Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Is anyone else worried or is it just me?!

Most of the players you mention cost more than we have for starters.

If by the end of the transfer window we haven't signed 5 players with PROVEN quality, then I might worry. Now i'm not, i'm just looking forward to seeing what the new guys and Allen can do!

F'ck me, I thought it was BartonFox who was the miserable moaning b'strd on here.

Get a grip on reality for God sake. This season we will not be relegation contenders in anyway shape or form, so that is a huge improvement. For those with sights on the play-offs, reign it in a bit, get with the programme and chill the f'ck out.

Use this season to rediscover you love for going to game on the Saturday, have a laugh with your mates, have a beer, and abuse Alan Birchenall :thumbup:

Just a small pointer on 2 of our much maligned signings thus far -

Bruno N'Gotty - promoted with Birmingham last season :whistle:

Carl Cort - made the play-offs with Wolves last season and a top half finish the season before :whistle:

spot On :worship::worship::worship:

I think all that Sun and Keo beer has got to apexgeo’s head. :dunno:

How can anyone be worried? What on earth do you think is going to happen??

We’ll storm this league next season just you wait and see.

WORRIED? I don’t know, people these days ..... :doh:

...a dodgy goalkeeper who has a gambling past

I hardly think you could describe him as dodgy. Yes he had a gambling addiction - but that is no reflection on his ability between the sticks which, by all accounts, pisses on the shite we currently have at the club.

...but I'm one of the few who DOESNT think we will get promoted this season

Not according to Barton's thread, I think the vast majority of us are pretty level headed about our chances next season Roy.

F'ck me, I thought it was BartonFox who was the miserable moaning b'strd on here.

You are :P

Bruno N'Gotty - promoted with Birmingham last season :whistle:

Carl Cort - made the play-offs with Wolves last season and a top half finish the season before :whistle:

You're right - but a tad disingenuous...N'Gotty struggled to force his way into the squad until the tail end and Cort hasn't played since last year.

It's going to be an interesting season. I wish we could start. :cool:

I hardly think you could describe him as dodgy. Yes he had a gambling addiction - but that is no reflection on his ability between the sticks which, by all accounts, pisses on the shite we currently have at the club.

Not according to Barton's thread, I think the vast majority of us are pretty level headed about our chances next season Roy.

You are :P

You're right - but a tad disingenuous...N'Gotty struggled to force his way into the squad until the tail end and Cort hasn't played since last year.

It's going to be an interesting season. I wish we could start. :cool:

by the time i get back off holiday i hope we have bought one decent player atleast. like saganowski or nathan dyer

Most of the players you mention cost more than we have for starters.

If by the end of the transfer window we haven't signed 5 players with PROVEN quality, then I might worry. Now i'm not, i'm just looking forward to seeing what the new guys and Allen can do!

Precisely, it's early days and impossible to forecast who Allen will buy. Don't forget, we still have nearly two months until the proper season kicks off.

In no way can you say that this years signings haven't improved on the pile of turgid crap we had playing last year.

Do agree with the comment on Billy Jones, though, that would've been an excellent buy.

Precisely, it's early days and impossible to forecast who Allen will buy. Don't forget, we still have nearly two months until the proper season kicks off.

In no way can you say that this years signings haven't improved on the pile of turgid crap we had playing last year.

Do agree with the comment on Billy Jones, though, that would've been an excellent buy.

Well you don't know that they are an improvement, most people thought that MDV, Hughes, Sylla et al were going to be an improvement but they weren't.

These maybe, they may not anyone who says they are is guessing and is no more correct than those, like me who hesitate and question their potential quality. Time will tell, my glass is still only half empty.

Well you don't know that they are an improvement, most people thought that MDV, Hughes, Sylla et al were going to be an improvement but they weren't.

These maybe, they may not anyone who says they are is guessing and is no more correct than those, like me who hesitate and question their potential quality. Time will tell, my glass is still only half empty.

Sure I question every players ability that we sign but I will wait until I have seen them play before I pass judgement on them. Look at how many so called has beens big Sam signed at Bolton and has turned them into a top 6 team. I am not saying MA is Big Sam but some players need a new lease of life or maybe just didnt get on with their manager. MA is lucky that he is getting the chance to change nearly the whole squad so the vaste majority of the squad are signing to play for him with his tactics.

Be positive - your glass should be half full :thumbup:

lol I was going to come online in a week or two but I cant help myself!!

It seems its about a 50-50 split between people who are slightly concerned like me to the people in the "Im really excited" club. I must admit that I expeted the rose-tinted glasses waerers and cliques to see my points as being negative but hey, everyone is entitled to an opion!! Just to clarify a few points and post some responses to some of the stuff on this thread...

To those like Bartonfox who think I am on a moanfest, it may be true in some part but I want this club to have high standards. Ive studied the deals that Redknapp did at Pompey in the "second division" when MM was there and was/am hoping of similar impact players to sign for us. I knew we wouldnt spend £5m on transfer fees but will pay big wages but if you remember Pompey got class freebies like Stone, Berger, Hislop. Sherwood, Merson, Ilic, Zivkovic and spent a few pennies on Yakubu. I thought that would could attract the disolusioned Premiership bench players of that standard in todays footy and we may yet still do.

However, my concern is the way that certain signings have been described by MM and MA. Carl Cort signs for us and its described as a major coup. To be honest, had he signed for F***st I would have been taking the p*** for them signing an injury prone donkey who hasnt done much for years. He is 30 in November and has hardly played much footy in recent times. N`Gotty is a solid signing but where does he fit into the 3 year plan??? Have we a 3 year strategy or arewe actually trying to do a Pompey and buy older players for an instant tilt at promotion?? In MA`s defence. I know little about the likes of Nielsen or Hellings so they may be absolute quality but I hd hoped that from 5 signings that some of them would be real quality. especially as we have already ripped a big part of our first team squad apart with the sale or release of players like Paddy Mac, Nils and Tiatto.

Anyway, I see we have been linked to Graveson (lol) so things are looking up.

Lets hope we manage to bag some real quality players and some hero`s for us in the stands because as we stand at the moment, we are woefully short on the pesonnel front if we want to make a proper impact on this division, unless of course Thracian has got into Allens ear to persuade him that King and Gradel will be superstars next season lol

For now I wont worry about our transfers as I am off to the beach to bother some poor Eastern European lasses lol. Hopefully when I am next online we manage to bag those prem class players so a misery guts like myself can smile again when I look at the Leicester City squad list instead of shaking my head with thoughts of "we are fooked" for next season. :D

It seems its about a 50-50 split between people who are slightly concerned like me to the people in the "Im really excited" club. I must admit that I expeted the rose-tinted glasses waerers and cliques to see my points as being negative but hey, everyone is entitled to an opion!! Just to clarify a few points and post some responses to some of the stuff on this thread...

To those like Bartonfox who think I am on a moanfest, it may be true in some part but I want this club to have high standards. Ive studied the deals that Redknapp did at Pompey in the "second division" when MM was there and was/am hoping of similar impact players to sign for us. I knew we wouldnt spend £5m on transfer fees but will pay big wages but if you remember Pompey got class freebies like Stone, Berger, Hislop. Sherwood, Merson, Ilic, Zivkovic and spent a few pennies on Yakubu. I thought that would could attract the disolusioned Premiership bench players of that standard in todays footy and we may yet still do.

However, my concern is the way that certain signings have been described by MM and MA. Carl Cort signs for us and its described as a major coup. To be honest, had he signed for F***st I would have been taking the p*** for them signing an injury prone donkey who hasnt done much for years. He is 30 in November and has hardly played much footy in recent times. N`Gotty is a solid signing but where does he fit into the 3 year plan??? Have we a 3 year strategy or arewe actually trying to do a Pompey and buy older players for an instant tilt at promotion?? In MA`s defence. I know little about the likes of Nielsen or Hellings so they may be absolute quality but I hd hoped that from 5 signings that some of them would be real quality. especially as we have already ripped a big part of our first team squad apart with the sale or release of players like Paddy Mac, Nils and Tiatto.

Lets hope we manage to bag some real quality players and some hero`s for us in the stands because as we stand at the moment, we are woefully short on the pesonnel front if we want to make a proper impact on this division, unless of course Thracian has got into Allens ear to persuade him that King and Gradel will be superstars next season lol

For now I wont worry about our transfers as I am off to the beach to bother some poor Eastern European lasses lol. Hopefully when I am next online we manage to bag those prem class players so a misery guts like myself can smile again when I look at the Leicester City squad list instead of shaking my head with thoughts of "we are fooked" for next season. :D

Dont want to be picky but Berger arrived when they were promoted, he scored on the opening day against Villa.

whats happening with the 4.5 mil we are to spend?

or have i missed something :unsure:

Yes you have.

He has to put in £4.5m minimum this year and next. That money will primerally cover our running costs as last year we made a big fat loss. If he only puts in the minimum then that means at a rough estimate we only have about an extra £1m / £1.5m to spend on wages and players.

I should bring you up to date. I've already made it perfectly clear that I think all out young first team squad members will have to excel themselves to justify their involvement with the first team next season.

My campaigning last season was on the basis that they were better than we had available and, for the most part, I think that belief was perfectly well justified.

I still have faith in our youngsters and am sure they have a vital part to play in our development.

But there is no doubt Martin Allen intends to raise the bar standard-wise and it is up to them to prove they can jump it. All I've asked is that our young first team fringe players are kept fit, involved and are judged on merit.

What I don't want to see is people starting the season in our first team who are not fit, or have done sod-all in pre-season - simply because they are favoured by the boss or are being paid high wages.

I want to think that these players will come good at Leicester but i just don't really have a good feeling.

Jimmy - Will be in the first team for a few games before he's finally ousted by Hendo/Conrad

Sappleton - Won't make a first team appearance before moving on in the summer.

Cort - Will have a blinding start but will fade fast and get injured.

Hellings - Momo Sylla MkII

N'Gotty - Will have a decent enough season nothing to inspiring.

I hope i'm proved wrong but i can really see this stuff happening, we need to sign some exciting and good players.

I want to think that these players will come good at Leicester but i just don't really have a good feeling.

Jimmy - Will be in the first team for a few games before he's finally ousted by Hendo/Conrad

Sappleton - Won't make a first team appearance before moving on in the summer.

Cort - Will have a blinding start but will fade fast and get injured.

Hellings - Momo Sylla MkII

N'Gotty - Will have a decent enough season nothing to inspiring.

I hope i'm proved wrong but i can really see this stuff happening, we need to sign some exciting and good players.

Might as well give up now then. :rolleyes:

Might as well give up now then. :rolleyes:

Or sign

A) Players that don't have a history of a gambling, drug or any other type of addiction problems.

B) Players won't be getting the zimmerframe out at the end of the season.

C) Players that Don't underachieve.

D) Players that don't spend 3/4 of the season on the treatment table.

I'm kinda sick of us signing second rate players and losing out to teams like Preston and Burnley.

Or sign

A) Players that don't have a history of a gambling, drug or any other type of addiction problems.

I'm kinda sick of us signing second rate players and losing out to teams like Preston and Burnley.

You don't know how any of these players will perform... cheer up!!!! :frusty:

Having been away for 2 weeks, I have returned to the fold, only to find we have signed an ageing has been (NOT GOTT-IT) and a potential crock (CORT) not to mention a gambler (ACE IN THE PACK JIMMY ) who would make Claridge look like small fry!

I'm wondering if hes doing enough to get this club back to where we belong (top 6 at least).

one thing he has done is got rid of the dead wood aka, deVries, Douggy, maybes etc.... and I'm so glad we got 650K for the no hoper mcCarthy, (i have mentioned numerous times that he was to blame for many losses in the passed two seasons)

So is he doing enough? We dont want a revolving door like under Micky Adams, and the signings so far aint got me buzzing with excitiment.....YET...mind you he did resign HUM3 which is a Plus!

Quote "We want to give fans the thirst for the new season, and that comes when they can see an exciting team being assembled"

We need a fully focussed set of hungry talent ready to burn up the league!

******Lennon can P*ss off!

"It would be impolite of me to show my cards, but of course there are a number of players we have been linked with and there are a number of ongoing discussions," Allen said.

City chairman Milan Mandaric is thought to have opened up a number of overseas transfer avenues for his new manager, and Allen is keen to explore those options.

"We want to give fans the thirst for the new season, and that comes when they can see an exciting team being assembled, whether those players are from the Premiership, lower down the football ladder, or abroad," he added.

"We are looking everywhere and there is a lot more searching to do."

I'm certainly not excited by any of the signings so far. But I was never under any illusions that we were going to have a lot of money to spend. We need 10 new players so with the budget we have, we won't be signing players for much money. However, I do think some of the signings have been slightly bizarre, but Martin Allen isn't your normal manager.

I think it's definitely going to be the manager that is the factor behind whether we are successful or not. We can get some good players in, but without a manager who has something special about him, then we'll not improve much anyway.

I hate to look for examples in this case, but Martin O'Neill proved that he had that knack of getting the best out of players and this was proved by a lot of the players careers suffered after he went to Celtic.

So although i'm hardly impressed with the signings so far, i'm confident that Martin Allen will improve us dramatically and therefore some of these players will be successful at Leicester.

What'd be the point of appointing a renowned Director of Football and putting a structured scouting system in place if we weren't going to sign a couple of players nobody has heard of?

I retain my faith in Milan signing the two quality midfielders we desperately need but one of them may be Sergio Hellings - there are plenty of excellent players I haven't even heard of and I trust people with the football pedigree of Milan, Don McKay, Lil Fuccillo and even Martin Allen to make better judgments than the Football Manager-playing kids and reactionary grumpy old bastards on this forum. Players like Nielsen, Sappleton and Hellings are exactly the sort of players we should have expected to be signing as opposed to the Rob Kelly approach to free transfers of taking a quick look at the League Two Team of the Year and seeing which of them was out of contract.

On Hellings specifically, I find it funny that people are moaning about him having played Dutch Second Division football last year when MK Dons in the fourth tier of English football are asking £2million for a player we are being linked with.

Or sign

Go and support Man Utd then. If players can match up to your criteria then there is no way they will be signing for Leicester City. We have to accept that whoever we sign is going to be a bit of a gamble, even the likes of Lee Hendrie who would come with a bit of baggage attached to him and could be classed as an underachiever, Billy Sharp and Izale McLeod who are unproven at this level. We just have to trust the people in control of this football club who have far more knowledge of football players than me or yourself, to make the right decisions.

What'd be the point of appointing a renowned Director of Football and putting a structured scouting system in place if we weren't going to sign a couple of players nobody has heard of?

I retain my faith in Milan signing the two quality midfielders we desperately need but one of them may be Sergio Hellings - there are plenty of excellent players I haven't even heard of and I trust people with the football pedigree of Milan, Don McKay, Lil Fuccillo and even Martin Allen to make better judgments than the Football Manager-playing kids and reactionary grumpy old bastards on this forum. Players like Nielsen, Sappleton and Hellings are exactly the sort of players we should have expected to be signing as opposed to the Rob Kelly approach to free transfers of taking a quick look at the League Two Team of the Year and seeing which of them was out of contract.

On Hellings specifically, I find it funny that people are moaning about him having played Dutch Second Division football last year when MK Dons in the fourth tier of English football are asking £2million for a player we are being linked with.

Fetching words, sir!

I agree, I would still like 1 or 2 bigg signings if possible to scare the rest of the league.

Archived