Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 03/07/2021 at 23:44, Webbo said:

The Future War.

I don't know if its based on a computer game, but it could be. The plot is full of holes but as a shoot 'em up,.mental bubble gum, it's not bad. 6/10.

Do you mean the tomorrow war by any chance?

I just watched it, I quite enjoyed it. But I'm a fan of some mindless pew pew shoot the aliens, save the world style. :D

On 17/07/2021 at 09:03, Mike Oxlong said:

Often happens 

The Bad Education film was another turkey 

Not really sure if bad education was even popular enough for the big screen. Just sums up how some shows should remain on the small screen.... though never could get my head round how John Sullivan never wrote a feature film for only fools and horses... maybe Miami twice could have gone to the big screen.

On 17/07/2021 at 18:48, Legend_in_blue said:

The first one was an excellent follow up to the original.  Of course, this should have been released last year but looking forward to it nonetheless.  Not been to the cinema since the first one!

Agreed, a lot of the more recent Halloween's really haven't been as bad as some make out, they more than do the job they are meant to do. 

I'm still waiting for any horror film to come close to the original Halloween but just cannot see how it can be topped imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Clerks 3 starts filming next month!

I hope it's as good as the other 2 but I can't help but feel like it's probably been a bit too long for this, especially given a lot of the content/humour. 

11 hours ago, Zear0 said:

The juvenile in me is very excited to watch this.  Think I was at the perfect teen age when this kicked off initially and holds a warm place in my heart.

So stupid and so juvenile.... absolutely can't wait to see it. lol

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2021 at 20:16, ajthefox said:

I hope it's as good as the other 2 but I can't help but feel like it's probably been a bit too long for this, especially given a lot of the content/humour. 

I dunno, I saw Jay and Silent Bob Reboot a couple of years ago and it was perfect, though mainly for nostalgia reasons. His Clerks films are so much better than that though as they're less wacky/slapstick silliness with a much more heartfelt dialogue-driven story, which is something Smith has always excelled at IMO. 

On 19/07/2021 at 21:09, The Bear said:

Are they just gonna drag out the old looking original cast again like in Clerks 2? 

Pretty much:

In Clerks III, following a massive heart attack, Randal enlists Dante, Elias, Jay and Silent Bob to make a movie immortalizing his life at the convenience store that started it all.

Can't wait personally!

Boss Level

I've had this sitting on my computer for a longtime.  Finally got around to watching it today, and absolutely love it.
Cant recommend this enough.  Great action flick. 

Edited by marbles

On 19/07/2021 at 21:09, The Bear said:

Are they just gonna drag out the old looking original cast again like in Clerks 2? 

I'd be disappointed if they didn't? 

The whole point of Clerks 2 was to look at how Dante and Randall's life had progressed (or hadn't.) The series is their story. They ARE the Clerks. 

I like the idea of checking back in with them ever ten or fifteen years to make a trilogy based on the evolution of the lives of a couple of regular guys, especially as there's a direct reflection there to Kevin Smith and the stage he's at in his life as he matures alongside his characters.