Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

Unless it's really well produced and acted I find a lot of horror films underwhelming, corny and predictable. I think the last horror that got to me was The Exorcist. 

My all time favourite, i foolishly rented it when i was about 12 and it ruined me for weeks. 

I totally agree, particularly with modern horrors, however the ones listed above are some of the better ones of recent years IMO.

2 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Keep seeing that pop up on various streaming services, will give it a go!

Them 4 films you listed are some of my fav horrors of recent years too, especially hereditary, I still occasionally look at the corners of large dark rooms with a bit of unease 😂. Possum is one of the most oppressive films I've ever seen in terms of atmosphere. Let me know how you find it. 

32 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Them 4 films you listed are some of my fav horrors of recent years too, especially hereditary, I still occasionally look at the corners of large dark rooms with a bit of unease 😂. Possum is one of the most oppressive films I've ever seen in terms of atmosphere. Let me know how you find it. 

Toni Collette is so good in it, that woman never seems to age. The piano wire bit always gets me, so unnerving and odd.

Will do mate!

On 29/04/2021 at 09:57, FerrisBueller said:

Anyone got any good Horror recommendations?

Some of my faves from recent years - 

It Follows

The Witch

Midsommar

Hereditary

Something along these lines.

They're all good films so you'll more than likely enjoy "Under the Skin". Another great horror is "Under the Shadow".

25 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Nice one mate, heard good things about the latter, will stick them both on the list!

Hope you enjoy 👍. They're both very different films. Under the Skin has a more sci fi feel to it  but  I was mesmerised by it.

Under The Shadow has a great premise of some spine tingling moments encountered by civilians caught up in a war zone. Like all great horror films, you can take your own interpretation of the film from it. But I m sure there s a message intended in there about man made horrors - war.

On 29/04/2021 at 09:57, FerrisBueller said:

Anyone got any good Horror recommendations?

Some of my faves from recent years - 

It Follows

The Witch

Midsommar

Hereditary

Something along these lines.

On 30/04/2021 at 10:04, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Give Possum a go if you haven't already.

Watched Possum last night. Not your typical horror, more psychological but brilliantly filmed and very atmospheric. :thumbup:

Also watched It Follows. Not bad. A bit predictable, I thought.

Just working through the list above. It's LoD tonight so that takes precedence.lol

On 02/05/2021 at 12:28, Parafox said:

Watched Possum last night. Not your typical horror, more psychological but brilliantly filmed and very atmospheric. :thumbup:

Also watched It Follows. Not bad. A bit predictable, I thought.

Just working through the list above. It's LoD tonight so that takes precedence.lol

Wish I hadn't bothered. :unsure:

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

TENET

:teehee: em kcuF

To clarify, that’s probably the most difficult to follow film I’ve ever watched. Both visually and story wise, by the end I get what’s happened but the journey there seemed to miss half hours exposition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

To clarify, that’s probably the most difficult to follow film I’ve ever watched. Both visually and story wise, by the end I get what’s happened but the journey there seemed to miss half hours exposition.

It's Nolan going far too far up his own rectum again as he seems to love to do. Hope he reigns it in a bit with his next flick as his best work is breathtaking. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's Nolan going far too far up his own rectum again as he seems to love to do. Hope he reigns it in a bit with his next flick as his best work is breathtaking. 

Still think Memento is his best work.

4 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

Still think Memento is his best work.

The Prestige is my favourite, one of my favourite films full stop. His last few films have been let downs really. The Dark Knight Rises had a hell of a job following one of the best superhero/action films ever made but it was still an underwhelming finale to what to at that point was a truly stellar trilogy, inception and interstellar both loved the smell of their own farts a bit too much, but they're both solid 7+/10 films. Dunkirk was okay, Tennet was meh, the double he did of The Prestige followed by The Dark Knight was just a man at the height of his craft doing things flawlessly, to fall short of that is not exactly surprising but it leaves you clinging on that he'll reach them heights again. Opinions will differ, of course, I know lots of people think interstellar is his best film. I just wish he'd stop with these obscene sounds and making it difficult to understand dialogue, just seems pointless and is really off-putting, I watched Tennet in the cinema and I barely heard any of it, just a load of noise, it was offensively bad and absolutely ruined the movie for me.