Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Vardy in the Prem next year ?

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Definitely. Needs to be in the squad for me.

A new first choice striker is an absolute priority though. Iheanacho leaving and Daka being Daka. 

It’s a must we sign someone . 

If we can’t spend money we won’t get anyone near the level of Vardy, maybe even Daka 

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We'll definitely need a new starting striker next season, that is for sure and probably a back up as well.

Vardy can rotate with the backup, give him 20 minutes here and there if he is up for it.

I'd get rid of Daka and Nacho is leaving, loan Cannon out for a season to QPR as thanks.

Edited by TheStig

He has a lot to offer - on and off the pitch. Pass his knowledge to new attackers. If Cannon is still here next season coach and drill him and use him off pitch to motivate and cajole the team. I think he is vital to the club in many ways.

5 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

37 yo Vardy still the most effecient forward in the Championship, I think that settles it.

1vards.jpg

He's top of the Championship for combined goals and assists per 90 minutes of all players to have played >1000 minutes. 

1. Vardy, 1.0

2. Daka, 0.99

3. Sargent, 0.91

4. Armstrong, 0.81

5. Adams, 0.78

Cannon (414 minutes) and Iheanacho (907 minutes) obviously don't quite qualify but they contributed 0.65 and 0.59 goal contributions per 90 each respectively. 

KDH also has 0.65, Fatawu 0.6 and Mavididi a slightly disappointing 0.46. 

Absolutely terrific numbers really from our forwards overall. 

He's still got the movement and he'll have more chance to run in behind next season. 100% yes. The man's a freak of nature, our best ever player and loyal to a fault when he could've gone to the Big 6 after the PL title win or Saudi last year.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

It be insane not to offer him a deal now we know we’re prem again, just from this year, he stats prove beyond doubt he can still do it. But we are where we are financially and maybe the club can’t offer what Vardy wants. I think Vardy leaves on a high. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's top of the Championship for combined goals and assists per 90 minutes of all players to have played >1000 minutes. 

1. Vardy, 1.0

2. Daka, 0.99

3. Sargent, 0.91

4. Armstrong, 0.81

5. Adams, 0.78

Cannon (414 minutes) and Iheanacho (907 minutes) obviously don't quite qualify but they contributed 0.65 and 0.59 goal contributions per 90 each respectively. 

KDH also has 0.65, Fatawu 0.6 and Mavididi a slightly disappointing 0.46. 

Absolutely terrific numbers really from our forwards overall. 

Yet Mavididi is still in double figures for G+A, isn’t he? You can’t ask for much more than that. Think he’s played about as much as anyone. 

• Like 1

Absolute no-brainer, one more year. His experience around the place, his knowledge of the club, 15-20 minutes off the bench and playing cup games. There's space for his wage but if he'll accept reduced terms they'll still be better than he'd get everywhere outside the Middle East and the US.

Leave it up to him to be honest.He does't owe us any thing.....A few quid in the MSL/Sauidi leagues....or to Shef Weds to be with his boy hood team....i hope he decides to stay here.But whateverhe does is fine by me!

• Like 1

Deserves a season to see out his career as a Prem player (if he wants it). Still think he can be used as a big game player or super sub when needed. Obviously won't be able to play 90 mins every week but as long as we've got a clear plan of our strike options, he can definitely be an ace and add to that illustrious tally

Edited by HybridFox

I didn't think it possible but this season he's further cemented himself as the greatest ever, he's gone one and I think been a key player in getting us back, his attitude when playing for the badge and connection with us fans must be inspirational to the others, I think he could still do a job for us next season, I'd hope the club wouldn't get too sentimental in terms of a contract though

Its a  difficult decision for both him, and the club, has to move on at some stage, it feels right to do it at the end of the season, my biggest fear is 1 more season, especially in the Prem, could be a bit much for him, he and the club will make the right decision I'm sure

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yet Mavididi is still in double figures for G+A, isn’t he? You can’t ask for much more than that. Think he’s played about as much as anyone. 

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Mavididi, I think he's been great. But he definitely went off the boil a little bit during the season and I am surprised his return rate isn't better. 

That said, he works his socks off, his defensive contributions are under rated and he's created a lot of space for others (especially KDH) because he's always occupying multiple defenders. 

He's been a steal frankly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1