Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

43 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think one of the important factors will be how long we can keep up the resistance.

If history has taught us anything City fans are fickle. Are we going to be as annoyed when it comes to Premier League football. Can the supporters group continue this ire.

It’s good timing from the clubs perspective.

After a big win. Just before promotion. An apathetic fan base. “It’s only 5%”. “You don’t have to have the card”. It’s the same type that thought Boris was “trying his best”.

For many, promotion glosses over the masterclass in mismanagement and incompetence with the finances and recruitment.

I have pure faith in @Union FS maintaining their stance on always putting fans first, @Foxes_Trust also, unsure what the other couple of fan groups do apart from attend the opening of an envelope if it means a photo with a player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

The club are so far behind other clubs where digital products are concerned and with the technology we have in place, the club want to move forward, be more productive and make things easier for supporters.

This riles me and makes me want to get into a battle with them.

The reason the club are so far behind other clubs where digital products are concerned is because their investment in, chosen partners and delivery of digital products has been abysmal!

The latency on the ticket access is absolutely crap, the IT infastructure at the club must be pretty poor. There is no good reason we should have to queue when more than 30 people turn up at once for one turnstyle. 

• Like 1

Email sent, hopefully the more traffic they see come through and the more disgruntlement we show in the stands for the remaining 2 games people at a senior level sit up and take notice.

As shown when the European Super League was shouted down, fans as a collective have power, if we just lay down and have our belly tickled and chucked a free pint every now and then to compensate for it then who knows where the next steps are for the club agenda to strip us of other parts of our identity as a club. 

Have to say, UFS have really pulled through representing the fans this season and hopefully you guys don't become even more inconvenienced by the club because of your aggressive stance on this. We need the section expanded, we need safe standing for large parts of the Kop, we need more general sale tickets in that area at a reasonable price to help us build an atmosphere that teams coming to Leicester actually find intimidating, it's shown in the last 3 home games what a good atmosphere in the stands can lead to on the pitch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

You are right Daggers with the they just don’t care.

To those of you who have not come to it yet, these lot really do not care about us. Stop with the hero worshiping. 

I think you could apply that to most businesses - by design they are there to exhort cash out the consumer, none of them actually sit back and think I really care.

What a clever business will do is cover that up with frilly marketing, so outwards they look like they care and everyone feels much happier about it. The club isn't even doing that, a bit like treading in dog shit and then going into your grandmas house and  rubbing it all over the carpets.

They might take notice if we end up in a Stoke situation where there is a half empty stadium, just can't see that happening here so the circle continues.  

5 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

I've had a reply. Basically telling me they want everyone to go digital and the charge is to deter people from using the cards. 

Brutally honest but at least they were honest. 

I had the same. At least it wasn't the template response that others got. 

• Like 1

Is there a break down of how many season ticket holders we’ve got? And their ages etc?

If the club have already received 150 emails about the same issue on the face of it that’s less than one percent of season tickets holders. 
But if we can break those numbers down further, for example a family of 4 that all go, one person you’d imagine would email on behalf of all of them. 
We also have a lot of supporters outside the age brackets to incur a fee - so anyone over 65 isn’t going to have a problem with it.

I’m interested to know how many supporters would be affected by this in total how many do we have between 13 and 64? How many of those are part of one family.

If you look at raw figures, it might seem insignificant, but look closer and that could be a bigger portion of the fan base than it initially looks.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

In many other scenarios 150 complaints in a 48 hr period is a reportable incident 

reportable maybe, but when you have 23k season ticket holders it amounts to 0.6% of those who would be effected.  

• Like 1

What Jim admitted with that email is that the charge as we all thought was brought forward for control and for literally no reason as outlined in the initial post about eco-friendly reasons.

He's just dropped the club right in it there with that email showing it is only brought in as the club 'wish' to go digital. What about the wishes of the fans? What about the accessibility of the fans?

I'll be honest, for someone who does not want to disclose their disability (ASD - high functioning as it was called when I was diagnosed)  with the club and neither do I see much need to, e-ticketing last year made me anxious before I had my Season Ticket. I went to every home game last season and was forced to have an e-ticket. I spent a few slightly anxious minutes before walking through the turnstiles each game thinking 'what happens if this e-ticket doesn't work, will the huge queues behind me get pissed off, and it'll probably make me feel terrible if it doesn't work.' I got my ST back this season after 8 seasons away due to University and other work reasons, and having the card has meant the worry hasn't been there all season. 

@davieG It's ironic they wanted to speak to you about this mate, wonder if they realise your status on here as an Admin. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skidmark said:

@davieG It's ironic they wanted to speak to you about this mate, wonder if they realise your status on here as an Admin. 

I doubt it as I used my real name although now I've posted my emails they'll know. Having said that I doubt me being an admin would affect anything. 

It was probably because my email was as he put it  "polite" and I've always had a good and helpful response from Jim even going beyond the norm because of my hearing.

• Like 1

I've always felt slightly sorry for Jim, he faces the constant brunt end of fans from decisions made by those significantly higher up. 

Has to front up and be the face of the decisions whilst those making them hide away and say "it's for the best of the club" and so on. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

Would send an email to the club however I don't want them to know who I am as it wouldn't take long to realise I'm not a member and family lend me their tickets when they can't make it. Prob ban my brother and nephew for passing the ticket on to a non member ...shock horror....the sort of "fan" they don't want.

1 minute ago, foxy tiler said:

Would send an email to the club however I don't want them to know who I am as it wouldn't take long to realise I'm not a member and family lend me their tickets when they can't make it. Prob ban my brother and nephew for passing the ticket on to a non member ...shock horror....the sort of "fan" they don't want.

Get your brother to email in ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Are you saying the £25 is too cheap? :ph34r:

I am asking them to substantiate the £25 cost partly. 

If this wasn't about 'profiteering' and about security, they'd have mobile tickets 100% with proven exceptions/ 

In fairness to Jim, he is prepared to speak to anyone, if you have made well thought out constructive criticism.  He offered to speak to me a few days ago when i emailed in.

I did speak to him about mobile ticketing some time back, after he phoned me.   I put forward all the reasons why i thought forcing people down that route was bad.  Not just my own reasons, but for other people i know who may have issues with it.

He was engaging, and didn't resort to too much patronising corporate speak.  We spoke for 45 minutes, and i thanked him for taking the trouble to speak to me.

But i got the impression that nothing i said was going to make the slightest bit of difference.   And over the call, i was getting angrier and angrier, and i had to use every ounce of discipline to stay composed and polite.

The bit where he said to me "you have to remember, this is our Club and we can do what we like" (or pretty much those words) ... i nearly lost it.

After i put the phone down, my wife of 30+ years said she had never heard me so angry, and was amazed i'd managed to keep it civil.

I love this club, our club ... but i despise the people who are currently running it.

• Like 3