Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Fry-ing away soon?

http://www.walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=67401

This will bring tears to a few eyes!.

No idea if its true but if he does move I'm sure it will be best all round but I'd hope he can recapture the sort of promise he showed so briefly when he arrived.

Perhaps his experiences at Leicester will re-focus his attention and make him realise there's a thin line between success and failure. And that being fully fit is vital.

Walsall have a sell on clause with Leicester City as part of the deal that took him to the Foxes. Rumour has it that the Saddlers may be geting a return sooner than expected.

After an injury hit season in the championship rumour has it Matty is on the move. Some Saddlers fans have openly stated there desire for Matty to return to the fold, however with Matty's house in Lichfield up for sale that prospect seems unlikely.

Other factors which have increased the rumour mill is the arrivial of Milans millions and Martin Allen as the new manager. If Martin Allen is true to form then the brand of football which will be played at Leicester will not be the best for Matty. Also Martin has already been linked with a bid for other strikers including Izale Mcleod.

As it stands there is no official conformation or denial so watch this space.

why will it?.... he has a poor a scoring record as DeVries

I didn't wish to suggest it would brings tears to my eyes - although I'm truthfully sorry that he's had such a wretched season.

I'm simply going on the endless weight of illogical support he still gets on here and the poll which showed 80-odd per cent still believe him a good player who fell foul of injury.

Wherever he finishes up I hope the 80% are proved right.

I didn't wish to suggest it would brings tears to my eyes - although I'm truthfully sorry that he's had such a wretched season.

I'm simply going on the endless weight of illogical support he still gets on here and the poll which showed 80-odd per cent still believe him a good player who fell foul of injury.

Wherever he finishes up I hope the 80% are proved right.

His injury is a tricky one, as it has left him flat footed and not able to sprint correctly, he has special insoles to his boots to aid him... He did ok but I wouldnt put him in the alan young/smudge/iwan class

Walsall have a sell on clause with Leicester City as part of the deal that took him to the Foxes. Rumour has it that the Saddlers may be geting a return sooner than expected.

After an injury hit season in the championship rumour has it Matty is on the move. Some Saddlers fans have openly stated there desire for Matty to return to the fold, however with Matty's house in Lichfield up for sale that prospect seems unlikely.

Other factors which have increased the rumour mill is the arrivial of Milans millions and Martin Allen as the new manager. If Martin Allen is true to form then the brand of football which will be played at Leicester will not be the best for Matty. Also Martin has already been linked with a bid for other strikers including Izale Mcleod.

As it stands there is no official conformation or denial so watch this space.

It's not very specific, I wouldn't trust that source, I think Allen will want to get his own opinion on Matty, he needs to be given a chance when fully fit

Thracian dug it up off Vital football.

It's just lazy journalist speculation.

I love it when people use the 'his house is up for sale' as a very good indication that a player is moving clubs. If that was the case, Robbie Fowler would of played for over 100 clubs already.

I love it when people use the 'his house is up for sale' as a very good indication that a player is moving clubs. If that was the case, Robbie Fowler would of played for over 100 clubs already.

I was under the impression Matty still lives with his parents anyway. Or he did until not so long ago.

EDIT: Actually isn't Fryatt married, I may be thinking of someone else.

I was under the impression Matty still lives with his parents anyway.

There's something very 'odd' about men over the age of 18 that live with their parents.

Very odd indeed.

:whistle:lol

I was under the impression Matty still lives with his parents anyway. Or he did until not so long ago.

EDIT: Actually isn't Fryatt married, I may be thinking of someone else.

He has got a partner and a child I believe. Well the arrival of the baby was one of the excuses meted out for his lack of fitness/poor start to last season, which is frankly a piss poor excuse.

Why is everyone so keen to dump Fryatt? Surely after he showed us what he can do when he arrived here, after we have witnessed his potential, we should keep him. From what I understand we'll be entering the "Pontins" reserve league next season, lets put Fryatt in there along with a few of the academy lads, and let him re-find his goalscoring instinct. We cannot judge him on this season after he has been hit so heavily by injury, and when he was pushed back into the squad too early it was blatantly obvious that he wasn't 100%.

One bad season does not a crap player make.

One bad season does not a crap player make.

Correspondingly a good season or two in the lower leagues does not a good player make. ;):thumbup:

Matty Fryatt leaving!??....thats the best news we've had for a loooooong time!

Get rid of the donkey now! for ****s sake

James

theres a few others players id sooner see go first to be honest

Correspondingly a good season or two in the lower leagues does not a good player make. ;):thumbup:

But a good season or two in the academy or reserve leagues does make a good player? :dunno:

Archived