Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Tenet was only ok. The overall plot was alright to follow but all the timey wimey mechanics stuff wasn't. I'm willing to bet the guy who wrote it had more fun figuring it all out than the audience did watching it. 

Watched Mitchells v The Machines which was decent until the last act which descended into cartoon nonsense. 

Tried to watch Mank but gave up after half an hour. I'm sure Citizen Kane fans love it, but it wasn't in the least bit interesting. 

Edited by The Bear

9 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Wow well done sir, without saying to much did you think he was punishing himself???

I think there's an element of that given the events in his life. Although he believed who he was, what he was doing and why

• Like 1

Still find it strange that a massive actor lives in Ibstock lol Stephen Graham is in the new Venom film

Enjoyed the 1st one and definitely like Woody Harrelson as an actor, so should be good to see him playing Carnage

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

Tenet was only ok. The overall plot was alright to follow but all the timey wimey mechanics stuff wasn't. I'm willing to bet the guy who wrote it had more fun figuring it all out than the audience did watching it. 

When the scientist lady told the protagonist "don't try to understand it", I thought, is that a message for the audience because if you actually just go with it and try to not get your head around it, it's an alright spy / action movie. 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 23:17, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The Prestige is my favourite, one of my favourite films full stop. His last few films have been let downs really. The Dark Knight Rises had a hell of a job following one of the best superhero/action films ever made but it was still an underwhelming finale to what to at that point was a truly stellar trilogy, inception and interstellar both loved the smell of their own farts a bit too much, but they're both solid 7+/10 films. Dunkirk was okay, Tennet was meh, the double he did of The Prestige followed by The Dark Knight was just a man at the height of his craft doing things flawlessly, to fall short of that is not exactly surprising but it leaves you clinging on that he'll reach them heights again. Opinions will differ, of course, I know lots of people think interstellar is his best film. I just wish he'd stop with these obscene sounds and making it difficult to understand dialogue, just seems pointless and is really off-putting, I watched Tennet in the cinema and I barely heard any of it, just a load of noise, it was offensively bad and absolutely ruined the movie for me. 

I agree The Prestige is seriously under rated, with 3 fantastic performances from Bale, Jackman and Caine. Even Bowie's cameo added to it!

He does tend to go OTT with muffling of sounds/speech, Tenet was terrible in that respect. But Dunkirk was probably elevated by his use of sound, particularly the air raiding parties.

it's undeniable that he's amassed an impressive body of work, even though some of his films don't necessarily hit the heights.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 21:01, Dr Marco said:

watched in the cinema "falling" first film directed by Viggo Mortensen, good film

and also watched "drunk" a danish film about booze, great film

Drunk.jpg

Falling_(2020)_film_poster.jpeg

Drunk is a cracker. Mads Mikkleson is always good value tbh. 

Incidentally I once had a wee next to him at Heathrow Airport. He was going to Copenhagen. I was going to Zurich. Also had a wee next to Damian Albarn once. 

Maybe I should start a thread "celebrities I've had a wee next to". 

Anyway I digress. I think I might have been out in the sun too much.  Will check out Falling however. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

p16804_p_v10_aa.jpg

Been a while since I watched it. Hayek is as hot as ever and the soundtrack is fantastic to boot. I love seeing Tarantino make guest appearances as well.

From-Dusk-Till-Dawn-3.jpg

Think I'll give this a watch tomorrow night, Titty Twisterlol

They got all kinds of pussy 😂

49 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Tarantino licking and drinking off Salma's feet really makes me cringe now, knowing he's massive perv for it. 

I don't know the exact details of this but was he in to feet before this film? Because seriously if I had to suck on Salma Hayek's toes while she poured wine down her leg I reckon I'd develop a foot fetish pretty fast

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Soup said:

I don't know the exact details of this but was he in to feet before this film? Because seriously if I had to suck on Salma Hayek's toes while she poured wine down her leg I reckon I'd develop a foot fetish pretty fast

Yeah I'd say so. Not much scope for it in Reservoir Dogs but one or two things in Pulp Fiction with Uma. 

3 hours ago, rico said:

They got all kinds of pussy 😂

'Apple Pie Pussyyyyyy' lol

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Tarantino licking and drinking off Salma's feet really makes me cringe now, knowing he's massive perv for it. 

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Lucky bleeder! She's incredible.

I love the settings of those 'towns' as well, would love to visit places like that, but would probably end up being murdered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

l love the settings of those 'towns' as well, would love to visit places like that, but would probably end up being murdered.

Haha yeah I know what you mean. But if wine was served like that it'd be worth the risk surely :D