew from Jim.

Personally, if the club are going in a direction regardless, I'm going to become an armchair fan and find other things to spend my money on.

• Like 2

I'm sick of whats happened to the game. If it's not the club ripping me off as a way to get me to do what they want, it's sky fu*king me around and the toffs at the top of the pyramid destroying the rest of it. It's gotten to the point i'm no-longer that excited about match days or up and coming seasons whilst feeling like i'm an idiot for showing up for it. I know "it's only £25" but add that to the rest of it and supporting my club is very close to being unaffordable for me. Supporting Leicester City has been a massive part of my life but I just can't justify this circus anymore. 

I don't know what to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I'm sick of whats happened to the game. If it's not the club ripping me off as a way to get me to do what they want, it's sky fu*king me around and the toffs at the top of the pyramid destroying the rest of it. It's gotten to the point i'm no-longer that excited about match days or up and coming seasons whilst feeling like i'm an idiot for showing up for it. I know "it's only £25" but add that to the rest of it and supporting my club is very close to being unaffordable for me. Supporting Leicester City has been a massive part of my life but I just can't justify this circus anymore. 

I don't know what to do.

Support a local club?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I don't know what to do.

Non league. 

• Like 1

What’s the email address we are sending to please?

what gets me is that there’s has been a gross mismanagement in the clubs expenditure yet we are expected to help towards getting back on track..

ST increase, no problem and expected..

although,  we all know it’s going to be a long old season with the inevitable 10/15 pts deduction… let’s be honest, we’re relegated already..

Hope  they appreciate the support eh 

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Be good if foxes pride joined too - it affects their members too.

As someone's mentioned above, they'd worry they'd lose their cushy seats and player pic access holding different merchandise. We slag of the trust a lot; but fair play they're there fighting against this as well 

Disappointing though, this is a matter all fan groups shout be rallying behind.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As someone's mentioned above, they'd worry they'd lose their cushy seats and player pic access holding different merchandise. We slag of the trust a lot; but fair play they're there fighting against this as well 

Disappointing though, this is a matter all fan groups shout be rallying behind.

I know for a fact that some committee members have tried but for one reason or another it hasn’t happened yet.

• Like 2

How does this pan out if you’re the owner of a Carer season ticket for a Disabled one?

My season ticket is free (pay half of my brothers ticket) because of being a carer so do I still need to pay the £25 considering my brothers will be free because he’s disabled?

3 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

How does this pan out if you’re the owner of a Carer season ticket for a Disabled one?

My season ticket is free (pay half of my brothers ticket) because of being a carer so do I still need to pay the £25 considering my brothers will be free because he’s disabled?

I’d ask the club, if they have any sense you get it free, so have your card details to hand.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Be good if foxes pride joined too - it affects their members too.

Between us groups we wanted to have a quick turnaround with renewals starting tomorrow and weekend upcoming (plus want to focus on the last 2 games without these issues still lingering). Unfortunately the Pride could not join us at this speed due to work commitments. Got to remember we are all volunteers and have jobs as well.

Was a great effort over the past 24 hours to get things moving and jointly agree on comms. Let's hope the club see sense and we can file this under the fanbase wins. Then we can 100% focus on the final two games and hopefully celebrate a positive end to the season.