Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

22 minutes ago, Skidmark said:

Going to be honest, there were so many different ways the club could have done this to have made it a little bit more bearable. Yeah none of us want to pay £25 but if the club wanted to impose such a rule, they could have made it more pleasing on the eye rather than pure profiteering. 

Possible options I've come up with, and I don't get paid thousands of pounds a year to make such decisions: 

1) The club could have made the £25 fee something that is donated 100% to charities, such as the Leicestershire Hospitals charities that the club have worked with in the past. This would have made it more acceptable to pay and more fans would have been on side.  

2) Not have lied regarding the eco-friendly reasons for axing cards for everyone. Be honest about it. Be honest about the fact there are a select few who give tickets to those with banning orders who circumvent their bans. This is literally a handful of supporters and the rest are being punished. This has been one of the most frustrating parts of the whole process. Even a senior employee of the club admitted it's a control issue, as I saw through straight away. The club hierarchy take the supporters as idiots on a regular basis. It's almost like the hierarchy consider us to be oblivious to problems as long as they give out a free can of Chang 2 hours before the game kicks off. It's not long ago that Leicester were seen as the beacon of Football ownership, now a lot of us think it's time for King Power to move on and get people in who are more in touch. 

3) Eco-friendly cards. Organisations such as English Heritage and National Trust with their membership cards use a paper based card. These use a QR code printed on the ticket. Using this would have been the way to go initially if they wanted to go down this route. 

4) Come up with some form of incentive system for people to pay the fee. Vouchers sent through the post along with the card for a drink at the first game of the season.

5) Consult Supporters Groups first months ago, and then come together on some form of compromise on the issue. The fact this just came out of the woodwork is laughable, and £25 has been suggested as the fee as it puts it at not tolerable. 

6) Introduce the £25 fee onto Season Ticket prices BEFORE the rise in cost. The cost of a season card for the club cannot be more than £5 to produce. They could have concealed the £25 fee inside of the Season ticket price and we would not have moaned. You could then had an option for people who wanted to get their mobile season ticket and get a ST for £25 less than those who wanted the card. Rather than a separate fee incorporate it. 

All in all, it's just very disappointing isn't it. From a business perspective it is pure PR disaster and nightmare, especially now the local papers have picked up on this. 

You make some good points but from the replies people have posted on here , plus the reply I have received, the club obviously did it this way to try and make it unpalatable to have a card and move to a mobile ticket. I have come to the point I will still have a card just annoy them. Sad times. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

True, but they don't want physical cards any more. The money isn't the issue really, they simply want more and more control and the fee is a way to push more people in the direction they want.

For me personally, and the many people I've spoken to off here about it. When they are honest, it's not the money they are really bothered about. It's the fact they are losing the ability to pass tickets around to people.

I know a few people who are raging and they go to few games, they tout their ticket most weeks and are the most vocal I know. (well aware that's not the case the all). 

This ^

It's not the £25 but I do have interests away from Leicester City and  just occasionally I plan to do other stuff in other cities on night's/afternoons when the city is playing.

Like the £25 i'm not really that bothered about reselling my ticket through the club to get my £20-£25 back. I wouldn't tout the ticket but  i would pass it onto my mate I go with so he can bring his daughter/son-in-law/mate.

Yes I know it's all in the T's and C's but we've all done it. If you were able to do that with a digital ticket I wouldn't have an issue.

I won't be paying the £25 but I won't be reselling the ticket either, just going to be an empty seat occasionally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidmark said:

Going to be honest, there were so many different ways the club could have done this to have made it a little bit more bearable. Yeah none of us want to pay £25 but if the club wanted to impose such a rule, they could have made it more pleasing on the eye rather than pure profiteering. 

Possible options I've come up with, and I don't get paid thousands of pounds a year to make such decisions: 

1) The club could have made the £25 fee something that is donated 100% to charities, such as the Leicestershire Hospitals charities that the club have worked with in the past. This would have made it more acceptable to pay and more fans would have been on side.  

2) Not have lied regarding the eco-friendly reasons for axing cards for everyone. Be honest about it. Be honest about the fact there are a select few who give tickets to those with banning orders who circumvent their bans. This is literally a handful of supporters and the rest are being punished. This has been one of the most frustrating parts of the whole process. Even a senior employee of the club admitted it's a control issue, as I saw through straight away. The club hierarchy take the supporters as idiots on a regular basis. It's almost like the hierarchy consider us to be oblivious to problems as long as they give out a free can of Chang 2 hours before the game kicks off. It's not long ago that Leicester were seen as the beacon of Football ownership, now a lot of us think it's time for King Power to move on and get people in who are more in touch. 

3) Eco-friendly cards. Organisations such as English Heritage and National Trust with their membership cards use a paper based card. These use a QR code printed on the ticket. Using this would have been the way to go initially if they wanted to go down this route. 

4) Come up with some form of incentive system for people to pay the fee. Vouchers sent through the post along with the card for a drink at the first game of the season.

5) Consult Supporters Groups first months ago, and then come together on some form of compromise on the issue. The fact this just came out of the woodwork is laughable, and £25 has been suggested as the fee as it puts it at not tolerable. 

6) Introduce the £25 fee onto Season Ticket prices BEFORE the rise in cost. The cost of a season card for the club cannot be more than £5 to produce. They could have concealed the £25 fee inside of the Season ticket price and we would not have moaned. You could then had an option for people who wanted to get their mobile season ticket and get a ST for £25 less than those who wanted the card. Rather than a separate fee incorporate it. 

All in all, it's just very disappointing isn't it. From a business perspective it is pure PR disaster and nightmare, especially now the local papers have picked up on this. 

“The club hierarchy take the supporters as idiots”

Would be interested to know where you sit in the ground to suggest this isn’t the case as looking to move seats next season…

Edited by Holly B
Missed quotes

22 hours ago, ilikelcfc said:

I don't think many people have picked up how valuable digital tickets are for marketing purposes - a reason for this push to digital is because it generates more value for the club - take a look at this page for an example 

https://fortressgb.com/the-platform/

FortressGB is shown on the ticket, when I've had to use it so I suspect it is the platform used.

So £25 to 'opt out' of this marketing ????

Don't believe the reasons the club are stating.

there is a load of value in selling on your data once you are on this data base, they should be giving money back .Sainsburys nectar card set up generates a lot of cash as per their recent accounts.Brilliant wish Id thought of it 10 years ago

On 22/04/2024 at 13:07, Union FS said:

8BC365B2-F25C-468A-877C-37516D7271C4.thumb.jpeg.c97620e6d9308fa7c8ab5ecc71e97c06.jpeg

I've not read all of the pages, so maybe this has already been suggested, but...

As this affects over 20,000 season ticket holders, could UFS not organise a poster protest, get everyone to bring along a sheet of white paper with 'NO' printed/marked/daubed on it, and hold it up in the 25th minute against Blackburn.

Minimal cost and effort for everyone, not inconvenient to bring to the game, easy to sneak in (in case the club wanted to prevent any form of protest), and it would get the message across.

Even those happy with mobile ticketing or those ok with the £25 surcharge still recognise that this, as well as being a blatant rip-off, is all about the club denying us the choice, and primarily aimed at stopping people passing on tickets to friends and family when they can't go, something that has always happened, and is seemingly accepted and accommodated by most other clubs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dynamark said:

there is a load of value in selling on your data once you are on this data base, they should be giving money back .Sainsburys nectar card set up generates a lot of cash as per their recent accounts.Brilliant wish Id thought of it 10 years ago

I believe Costco make very little on the goods they sell they make most of their profits from their member's data.

Surely if LCFC plan to cash in on our data they have to have our permission so I presume there are Terms & Cond you have to agree with, so what if you refuse to let them sell your details?

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I believe Costco make very little on the goods they sell they make most of their profits from their member's data.

Surely if LCFC plan to cash in on our data they have to have our permission so I presume there are Terms & Cond you have to agree with, so what if you refuse to let them sell your details?

It depends on the small print in the T&C but firms have to be very very careful in regards to GDRP laws and they can be fined a lot of money, often in proportion to a company's turnover, for breaching them.

On 26/04/2024 at 13:08, Fox forever said:

You make some good points but from the replies people have posted on here , plus the reply I have received, the club obviously did it this way to try and make it unpalatable to have a card and move to a mobile ticket. I have come to the point I will still have a card just annoy them. Sad times. 

Yeah this is my two fingers back at them too, but it is sadly no real win.

Hope loads do the same and they don’t get their digital blanket rule yet.

Still not good enough and an incredibly transparent, jargon filled, overly engineered and corporate statement from the club, again.

However, on a positive note, genuinely great to see these 3 supporter groups coming together, communicating with the club and holding them to account. Although there's only been some small concessions, these small wins are important and retains belief in the power we have as supporters. 

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The club really do not like the fan-groups working together.

well it feels like they are losing control of them which is a good thing for the fans. As when a club controls the fan groups they will start to want even more power. It's great to see them uniting on things that matter the most. 

Out of interest who from the club sits at these meetings?  

• Like 1