Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Another innings defeat lol

I feel like if they'd kept all the personal shit in a jar until the end of the season we might have just wont D2... as it is.. it's been an horrific end!

2 games left, and despite being second just two games ago, we could still just about finish second bottom.... 

Edited by AjcW

In fighting? Someone please do tell. Also I have heard whispers about Wayne White. What are everyone else's whispers?

I only ask because Wayne's stats were excellent for Leicestershire and Derby but both seemed keen to let him go regardless when it appeared it would have made both struggling teams stronger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37365637

New T20 City Based Tournament from 2018 voted in by all counties. Will supplement existing program and not replace the county T20 Blast.

8 Cities involved... i'd speculate it'll be London, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff and 1 more... perhaps Edinburgh?

Edited by AjcW

On 14/09/2016 at 16:50, AjcW said:

New T20 City Based Tournament from 2018 voted in by all counties. Will supplement existing program and not replace the county T20 Blast.

8 Cities involved... i'd speculate it'll be London, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff and 1 more... perhaps Edinburgh? Not voted  in by all counties Surrey Sussex and Kent voted against it

I don't like it. It relegates the existing county competition to a second rate pie chuck in favour of those with big enough grounds to host international cricket. If those in the ECB think I am going to go to Trent Bridge to watch a sudo franchise called the "Nottingham East Midlands Airports" then they are much mistaken. 

Apart from T20 nights Grace Road is practically empty on match days, its only the T20 then gets the crowds in and raises the profile of the club which is a massive shame as LCCC are a bit of an undiscovered jewel in the sporting crown.

I also suspect that London (Lords and the Oval) will get two teams like there are two in Melbourne for the Big Bash. The whole thing stinks!

• Like 1

Reports that we have signed Callum Parkinson from Derbys. A positive sign that he sees us as a more attractive long-term proposition; strange, though, that negotiations must have been going on up to or during the recent CC match with them.  At last a decent spinner who can bat, which is just what we need; in fact there needs to be a lot more runs coming from 8 to 11. Other counties seem to be working on this, judging by the number of times we have been undone by 7th/8th/9th/10th wicket partnerships by opposing teams, and we need to improve massively here.

What are other people's thoughts on next season's requirements?  A proper plan for one day cricket is a must, since this year's attempt has been a total disappointment (are certain players one day players or not? Can we afford the luxury of certain people who only seem able to contribute to the 4-day format..?). Cosgrove, Dexter and McKay have been excellent, and Eckersley seems to have turned the corner after a rough couple of years. Had expected more from Robson and Raine - why the latter was dropped to the 2nds recently isn't clear to me though - and a couple of senior batsmen also need to up their game after tailing off quite badly towards the end of the season. Still don't think we have a reliable opening bowler to accompany McKay; Raine looked as though he was going to fulfil this role but has taken a hammering at times this season - really needs to focus on bowling more maidens before trying wicket-taking balls. Still, overall undeniably an improvement for LCCC on last season.

On 14 September 2016 at 16:50, AjcW said:

8 Cities involved... i'd speculate it'll be London, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff and 1 more... perhaps Edinburgh?

I'd replace Bristol with Durham and there is the 8 assuming London has 2, Hampshire will be the biggest ground to miss out.

If this travesty is to happen then I think it needs to have a geographical spread. I would have one in Edinburgh too or even Dublin.  London. Leeds. Birmingham, Southampton, Cardiff , Bristol and Durham.

It won't happen mind you but if the true aim is to grow the game nationwide the ECB will be thinking outside the financial box

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I'd replace Bristol with Durham and there is the 8 assuming London has 2, Hampshire will be the biggest ground to miss out.

I forget that it's a city too! My suggestion is based on cities anyway as per the rules. On your point though perhaps Bristol is replaced by Southampton & not Durham

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rumour has it Durham are skint, so you're probably right with Southampton.

Hmmm I have a feeling this will be so flooded with money Emirates will supplement any shortfalls at Durham. We shall see! 

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hmmm I have a feeling this will be so flooded with money Emirates will supplement any shortfalls at Durham. We shall see! 

What I haven't seen mentioned as yet (although I've not paid a great deal of attention to it) is who are the rich business men/women who are going to bankroll each franchise? Or is all the money coming from the TV deal ? 

I think the ECB are to fund it rather than it be based on franchising. WK was talking about the counties missing out getting £1.5 million per annum, not a one off payment.

Personally i hope the whole thing fails. It stinks. But fails over a 5 year period letting the smaller counties get some serious revenue.

The fact that Nottingham gets it when they've never won the T20 yet Leics and N'hants have won it a combined 5 times is a joke.

And can you see anyone from Derby or Leics following Nottingham Bandits? 

Harrison, Strauss and Graves are Sky poodles obssessed with money.

• Like 1

Agree with the above.

Also I see the County are finishing the season on a whimper, 90 odd for 9 on the first morning. Its all hit skid row since Andrew McDonald let it slip he was leaving.

On another note I appreciate a lot of the team strengthening done over last winter was to bring hard nose experienced pros to bolster the batting but has Aadil Ali fallen off a cliff or something? The lad is a serious talent in my book.