Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Is anyone else worried or is it just me?!

How do lads and lasses.

Ive been in Cyprus on an extended holiday for about 4 weeks or so now and don`t get to the net much to check whats happening but when I do go on, I sift through all the crap from rumours to MA and MM`s quotes and I must admit, I am seriously worried with the early signs.

Now before everyone jumps on my back, I`m not in Leicester so cant tell you whether there is a buzz around or not but we at this stage are only matching last seasons season ticket sales which says a lot to me. Maybe not everyone is as happy with the early signs of the regime.

The main reason I worry is I think that MA is under cooked so to speak at this level. He seems to be linked with these donkey old players who may have been good ten years ago but he thinks they are good today. He also came out to say that is was great to go to other countries so see matches and spy on players and when it came to his team, "to watch DVDs". Surely he should have a better knowledge of players playing at this level?? On the foreign player front he seems out of his depth and other managers within this division will leave us standing. I am so dissapointed that a club like us hasnt really done much in the transfer market thus far but the following players who would have something to offer for years have moved on, mostly on bosmans or small tribunal fees.

Tony Capaldi - Plymouth to Cardiff

Luke Varney - Crewe to Charlton

Chris Iwelumo - Colchester to Charlton

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos - Hartlepool to Coventry

Jon Otsemobor - Crewe to Norwich

Karl Hawley - Carlisle to Preston

Billy Jones - Crewe to Preston

Jobi McAnuff - Palace to Watford

Why didnt we get some of these guys who have futures? Also why are we never linked in the press to decent players like Sharp and Eastwood but the likes of Norwich, Burnley and Wolves are??? Whatever happened to the imminent arrival of real prem class players like Hendrie and Todorov?

Now I know that MM was never going to give MA a huge transfer kitty but we have raised £650k already on the sale of Paddy (great deal BTW, crazy price that lol) and have booted out some decent wage earners like Tiatto, AJ and Nils already. MA has done well to highlight the donkeys that need booting out like Rab, Maybury and Elvis and hopefully they`ll go but I still am worried that we have missed a trick or six in letting clubs who IMO arent as attractive an option to a footballer as we are purchase players on frees who would ordinarily command quite big transfer fees.

Anyway, I know I sound like I am moaning my arse off here but I am not as I`ll back my club regardless, but I am concerned that we arent improving the squad to the level I had hoped although in MA`s defence its still early days I suppose. I also dont see you locals being overjoyed by developments because season ticket sales arent all that from what I can see.

Anyone else worried or is it just me lol?????

BTW, I`ll be back online in a couple of weeks and I hope by then we would have nailed Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho :thumbup:

How do lads and lasses.

Ive been in Cyprus on an extended holiday for about 4 weeks or so now and don`t get to the net much to check whats happening but when I do go on, I sift through all the crap from rumours to MA and MM`s quotes and I must admit, I am seriously worried with the early signs.

Now before everyone jumps on my back, I`m not in Leicester so cant tell you whether there is a buzz around or not but we at this stage are only matching last seasons season ticket sales which says a lot to me. Maybe not everyone is as happy with the early signs of the regime.

The main reason I worry is I think that MA is under cooked so to speak at this level. He seems to be linked with these donkey old players who may have been good ten years ago but he thinks they are good today. He also came out to say that is was great to go to other countries so see matches and spy on players and when it came to his team, "to watch DVDs". Surely he should have a better knowledge of players playing at this level?? On the foreign player front he seems out of his depth and other managers within this division will leave us standing. I am so dissapointed that a club like us hasnt really done much in the transfer market thus far but the following players who would have something to offer for years have moved on, mostly on bosmans or small tribunal fees.

Why didnt we get some of these guys who have futures? Also why are we never linked in the press to decent players like Sharp and Eastwood but the likes of Norwich, Burnley and Wolves are??? Whatever happened to the imminent arrival of real prem class players like Hendrie and Todorov?

Now I know that MM was never going to give MA a huge transfer kitty but we have raised £650k already on the sale of Paddy (great deal BTW, crazy price that lol) and have booted out some decent wage earners like Tiatto, AJ and Nils already. MA has done well to highlight the donkeys that need booting out like Rab, Maybury and Elvis and hopefully they`ll go but I still am worried that we have missed a trick or six in letting clubs who IMO arent as attractive an option to a footballer as we are purchase players on frees who would ordinarily command quite big transfer fees.

Anyway, I know I sound like I am moaning my arse off here but I am not as I`ll back my club regardless, but I am concerned that we arent improving the squad to the level I had hoped although in MA`s defence its still early days I suppose. I also dont see you locals being overjoyed by developments because season ticket sales arent all that from what I can see.

BTW, I`ll be back online in a couple of weeks and I hope by then we would have nailed Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho :thumbup:

Great post..you will get a load of bull from the numptys on here but I for one think youv'e pretty much nailed it! :thumbup::worship:

How do lads and lasses.

in some ways i agree with ya mate but from what ive heard they are working there arse off behind the scenes so hopefully you should see some players roll in within the next couple of days...weve been linked with loads of people its just about whether the rumours are true or not..no1 no's whhat to believe at the minite due to press linking us with every single player there is...

people could be signed in next couple of days :

dutch midfielder (hellings i think his name is)

kishishev

and Todorov hopefully

also ive heard rumours about billy sgarp coming to us for 1.5 million with matty fryatt goin the opposite way has any got any more info on this?

Good post and pretty much sums up my feelings although some of the transfers you mention were a tad more than you indicate.

With 4 transfers completed and 6 potentially to go I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed, and the next one lined up Hellsing (sic) looks a major gamble, so that leaves 5 to drastically change my mood and aspirations.

I've already got my ST ordered and will be there but so far I'm extremely disappointed and feel that little quality has been added to the squad, they've been so uninspiring I often forget who we've actually signed.

I've got the season ticket, I've entered the dates onto my Google calendar and I wear a Mandaric t-shirt everyday to go cycling. I'm not down. Am I down? Maybe I am feeling a bit let down....

I had a bundle of optimism with Allen being appointed and I know I still should...but the signings so far have just, well, failed to be inspiring.

I was reading a quote from MA on the toilet this morning (@07:23 for those in the sweepstake) where he spoke about walking out onto the pitch for the first day of the bounceback feeling that the team could go all the way because he felt he had a finished article.

There is no way that Martin would be able to say this in August and it's this I am trying to balance.

I know there's part of me that would like to be going up this season, a part of me that thinks we can sign Roy Race and Blackie and then nothing will stand in our way, a part of me that wants a football fairy to sprinkle some miracle dust on us.

The realist in me knows this is a bunch of cock.

So I guess I'm not worried, why should I be when my expectations for the season are mid-table mediocrity? When my hopes for the season are that we almost make it to the play-offs why should I be fussed that we're not being linked to better players in the media?

I shouldn't be.

But I am - it damn well hurts that we still aren't a force in this division let alone the Premiership. It smarts that we sign up has-beens, the unwanted and the untried. I console myself with the thought that Allen and Mandaric know what they are doing. I pray that Allen and Mandaric know what they are doing.

As Bonnie Tyler so eloquently said:

I need a hero

I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night

He's gotta be strong

And he's gotta be fast

And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero

I’m holding out for a hero 'till the morning light

He’s gotta be sure

And it’s gotta be soon

And he’s gotta be larger than life

Larger than life

Of course, she then went on to say:

Doo doo doo doooo

Doo doo doo doooo

Doo doo doo doooo

Aaahhh

Aaahhh

...but we all know that is bollocks don't we?

...and a belated happy birthday Apexgeo :thumbup:

Kinel, not even July pre-season yet and some people are 'worried'. Why are you worried, it aint life or death its just a football club! I really do think some people need to have a reality check, we have been really poor in the last few seasons and lucky not to be relegated. Milan has stated we have a '3 year plan'. The guys are building up something, and its not a sprint its a marathon! Leicester was not built overnight :P I personally think with all the two year contracts flying about, Milan wants to get the club promoted not this season but next. The 'revolution' would have gelled by then and hopefully be ready to take on the big stage.

People keep going on about 'uninspiring signings'. Ok, lets take a look, we aint exactly rolling it in, so we have to be careful with our money. Carl Cort or Elvis Hammond? Bruno N'Gotty or Alan Maybury? Those two signings alone have class, Ok Carl Cort needs to get fit but his record is pretty decent, better than no goals in 4 years was it? and N'Gotty used to be a french international and at AC Foooking Milan! His experience will be immense. And how much did these cost? ZILCH. Better than Josh Low and Andy Johnson from last years freebies dont you think?

Leicester City have possibly one of the most pessimistic fanbases around if this forums anything to go by! Always looking at the negatives, and i find that pretty sad rather than believeing in what the manager/ new chairman has in store for us. Just be patient, lets see what happens, and enjoy the ride (or try to!)

<shut up you negative shits - football isn't important>

Says the man with a sig that reads:

''FOOTBALL ISN'T A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH, ITS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!" Bill Shankly

lol

People keep going on about 'uninspiring signings'. Ok, lets take a look, we aint exactly rolling it in, so we have to be careful with our money. Carl Cort or Elvis Hammond? Bruno N'Gotty or Alan Maybury? Those two signings alone have class, Ok Carl Cort needs to get fit but his record is pretty decent, better than no goals in 4 years was it? and N'Gotty used to be a french international and at AC Foooking Milan! His experience will be immense. And how much did these cost? ZILCH. Better than Josh Low and Andy Johnson from last years freebies dont you think?

There's some much needed perspective right there!

I'm very worried, we've signed a 36 year-old centre-half turned right-back who has no future, a dodgy goalkeeper who has a gambling past and on the field sounds no better than our current ones, a striker who is always injured but still holds a good reputation :unsure: , a young lad up front who won't get near the first team and a midfielder (or a defender nobody knows) from abroad that could be either really good or shite. I look at some of the transfers you posted and wonder why we are not going for those type of players. I live in hope that we sign some better players befire the 1st of July, starting today.

So far the transfers have been uninspiring. Hopefully the deals that involve more cash are taking a little more time to finalise etc. It is a little annoying to see players such as Sharp and Eastwood going elsewhere but I doubt Allen hasn't thought about making a move for them.

I honestly do hope that when the first day of the season comes everyone is satisfied with the squad we have and it is capable of making good ground in this division.

Poor signings which lack ambition but I'm one of the few who DOESNT think we will get promoted this season so just sit back and bask in the comfort that at least we can afford to dabble in the transfer market.

I don't think many on here really expect us to runaway with the league and get promoted straight away, I think the main expectation is to start buliding a side that can compete for play-off places. The signings that we have made so far don't really reflect that ambition.

All this talk about building for the future, three year plans is crap. Why would you sign a 36 year old with an eye to the future.If we had 2 good seasons but didn't get promotion, it wouldn't guarantee promotion the next year. Milan's target, whether he admits it or not, has to be promotion.

As for the signing I must admit are extremely underwhelming but who had heard of Lennon, Izzet, Savage before we signed them?

Just keep the faith, we may not get up this season but it won't be for lack of trying.

I was pleased when MA was appointed, but this is similiar to the Levein situation.

Levein didn't really know what were required for this division, does Allen?

Levein was bringing in many players, alot of whom we hadn't heard of, Gerrbrand, Hamill etc... Similiar to Allen

The fans were looking forward to the start of the his first full season, mainly because he was saying all the right things, exactly the same situation as now.

Anyone else sensing dejavu?

I'm not worried either yet we have still got over a month for transfers. We need a decent defender and a new striker. Personally im thinking McLeod from 'The Dons' and i hate to say this but we need somebody like Darren Moore at the back next season.

I'm hoping that the "big" name signings are due to be named at the end of June when most of the player contracts seem to come to an end. After all why pay wages to people we don't need to, their present clubs can carry on until the end of the month. They could also be hanging around their present clubs in order to pick up those loyalty bonus payments.

I really hope I am being realistic and optimistic :dunno: but I will be very very very underwhelmed if not p*ssed off with being lured into a real feeling of "the good times are coming back", IF some more EXCITING signings don't appear at the club by the beginning of July.

Yes but to last season more than the CL era, RK brought in 4 free trasnfers, so has MA with a 5th coming.

We did pay something for Nielson.

I'm not worried either yet we have still got over a month for transfers. We need a decent defender and a new striker. Personally im thinking McLeod from 'The Dons' and i hate to say this but we need somebody like Darren Moore at the back next season.

We need a whole midfield first.

Archived