Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Vardy in the Prem next year ?

40 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

He's still got the movement and he'll have more chance to run in behind next season. 100% yes. The man's a freak of nature, our best ever player and loyal to a fault when he could've gone to the Big 6 after the PL title win or Saudi last year.

I think he's genuinely magic. Got to stay.

• Like 1

His goal total this season is phenomenal. Versus soton his chasing down was non stop and seemed to increase as the game went on. He's learned how to adapt his game so he's  not a one man press. His movement now doesn't rely on pure pace. His clever movement now, like from Fatawus pass relies on pure instinct.

One more year please 

• Like 1

His last season in the PL was very unlike Jamie Vardy of old. He looked like he was past it at that level. 

Not just in terms of characteristics but also his fighting quality that we’ve seen so much of over the years. 

The thing is, Rodgers broke so many players. I keep remembering the Everton game where the debate as to who took the penalty was between Tielemans and Maddison. Years gone by and even this season, neither of those prats are in the equation, Vards takes the ball and aims to smash it in. That tells me (albeit an assumption) that his confidence in what made Jamie Vardy, well, Jamie Vardy was shot. 

You can just see as this season has gone on, that confidence, arrogance or whatever you want to call it, is back. He definitely has the legs, we’ve seen that. The PL is a different beast, I accept that but, we are not going to get a finisher as good as him on our budget. 

A fit, confident Vardy. Even off the bench. In and around the dressing room. Could be vital. 

One more year for me. At least.

• Like 1

Two year extension and then sell him to the Saudis for £100m after a year. Sorts those pesky PL rules, saves the club, and pays Beccas legals all in one go. Bit left over for a statue taunting away fans for ever.

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Like 1

I'd hate him to damage his reputation here. If he stays for another season it has to be on a much reduced Contract,  We can't repeat the mistakes of the past not even for him.

We will need a new Striker anyway. I'd be happy to sell Daka and Ignachio and go with A new Striker, Vardy, And Cannon. To provide the cover.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd hate him to damage his reputation here. If he stays for another season it has to be on a much reduced Contract,  We can't repeat the mistakes of the past not even for him.

We will need a new Striker anyway. I'd be happy to sell Daka and Ignachio and go with A new Striker, Vardy, And Cannon. To provide the cover.

We aint selling Nacho buddy. He's been winding down that contract putting as little effort in possible, as i predicted. Fair play to him - not many of us get a payday for doing very little.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We aint selling Nacho buddy. He's been winding down that contract putting as little effort in possible, as i predicted. Fair play to him - not many of us get a payday for doing very little.

He's certainly done as you say and coasted through the season.

Is his contact up this Summer, I thought he had another year to go.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He's certainly done as you say and coasted through the season.

Is his contact up this Summer, I thought he had another year to go.

Nope done and dusted. Should have offloaded in the summer but presume there was hope he might suit the new structure. Totally blanked us outside the ground a few times outside the ground when other players meeting / greeting fans. For someone loved by so many fans he came across as a complete .......

• Like 1