Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Maybury to sunderland

Depends how much they're prepared to pay, 1/2 to 1 mill could see some of it in Kelly's pocket. I would'nt class him as an essential player either as Kenton can do everything he can.

My thoughts exactly!

He seems to stroll around the park just doing enough as opposed to Williams who just strolls around the park not doing enough.

I'd like to see someone a bit quicker who can also get some decent balls into the danger area.

I did find this quote of his funny though:

"We are all disappointed and our form is a concern but we are determined to fix it," the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international told the club's official website. "But it's only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking."

"We didn't give the fans too much to cheer about last season until towards the end and now we've lost the first two they probably think 'here we go again.' "We are all disappointed and our form is a concern but we are determined to fix it," the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international told the club's official website. "But it's only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking."

"We didn't give the fans too much to cheer about last season until towards the end and now we've lost the first two they probably think 'here we go again.' But if we win the next 44 matches then no-one will care about the opening two games.

"Therefore the quicker we fix things the better and a win over Ipswich would do us all the world of good."

"Therefore the quicker we fix things the better and a win over Ipswich would do us all the world of good."

My thoughts exactly!

He seems to stroll around the park just doing enough as opposed to Williams who just strolls around the park not doing enough.

I'd like to see someone a bit quicker who can also get some decent balls into the danger area.

I did find this quote of his funny though:

"We are all disappointed and our form is a concern but we are determined to fix it," the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international told the club's official website. "But it's only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking."

"We didn't give the fans too much to cheer about last season until towards the end and now we've lost the first two they probably think 'here we go again.' "We are all disappointed and our form is a concern but we are determined to fix it," the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international told the club's official website. "But it's only the first week of the season and is certainly not a time to start panicking."

"We didn't give the fans too much to cheer about last season until towards the end and now we've lost the first two they probably think 'here we go again.' But if we win the next 44 matches then no-one will care about the opening two games.

Its going to happen. Definately

But if we win the next 44 matches then no-one will care about the opening two games.

Didnt Ferdinand say pretty much the exact same thing during the World Cup... differance we where poor but won, now we're just poor and losing :(

Surely it can't take that long for Kelly to decide whether to sell him or not. If we sell him and we can't get Welsh then i'd try and get Paul Anderson on loan from Liverpool for the season, can play on either wing and was amazing in the youth cup final for them.

We don't need maybury, if we could get a swap deal and get welsh that would be brilliant, welsh and low on the wings, just imagine it :D

Could transform the season and stop Thracian prattling on about putting the chidren in the side!!!!

We don't need maybury, if we could get a swap deal and get welsh that would be brilliant, welsh and low on the wings, just imagine it :D

Just the cash please we have Porter. ;):thumbup:

Pretty much what I'd say... Mabbs is ok but we have plenty of full backs and dont need him and he's useless on the wing ,Tiatto had one good performance and Porter was excellent but I'd still say our left is weak an experianced winger is what we need and Welsh would be the man to fill the spot IMHO.

In fact Mabbs for Welsh would help both clubs if you ask me.

Kelly's just confirmed on the radio that Sunderland have enquired and he will deal with it this week, wouldn't talk about Welsh

Kelly's just confirmed on the radio that Sunderland have enquired and he will deal with it this week, wouldn't talk about Welsh

All sounds quite promising... if you want Welsh over Maybury that is. :thumbup:

Solves two problems in one fell swoop.

1) Too many defenders (not really a problem but still something to moan about!!)

2) No left wing (well apart from Porter, who surely won't play every game!)

All in all would be a 100% succesful swap!

200k?!

Would you take the cash, or take Welsh instead?

I thought Welsh was rated at 300k or so?

...better a swap for Welsh, at least that way we get a new player in the squad (and in a trouble area for us) we can give the Mackem's a decent contract with some kind of bargin-buy back clause, if we just go for cash RK wont see a penny :(

Archived