Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Came up to Leicester a few weeks ago. This morning get a lovely £60 fine from LCC, for driving down Causeway Lane. That's what you get for trying to contribute to the local economy!

That catches loads of people out, I saw the council earn about £500 in 20mins when they first changed it last summer.

To be fair there are a LOT of signs and they painted the road red to stop people driving down there.

Does anyone know if there's a time limit to which 24 hour Tesco's can sell alcohol to/from? Need to get some wine but the only time I can get this is on the way home after my night shift on Saturday at 3am or so.

Most "24 hour" Tescos are shut from Midnight Saturday to opening time on Sunday, either 10am or 11am, Sunday trading laws or something. They can only be open for 6 hours on Sunday if they are open 24 hours the rest of the week.

Most "24 hour" Tescos are shut from Midnight Saturday to opening time on Sunday, either 10am or 11am, Sunday trading laws or something. They can only be open for 6 hours on Sunday if they are open 24 hours the rest of the week.

What I really mean is 3am Friday night/Saturday morning so it'll be open then ;)

You should be ok then, although the one in Hertford did have restrictions on Friday nights cos of pissheads, best to check in store.

I'm pretty sure there won't be any alcoholics on the Old Kent Road at 3am on a cold Saturday morning. It does seem pretty stupid there's no info on this now though.

Bastards, close at midnight!

Edited by Lamby

Sounds like the DNO christmas do.

lol

Which brings me to my day...

Got my christmas shopping out of the way thankfully, fairly painless considering I can't stand town but the standard of the masses seems to pick up a little around this time of year, had a bit of time to kill so thought I'd treat myself to a pint in the Hansom Cab.

You can imagine my delight as when taking my first sip I spotted the famous but previously unseen DNO newsletter, after a quick look around for a face I may recognise I decided to have a read.

I remember when I was about 16 and a school friend brought in a political magazine, was called "Freedom" or "Identity" I think and had been created by a group further to the right than anything the NF or BNP were, I've always used that as the benchmark for the biggest piece of insanely paranoid political writings I had ever read.

Until today.

The writers are clearly deranged and suffering from severe depression, anxiety, envy and what I imagine to be a host of other mental illnesses. The class prejudice wasn't even hidden (and by that I mean anyone who belongs to a social class), if you dare spend one penny on a luxury you are the devil as someone out there needs that more than you and if you have a bed at night then you are going to hell.

My favourite was the thought of the day which was "Before you blame, think of his name" , pondered this for a while. Any ideas?

I'm going to work my bollocks off now until the 23rd, 12 hour days minimum but it will give me freedom between Xmas Eve and the 3rd-4th Jan will be heaven.

Edited by MattP

Was fine until a hour ago, sometimes I wonder if trying to be civil and try and placate people is really the right thing to do, because I  end up bearing the brunt.

I feel the pain. Sometimes I think I'm too nice and honest. I should really have a go at people more.

I feel the pain. Sometimes I think I'm too nice and honest. I should really have a go at people more.

Sometimes its tough between keeping civility , just to keep your life easier and telling people what you think

I've started dishing out the shit more when I receive it now tbh lol

Sometimes its tough between keeping civility , just to keep your life easier and telling people what you think

The problem was eastfox I was doing it to help someone else not myself and I still get it in the neck, makes you feel like shit.

Edited by purpleronnie

The problem was eastfox I was doing it to help someone else not myself and I still get it in the neck, makes you feel like shit.

Oh aye, I know that feeling. All depends on who the other person is IMO as I've learnt that some peoples bad manners do mean nothing, but people with good manners expect good manners from others

Oh aye, I know that feeling. All depends on who the other person is IMO as I've learnt that some peoples bad manners do mean nothing, but people with good manners expect good manners from others

Yep, they might not have realised how hurtful what they said was to me, maybe they didn't even mean it that way, but the fact I have done my best to try and help and all I get is criticism for it makes you wonder what's the point in helping?.  Pretty cut up about it and I rarely ever get emotional about this sort of thing but I'm trying to just forget it, not worth upsetting myself about it.

• Like 2

Not sure if you're being facetious so hard to tell on forums lol

Nope I'm genuinely agreeing and empathising with you. 

True. There's so many times where I probably should have voiced my thoughts, especially at work, but have kept quiet just to ensure there's no awkwardness or animosity around the team. I think about consequences too much. 

Nope I'm genuinely agreeing and empathising with you. 

True. There's so many times where I probably should have voiced my thoughts, especially at work, but have kept quiet just to ensure there's no awkwardness or animosity around the team. I think about consequences too much. 

Just checking, thanks.