Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Posthorn54

Programmes

Yep I was in same boat. Saw some people waddling up the concourse stairs with an armful of them, for a moment I thought they could be sellers but alas no.

Maybe a lot of people without tickets arrived early and bought them, maybe the friends and family entourage had a box full each (we’re blaming them for everything else) but I didn’t see many people in the stands with an individual copy? Maybe stewards confiscated them for being larger than a medium sandwich?

Hope this has a positive resolution and explanation, perhaps they couldn’t get a large enough print run at short notice and the take up was a lot higher than normal but it sucks if you’ve bought them all season and have to look at them on eBay for £20+.

A lot of the eBay ones come with a team sheet which narrows it down to hospitality or journalist copies I presume. 

• Like 1

It's cos no-one normally buys a programme!

But yesterday it was worth buying, and as I mentioned in another thread, they told me in the shop post match that they might do a reprint, and to watch the club website for news.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Posthorn54 said:

Does anybody know why at 11.20 yesterday they had sold out of programmes.I have never known this before.Now people are profiteering on e bay having bought them in bulk.I have e mailed the club asking why they have sold them in bulk to people.Awaiting a reply hopefully Monday.

A lot of people I spoke to at the match could not get one.I have asked the club if they can do a reprint and sell in the shop.Not holding my breath.

Got one at 11:30 so can’t be true 

31 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

It's cos no-one normally buys a programme!

But yesterday it was worth buying, and as I mentioned in another thread, they told me in the shop post match that they might do a reprint, and to watch the club website for news.

It was the same at the Premier League winning season V Everton.

i think they reprinted them - seem to remember buying a copy a couple of weeks later. Hopefully they do the same again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

i think they reprinted them - seem to remember buying a copy a couple of weeks later. Hopefully they do the same again.

Saw peeps  walking away from the ground way back then with arms loaded with em,  never saw any yesterday though, just lots of flag, scarf sellers.

2 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Asked about yesterday programme at jubilee square today, be some online l was told

Thanks for that, my lad was really disappointed. He has one every match, but no joy yesterday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve555 said:

Thanks for that, my lad was really disappointed. He has one every match, but no joy yesterday.

Same here with me. Hopefully more become available. 

10 hours ago, Posthorn54 said:

Does anybody know why at 11.20 yesterday they had sold out of programmes.I have never known this before.Now people are profiteering on e bay having bought them in bulk.I have e mailed the club asking why they have sold them in bulk to people.Awaiting a reply hopefully Monday.

A lot of people I spoke to at the match could not get one.I have asked the club if they can do a reprint and sell in the shop.Not holding my breath.

It happens most of the time when they do a souvenir one it happend last time we wo the championship and when we won the prem.

They usually sell some to local newsagents and keep some to sell jn the club shop so you can probably pick one up from one of them over the next couple of days if you still want one

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a couple of spares. Usually hand them to kids when walking back to my car but the roads were pretty deserted when I left the stadium. Free to anyone if really desperate and prepared to wait as I won't be up Leicester way again until next season.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 2

The club should really have done a limit on purchases, but people find a way round these things, like buying from various stalls etc. It's just selfishness from the people buying them all up. My sister drove down from Huddersfield the morning of the game, there's no chance she arrives at the stadium in time to buy one when they are all sold out so early. So my nephew, who loves getting the programme missed out. All from greedy people trying to profit off them. Don't buy them of Ebay at inflated prices, you just encourage these people. Let them be stuck with 20 programmes and massively out of pocket.

I did have to laugh though at a Facebook post yesterday where someone was complaining about the lack of programmes and the first reply was someone offering to sell him some copies and the original poster was really thankful. He's part of the reason he couldn't buy one in the first place ffs lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Yeh I didn’t get one on matchday v Everton. Bought one a few weeks later. Although I’m not sure why, not opened that or the season review dvd since. I guess these things are for decades down the line. 
Will keep an eye out and buy one if they reprint Saturdays issue 

• Like 1

I have received an e Mail from Jim and he said they are aware and IF they do a reprint it will be sold on line.

Not happy with an IF.

I have  sent the e Mail to Susan Whelan to see if she can sort.

• Like 1

Yes they have put the programmes back on sale online only.BUT the delivery is outrageous £4.95

I have asked the question why can’t we come in the shop.Even the club are profiteering on them now.

Just received this e mail

Thank you for your email.

Physical copies will be available in the Fanstore once the delivery arrives with us, however we are still awaiting a specific ETA from the supplier before we are able to confirm this.

We hope that this delivery will be no later than the beginning of next week, possibly even sooner. Stock will then be split between both Online and In-store.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1