Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

thats right :thumbup:

any info anyone

ps can that frankie change your sig ; its a bit offputting

Scores goals in Ireland and he's 21. think he has a B for Ireland. About all I know, not too up on Irish football :D . I only know that because I did some digging awhile back because I couldn't believe Cork City had signed Gareth Farrelly.

Scores goals in Ireland and he's 21. think he has a B for Ireland. About all I know, not too up on Irish football :D . I only know that because I did some digging awhile back because I couldn't believe Cork City had signed Gareth Farrelly.

thanks ; now i know his name i found this , coventry let him go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_O'Donovan

From SkySports

Cambridge United boss Jimmy Quinn has admitted he wants to fend off Championship interest in striker Robbie Simpson.

Simpson, 22, has caught the eye with his exploits in front of goal this term and he has reportedly come under the watchful gaze of Ipswich, Leicester and Norwich.

Quinn is not surprised to see Simpson attracting attention, but feels the forward would benefit from spending another season with Cambridge.

"Any young player that's in the form Robbie is in is going to attract interest, but we don't want to lose him," Quinn told the Eastern Daily Press.

"He'd be better off playing for Cambridge in the Conference, hopefully with a bit of success, rather than in someone's reserves for a Championship club.

"I think it's vital for Robbie's experience and development that he has another season with us and, with a bit of success, it could be the making of him.

"If he goes to the wrong club, it could set him back, but if he does leave he should be thinking about going to the Championship because he is that good."

I dont know much about him at all :dunno:

Any thoughts on Luke Varney?

He's done the buisness at Crewe, getting in the Leauge One team of the year as a result (then again wasnt Low in team of the year for League Two? :unsure: ), still I think we could do with a striker in the summer (with Hume, Fryatt and maybe Cadders being the only options we're likley to have) and would Varney fit the bill? and how much would Crewe want for him, and if not Varney do we want somone with a bit more "experiance" ? :dunno:

It's probably more because three nearest teams of this level to Cambridge are Leicester, Norwich and Ipswich, and therefore it is assumed that those three teams will have an eye on their players.

I'd say Colchester is closer to Cambridge than Leicester is... :ph34r:

Varney would be a quality signing but he doesn't offer much different to Hume or Fryatt. I think if we were to sign Fryatt, one of those two might be on their way out.

That'd be an expensive undertaking... you know... signing a player whose registration we already own. lol

On what basis? Not as a player I hope. He won't improve and has no sell-on value. I'll stick with Weso in that role thanks very much.

Seeing as he was competing at a Contiental level and succeding last season Thracian, please tell me why he needs to improve.

I doubt anyone would not want a class player, be it wrong side of 30..(is he 31??)... just seeing if people think its a feasible link/rumour.... :rolleyes:

His missus is well fit!!!!...Joanna taylor!!! :kissing::banana::bounce: :bounce:

Seeing as he was competing at a Contiental level and succeding last season Thracian, please tell me why he needs to improve.

I think if Hartley learnt a lot from Lennon (so he says) even will Weso benefit. After all, I want Weso to be the rock of our midfield for 5-7 years and Lennon will help him achieve that, especially the psychological aspect of the game.

Perhaps Thracian meant that Lennon may have not so much desire to play after being in the game so long?

I also wonder why a player has to have a sell on value to be a good signing.

They dont have to, but as a rule i've always thought that its good to build a squad thats a balance, with a large element of young, talented players (some brought through a club's academy other brought in having excelled elsewhere) and a number of quality senior players... there is no reason to assume that Lennon could not fit the bill as one of the later... on the broader issue though you do not want an "old squad" we've seen where that can leave you, and i wonder if sooner or later Pompey will as well.

On what basis? Not as a player I hope. He won't improve and has no sell-on value. I'll stick with Weso in that role thanks very much.

How about experience for some of our young players to learn from. Weso is far from the finished article. True he wont have any sell on value but weso will go up in value due to what he will learn and hopefully put into practice on the pitch, though I would hope we are no longer a selling club. I am sure others in the team will also learn from him, its a common thing that teams do to help younger players on!! Lets face it they have had to learn from Johnson, hughes and twatto - not exactly the role models that we would want the youngsters to mold themselves on, or do you believe that the youngsters dont need coaching?

Archived