Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Is anyone else worried or is it just me?!

We could do with a signing that could give the club a big boost.

Sponsorship of the Kop by Cadburys and a free one of these to every fan :thumbup:

cad303.jpg

Personally i think that the midfield is the last thing on Mad Dogs mind at the minute. The midfield is alright anyway Hughes, Weso, Levi. Just another winger and we would be flying.

Are you kidding?

Only one of those would get anywhere near a promotion chasing side at their best, and no-ones yet even convinced that his legs aren't completely knackered.

Personally i think that the midfield is the last thing on Mad Dogs mind at the minute. The midfield is alright anyway Hughes, Weso, Levi. Just another winger and we would be flying.

:blink:

The same midfield that managed to provide next to nothing for our strikers last year, personally I think it's the area that needs the most work.

:|:blink::dunno: Hughes is transfer listed, with good reason. I can't see Porter being a starter next season and Wesolowski is pretty doubtful to play a full season. I'd say we need 4 midfielders minimum.

I've got to say I'm worried.

I mean, there are about 6 weeks to the start of the new season, and every player in the world is now under lock and key, and it's impossible to bring anyone else in!

Or not.

So the signings haven't exactly been awe inspiring. But honestly, who are people expecting? We've avoid relegation from the Championship for the last 2 years... are we really that an attractive prospect as we all like to think we are?

You don't have to have heard of players for them to make a positive impact.

I thought we'd have some bigger names, but those names aren't guaranteed to bring success either.

I think judge MA in 6 months not now, he's getting players that will play his way.

I reckon we'll be at least 6 or 7 places higher at christmas than we we last year.

Ok i admit i am not overwhelmed. however i am still pretty optimistic. ok these signings are pretty risky with sappleton and this dutch guy but every player has to start somewhere and look what MA did with mcleod, he brings out the best in young players, and i think wesolowski will benefit under MA. I think this year was always meant to build the side, and the experiance will bring on the younger players (admited this is also a risk because not every old player brings along the youngsters). I like the way we are building a side that has both youth and experiance. I am a little worried but far more optimistic then i was last year.

to summarise yes its risky, but i like it. Look at beckham he was poor when he went to manchester united

look at ronaldo he was nothing special when he went to manchester united and keogh at wolves

look at muzzy he was nothing great when he first came, and lennon, and savage, and guppy. i think this is history in the making again. Martin is doing what the other Martin did, and i think it just might work.

Good post. :worship:

I am not worried at this stage as there is still a long way to go in the transfer market, sure there has been some activity but not a huge amount. I appreciate that some of the names we have been linked with have signed elsewhere but that was always going to be the case, there is no way that we would sign every player we have been linked with and I wouldnt be suprised if most of it was either lazy journalists or agents putting out rumours especially the later if they are trying to increase the value of their player.

I do believe that MA, MM and Mackay do have a plan, they all have got a network of contacts and seem to be using them. Mackay seems to have come up with Sappleton and Hellings and there maybe more. Sure these two are unknown but they must have something if we are prepared to sign them, I have to have faith that MM will not want to waste his money and will only sign a player that he thinks will be worthwhile. MA seems to be a good motivator and only wants player who are prepared to give 100%. This is something we have been missing for years. I am sure that MA when having talks with a player will make it clear what he wants and if the player cannot convince him he will give 100% he probably wont get signed. After all this is a big step up for MA, I am sure he is aware the MM will sack him in a heartbeat if he thinks it is not going well so he will be doing everything to ensure he gets the best squad available.

I expect out squad will be bigger than last year, especially as we are going to have a reserve side. I wouldnt be suprised to see some of the youth set up breaking into the reserves but a lot of the first team are yet to be signed. It is early days remember some of the players are still on holiday or have been on international duty so not every one is available.

If we are still in this position at the begining of July then it is time to be worried, in the meantime keep the faith!!

Kinel, not even July pre-season yet and some people are 'worried'. Why are you worried, it aint life or death its just a football club! I really do think some people need to have a reality check, we have been really poor in the last few seasons and lucky not to be relegated. Milan has stated we have a '3 year plan'. The guys are building up something, and its not a sprint its a marathon! Leicester was not built overnight :P I personally think with all the two year contracts flying about, Milan wants to get the club promoted not this season but next. The 'revolution' would have gelled by then and hopefully be ready to take on the big stage.

People keep going on about 'uninspiring signings'. Ok, lets take a look, we aint exactly rolling it in, so we have to be careful with our money. Carl Cort or Elvis Hammond? Bruno N'Gotty or Alan Maybury? Those two signings alone have class, Ok Carl Cort needs to get fit but his record is pretty decent, better than no goals in 4 years was it? and N'Gotty used to be a french international and at AC Foooking Milan! His experience will be immense. And how much did these cost? ZILCH. Better than Josh Low and Andy Johnson from last years freebies dont you think?

Leicester City have possibly one of the most pessimistic fanbases around if this forums anything to go by! Always looking at the negatives, and i find that pretty sad rather than believeing in what the manager/ new chairman has in store for us. Just be patient, lets see what happens, and enjoy the ride (or try to!)

I agree with every word of that.

In fact theres nothing I can add, touché(SP) tomassi :cool:

We need to realistic for this season. We would all like to be knocking on the door of a playoff place come April, but in reality it probably won't happen. If we sign the expected 10+ players this season, then we will be lucky to get 4 who are in the first team come the start of the next. By that time some of our youngsters will either be genuine contenders for a full season first team spot (weso, levi, Mattock perhaps) or be on their way, and we will have another summers bunch in signings to show for Milan's money. It is possible to start from where we started and put together a side which will contend in 1 summer but it would take 15-20M in my view, as you would need to pay silly money to attract the required standard of player to a team with no realistic prospect of promotion. Even then you risk getting more money grabbing idiots than players with the drive required.

I'm not worried the slightest. Some transfers are of the unknown but do seem promising, N Gotty is a decent buy as is Cort whereas the sale of McCarthy was excellent and MA's realisation of the limited uses / talent players like Hammond, Hughes, Maybury, Hughes and de vries posess has lead to them being available for transfer.

Be patient.

Kinel, not even July pre-season yet and some people are 'worried'. Why are you worried, it aint life or death its just a football club! I really do think some people need to have a reality check, we have been really poor in the last few seasons and lucky not to be relegated. Milan has stated we have a '3 year plan'. The guys are building up something, and its not a sprint its a marathon! Leicester was not built overnight :P I personally think with all the two year contracts flying about, Milan wants to get the club promoted not this season but next. The 'revolution' would have gelled by then and hopefully be ready to take on the big stage.

People keep going on about 'uninspiring signings'. Ok, lets take a look, we aint exactly rolling it in, so we have to be careful with our money. Carl Cort or Elvis Hammond? Bruno N'Gotty or Alan Maybury? Those two signings alone have class, Ok Carl Cort needs to get fit but his record is pretty decent, better than no goals in 4 years was it? and N'Gotty used to be a french international and at AC Foooking Milan! His experience will be immense. And how much did these cost? ZILCH. Better than Josh Low and Andy Johnson from last years freebies dont you think?

Leicester City have possibly one of the most pessimistic fanbases around if this forums anything to go by! Always looking at the negatives, and i find that pretty sad rather than believeing in what the manager/ new chairman has in store for us. Just be patient, lets see what happens, and enjoy the ride (or try to!)

A good post, but WE NEED a quality creative midfielder to come in. Both Lee Hendrie and Graham Kavanagh would be fine for me!!

F'ck me, I thought it was BartonFox who was the miserable moaning b'strd on here.

Get a grip on reality for God sake. This season we will not be relegation contenders in anyway shape or form, so that is a huge improvement. For those with sights on the play-offs, reign it in a bit, get with the programme and chill the f'ck out.

Use this season to rediscover you love for going to game on the Saturday, have a laugh with your mates, have a beer, and abuse Alan Birchenall :thumbup:

Just a small pointer on 2 of our much maligned signings thus far -

Bruno N'Gotty - promoted with Birmingham last season :whistle:

Carl Cort - made the play-offs with Wolves last season and a top half finish the season before :whistle:

what is it that typifies the typical City fan? Is the eternal optimist or the glass is always empty mentality??? Kinel after reading this it's makes me seek my prozac!!! For my part I have nevr been so excited about the start of the season - a little over optimistic perhaps but we really have the feeling that something is starting - even if we're nowhere near the finished article - we're on our way, we're on our way - how we get there I don't know how we get there I don't care - all I know is... we're on our way.

Anyway it is the sum of the parts that count not the individual components

MARTINALLEN'S BLUEANDWHITEARMY

How do lads and lasses.

Ive been in Cyprus on an extended holiday for about 4 weeks or so now and don`t get to the net much to check whats happening but when I do go on, I sift through all the crap from rumours to MA and MM`s quotes and I must admit, I am seriously worried with the early signs.

Now before everyone jumps on my back, I`m not in Leicester so cant tell you whether there is a buzz around or not but we at this stage are only matching last seasons season ticket sales which says a lot to me. Maybe not everyone is as happy with the early signs of the regime.

The main reason I worry is I think that MA is under cooked so to speak at this level. He seems to be linked with these donkey old players who may have been good ten years ago but he thinks they are good today. He also came out to say that is was great to go to other countries so see matches and spy on players and when it came to his team, "to watch DVDs". Surely he should have a better knowledge of players playing at this level?? On the foreign player front he seems out of his depth and other managers within this division will leave us standing. I am so dissapointed that a club like us hasnt really done much in the transfer market thus far but the following players who would have something to offer for years have moved on, mostly on bosmans or small tribunal fees.

Tony Capaldi - Plymouth to Cardiff

Luke Varney - Crewe to Charlton

Chris Iwelumo - Colchester to Charlton

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos - Hartlepool to Coventry

Jon Otsemobor - Crewe to Norwich

Karl Hawley - Carlisle to Preston

Billy Jones - Crewe to Preston

Jobi McAnuff - Palace to Watford

Why didnt we get some of these guys who have futures? Also why are we never linked in the press to decent players like Sharp and Eastwood but the likes of Norwich, Burnley and Wolves are??? Whatever happened to the imminent arrival of real prem class players like Hendrie and Todorov?

Now I know that MM was never going to give MA a huge transfer kitty but we have raised £650k already on the sale of Paddy (great deal BTW, crazy price that lol) and have booted out some decent wage earners like Tiatto, AJ and Nils already. MA has done well to highlight the donkeys that need booting out like Rab, Maybury and Elvis and hopefully they`ll go but I still am worried that we have missed a trick or six in letting clubs who IMO arent as attractive an option to a footballer as we are purchase players on frees who would ordinarily command quite big transfer fees.

Anyway, I know I sound like I am moaning my arse off here but I am not as I`ll back my club regardless, but I am concerned that we arent improving the squad to the level I had hoped although in MA`s defence its still early days I suppose. I also dont see you locals being overjoyed by developments because season ticket sales arent all that from what I can see.

Anyone else worried or is it just me lol?????

BTW, I`ll be back online in a couple of weeks and I hope by then we would have nailed Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho :thumbup:

Perhaps MA will reply on the OS. I hope so! :D

Archived