Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

The clubs cut and paste reply that it sends to those who email needs an intelligent critique and response. The part (below) about touts and anti-social behaviour especially. Their ‘evidence’ needs scrutiny. I’m sure away games and the trouble at Nottingham Forest in particular have been lumped in by the club to justify the changes to STH, which is a conflation of two issues. I’d like them to clarify on this,

REDUCING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR

The Club has been alarmed in recent seasons by the rise in anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches, with our sanctions committee (which manages supporter behaviour that breaches our stadium regulations and ticketing terms and conditions) regularly observing that those responsible have obtained tickets through illegitimate means.

Of further concern to the Club were figures released by the Home Office in 2023, which ranked Leicester City third in English football for the number of active court-issued Football Banning Orders (56) among its supporters, with over a third of those (20) issued in the 2022/23 season alone. In most cases, upon our internal investigations, those charged had not obtained tickets via any Club channels.

Adoption of Mobile Ticketing and improving our capability to identify all attendees at Leicester City matches is part of our action plan to reduce anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches and to ensure that, when it arises, those responsible can be held accountable.

Edited by An Away Move

surely if the main supports groups (especially the Foxes Trust as arent they the 'registered' one with the FA?!) dont agree with it and weren't consulted then it shouldn't matter what the club receives from the fans? Aren't they meant to represent the fans? 

It's their word against the fans though isn't it the cynic in me feels that number is very low... 

The copy and paste email is laughable. The club hiding behind word soup. If there aren’t that many complaints as the club seem to be claiming, why not just reply individually?

This bit about touts and anti-social fans - cheats will always cheat, find a way around things, do it all for self gain and then claim innocence!! Pretty much like our own club with the financial mess! You eventually get found out but even when you change the system it’ll get cheated by the minority again.

This has without doubt been done to profit from loyalty, if it wasn’t then there wouldn’t be a charge! There would’ve been transparent dialogue between the club and the fans, a period of 12 months or so to phase out the cards to help fans adjust and not to be forced into things they didn’t want and none of this chaos.

This on top of a tone deaf 5% increase.

It’s mind blowing, disrespectful to the fans and really quite unfair on the foot soldiers at the club on the front line.

Edited by RYM
  • Like 1

Jim sent me this after I replied to the copy and paste response that the club sent out.

The email answers the questions we put to senior management from supporters. I appreciate it may not be what you want to hear though.

Kind Regards

Jim

LCFC Help – Supporter Relations

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leicester City Football Club

King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, Leicester, LE2 7FL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

surely if the main supports groups (especially the Foxes Trust as arent they the 'registered' one with the FA?!) dont agree with it and weren't consulted then it shouldn't matter what the club receives from the fans? Aren't they meant to represent the fans? 

It's their word against the fans though isn't it the cynic in me feels that number is very low... 

Yeah the Foxes Trust are affiliated to the FSA - which is why there’s been such an increase of new members recently as it’s the best opportunity to get thoughts in front of those that matter, by legitimate means.

The Foxes Trust are there to represent the views of its members. Union FS are advocates for supporters’ rights across the board.

This whole thing absolutely stinks. Every single argument the club have put forward for this stupid charge and move to digital tickets is flawed. Yet they’re burying their heads in the sand and hoping it’s all going to blow over because of a 5-0 win. We really can’t let it happen.

I’m sick of being treated like an inconvenience and a potential problem rather than what I actually am, passionate about the team and eager for fans to be respected. 

I’d urge everybody to send an email voicing your concerns.

• Like 3

I was at the game on Tuesday as I always am and perhaps because of the goal I didn't notice the chanting in protest. Which is a shame because I would have joined in. But I think this should be carried on In both the last two games hopefully with even more of the fans involved and not at the same time as a goal so it can be properly heared

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Would it be a good idea for @Union FS or @Foxes_Trust to write a standard letter/ email and post it on here/ social media for people to just copy and paste and change their name on to send to the club? 

Might get more people to send the emails showing dissatisfaction?

Purely from a ufs point of view we are up to our heads in it with tifo stuff right now. Particularly after the club likely on the back of the groups statement and banner changed some big goal posts last night for us.

Without sounding a cock im sure nearly everyone on here can write an email to the club.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Purely from a ufs point of view we are up to our heads in it with tifo stuff right now. Particularly after the club likely on the back of the groups statement and banner changed some big goal posts last night for us.

Without sounding a cock im sure nearly everyone on here can write an email to the club.

No of course and I completely understand that and I have written an email, I was more thinking a standard email to the club might reach a wider audience outside of the forum get more people to show there dissatisfaction to the club.

I would draft a standard one myself just don't think I would have the reach to get it out there but completely understand its alot of work.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not surprised they've done this. The way they act with this is as if the Tifo's are for UFS's pleasure rather than the teams. What did they change if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your thoughts and under your frustration.

The truth of all of this is that club want to go fully digital, and we would prefer that supporters don’t pay the £25.

The club are so far behind other clubs where digital products are concerned and with the technology we have in place, the club want to move forward, be more productive and make things easier for supporters.

We appreciate the sentiment that some supporters thing the technology doesn’t work, in truth everyone is using the same technology every match day whether it is on a phone or a card.

The club met with representatives of the supporter groups last night and further internal discussion are taking place.

I wont say things will change, however, the club have taken supporters feedback on board.

Kind Regards

Jim

** lets hope they change their minds**

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Not surprised they've done this. The way they act with this is as if the Tifo's are for UFS's pleasure rather than the teams. What did they change if you don't mind me asking?

Drop me a message. Not worth them getting even more pissy over seeing it on here.

What's the threshold then for them to take action? 250 emails? 500? It's pie in the sky stuff if 150 isn't enough, but then they don't give any indication what will be? 

Also email [email protected]

I copied in the help@ one and Jim replied. 

47 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

The email answers the questions we put to senior management from supporters. I appreciate it may not be what you want to hear though.

Kind Regards

Jim

This is a load of shit too. Sorry, Jim, if you're reading this but it's not directed at you. 

It pretty much says 'we'll answer different questions, not yours, and therefore not actually listen to what you're saying, thanks!'

It's why the customer service is absolutely shockingly shite. That pretty much admits it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'm at the point where I support the team on the day and despise the club on a daily basis. 

Every single suit on that board can **** off. Non of them have respect for the fans of the club, they are all just leaches in the worst possible way. 

Never mind the fact that they have failed miserably in their jobs. 

As recent as eighteen months ago we had the playing infrastructure that was capable of competing for the Champions League positions. Look at where we're at now.

I'm supposed to listen to them when they say they want the best for this club? The best for this club is not having them in charge so perhaps they need to do the honourable thing.

I think one of the important factors will be how long we can keep up the resistance.

If history has taught us anything City fans are fickle. Are we going to be as annoyed when it comes to Premier League football. Can the supporters group continue this ire.