Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

That's a couple of failures now for Williams. I wonder if he might fancy a stint in the background again with his mate, might see him at the KP sooner rather than later. 

Posted
5 hours ago, AjcW said:

That's a couple of failures now for Williams. I wonder if he might fancy a stint in the background again with his mate, might see him at the KP sooner rather than later. 

There's always the airport :ph34r:

  • Haha 3
Posted
29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ings scores for Wycombe

Any over 35 player we sign is muck, any we are linked with and miss…. End up being good for another club lol every time! 

  • Haha 3
Posted

Plymouth lost at home to Burton today (yes I know we did as well) and are comfortably the worst team we've played this season yet are 4th in the league. This league is absolutely garbage and anything less than automatic promotion, then we deserve to be liquidated 

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Plymouth lost at home to Burton today (yes I know we did as well) and are comfortably the worst team we've played this season yet are 4th in the league. This league is absolutely garbage and anything less than automatic promotion, then we deserve to be liquidated 

The championship last year was absolute dog muck but we somehow conspired to find a way to be relegated!

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Plymouth lost at home to Burton today (yes I know we did as well) and are comfortably the worst team we've played this season yet are 4th in the league. This league is absolutely garbage and anything less than automatic promotion, then we deserve to be liquidated 

Plymouth were all over us, yet even with McCarthy passing them the ball in the 6 yard box they couldnt score. Then some goal keeping heroics kept them out. 

 

If they converted one of those chances we would have crumbled and subsequently lost that game.

  • Like 1
Posted
27 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The championship last year was absolute dog muck but we somehow conspired to find a way to be relegated!

When people refer to the Championship or League 1 being dog much, they conveniently forget that we were relegated from the former and on course to struggle in L1 now. What does it make us?

  • Thanks 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The championship last year was absolute dog muck but we somehow conspired to find a way to be relegated!

Agreed. Even when we went down from the prem the season before that, we were shite but there were some terrible teams that stayed up that year. Can't help but feel that if our players had actually got themselves fit and given 100%,  we wouldnt be where we are.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Plymouth were all over us, yet even with McCarthy passing them the ball in the 6 yard box they couldnt score. Then some goal keeping heroics kept them out. 

 

If they converted one of those chances we would have crumbled and subsequently lost that game.

Possibly but I'd still say they were the least impressive side we've faced so far this season, other than possibly MK Dons

Posted
1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

When people refer to the Championship or League 1 being dog much, they conveniently forget that we were relegated from the former and on course to struggle in L1 now. What does it make us?

I think that's the point we are making. With the players we had last season and the players we have now in league 1, we shouldn't be struggling. No team is ever too good to go down but the majority of our relegations have been avoidable, even going back to the Rodgers relegation. Lack of standards across the club have ultimately caused it, rather than us not having players good enough to survive. Some of our players are and have been shite, but still should have been good enough to avoid relegation last season and should be more than good enough to get promoted this season. 

  • Like 1
Posted
24 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I think that's the point we are making. With the players we had last season and the players we have now in league 1, we shouldn't be struggling. No team is ever too good to go down but the majority of our relegations have been avoidable, even going back to the Rodgers relegation. Lack of standards across the club have ultimately caused it, rather than us not having players good enough to survive. Some of our players are and have been shite, but still should have been good enough to avoid relegation last season and should be more than good enough to get promoted this season. 

Exactly, the arrogance from our fan base that we must do well because we have the highest wage bill etc.

 

It’s the best example out there that culture, mentality and standards etc mean much more. Until we accept that we will continue to struggle.

Posted
7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Exactly, the arrogance from our fan base that we must do well because we have the highest wage bill etc.

 

It’s the best example out there that culture, mentality and standards etc mean much more. Until we accept that we will continue to struggle.

Im not sure its necessarily arrogance, as a fanbase we should be demanding better and expecting better. We certainly shouldn't be happy languishing mid table in league 1. But I also get that we cant expect to just walk the league because we are the biggest club in the league. Im hoping some of the culture issues have improved now certain players have left but our main battle now is Martins tactics and his unwillingness to change things. 

Posted
3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Im not sure its necessarily arrogance, as a fanbase we should be demanding better and expecting better. We certainly shouldn't be happy languishing mid table in league 1. But I also get that we cant expect to just walk the league because we are the biggest club in the league. Im hoping some of the culture issues have improved now certain players have left but our main battle now is Martins tactics and his unwillingness to change things. 

Yes, we should expect the club to be run better so that we aren’t languishing in midtable in League 1, exactly. But what we see with much of our fanbase is we will just start eventually brushing aside these sides and we don’t need to worry about all these dropped points.

 

Difference between ambition and standards and as you say, just expecting to walk it because we are Leicester City and yes, historically much bigger than League 1. The former is fair, the latter is uneducated arrogance.

  • Like 2
Posted
6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

When people refer to the Championship or League 1 being dog much, they conveniently forget that we were relegated from the former and on course to struggle in L1 now. What does it make us?

Double dog muck

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Just totally don’t give a fvck. How depressing that? And it’s not a League One thing. Like obviously being in League One isn’t ideal but in its own little way I thoroughly enjoyed our last season at this level. I at least felt invested in the team. I’m just done in. Years of mismanagement at every level has just turned me right off all of it. I’m not saying it’s the right way to be but I just totally don’t give a fvck at the minute. How sad. 

I completely get it. I actually look forward to international breaks now, rather than being frustrated by them. I mean, how sad is that? 😅

  • Like 1
Posted
19 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Just totally don’t give a fvck. How depressing that? And it’s not a League One thing. Like obviously being in League One isn’t ideal but in its own little way I thoroughly enjoyed our last season at this level. I at least felt invested in the team. I’m just done in. Years of mismanagement at every level has just turned me right off all of it. I’m not saying it’s the right way to be but I just totally don’t give a fvck at the minute. How sad. 

Its a little bit football in general with all the corrupt psr nonsense going on. I actually don't mind shit players who try hard, what I hate is players who don't give a shit, and people obsessed over philosophy's instead of results. I honest couldn't care less who has the most possession or even the most xg (or some other statty bullshit), I want the team to put the ball into the oppositions goal and stop it going into ours, its not bloody hard!! 

 

16 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I completely get it. I actually look forward to international breaks now, rather than being frustrated by them. I mean, how sad is that? 😅

I hate International breaks too as England have been frustrating as **** for ages! 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, kingpowerout said:

Robbie Savage off to Peterborough...bet you can't guess who his first game is against...

Hardly set Forest Green Rovers in fire.

Posted (edited)

I won't be surprised if Savage is glad to get away Forest Green and weird way the club operates. He may do well at Peterborough United. Ironic who is first game is against. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...