Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Geoff Horsfield

Right so we've got six. 3 of which are extremely injury prone. 2 of which pick up yellow cards far too regularly to be relied upon as ever-presents. 2 which are actually strikers. And one whose legs have gone.

ps you forgot Weso. But he's been rushed back and won't be the same player for a while - if ever. +1 Injury prone.

Which means we'll sign Matt Holland today.

Either that or I'll start a petition named "TPH for LCFC".

It's blokes of my age who get the piss taken for being nostalgic and old fashioned but it's almost like Kelly plays All-Our-Yesterday's videos before making a signing.

Well, folks like Brevett, Johnson, Cadamarteri and Horsfield have moved on. Old Father Time affects footballers too.

Of course I wish the guy luck but it is short-termist and smacks of desperation. I'd sooner give Dodds the experience he needs, get King in and find a real winger from somewhere if Gradel's not an option yet.

Even if it takes another relegation I think "Young and Hungry" is the right way forward and it was always going to take nerve to stand by. To me it is not young players who have let the side down.

It also old heads and a manager who seems to lack the charisma, vision and nerve to really follow the policy through.

But to me, the sooner our prudential insurance policy is abandoned and we show some sustained adventure the better. Fit and fast beats old and cumbersome anytime for me.

On that scale you mentioned. Four. He's big and strong but on that basis we might as well have kept DeVries in situ. What do we really gain but another old head? Do we now propose to leave out one of Hume, Fryatt, Hammond and Dodds?

I totally agree. I'm astounded at the news of Horsfield coming in.

Wouldn't be such a bad signing, although we surely don't need 5 strikers. Perhaps a club has come in for Fryatt or Humey?

Unless RK tries a new system out, the 5-0-5 - would allow room for all 3 centrebacks McCarthy, Kisnorbo and McAuley, and would allow room for all 5 strikers. Because we sure as hell haven't got any midfielders.

Horsfield's 33 years old now.

Used to be with Sheffield United, but didn't play a single game for them in the Premiership. Instead, he was loaned out to Leeds, where he scored twice in 11 games.

The Blades paid West Brom £1.2m for him last year.

He had his last sufficient season 4 years ago.

Need I say more.

Not that bad, we need a target he'll hold the ball up.

Far better than elvis.

I'm of similar mind on this also I'm struggling to recall a headed goal from a forward of late and Horsfield will certainly present more of an aerial threat than we have at present (unless he's lost it ). If you have someone leading the line who is useful in that respect the opposition will need to do more than they need at present to contain our forwards.

Why is it whenever we try to add experience to our squad we go for the worst possible solution every single time.

Why are we even signing a striker when we've got at least 5 capable first team strikers more capable than the Horse, just sold our best central midfielder and haven't got anyone in the first team squad who can play right wing.

Unless Kelly is planning on playing 4-2-4 next game he has no reason for signing this disabled. RIP LCFC.

Archived