Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just got back from watching the Hobbit. Unreal film, much better than first IMO. In love with Tauriel.

Sister's 25th tomorrow so on the ales early followed by a curry, ideal.

Should be going to see that on the 29th, I got dragged to see the first one and enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to it.

You'll love it mate, a lot more action and just generally a better film!

I've not read the book or anything so I'll be asking the person I'm going with what the hell is going on. Not ideal for a first date but what can you do.

Just seen what people were saying about 'being nice'. I tend to be nice to anyone just for the sake of it but I've started to think in certain cases it's better in the long term to just tell people straight if they're pissing you off or if you disagree with them, or whatever. Think eventually it'll make the times your nice come across as more sincere as well rather than if you're just nice to everyone 24/7.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Cinema for a first date? Are you 12?

What's wrong with the cinema for a date? A couple of hours where you can't talk and then something to talk about afterwards. If he takes her out for a meal and a drink he will have to be the entertainment, and that won't result in a second date.

I imagine Lamby as the sort of bloke who would take a bird to Laser Quest on a date.

Hahahahahaaa it might not come as a surprise but i've a horrible, horrible story about an all night laser quest I went when I was about 17. I don't even think I can put myself through it again by typing it out. It involves a lot of weed, 24 Bud Ices and a lot of chunder and pony up the walls with no bog roll.

• Like 1

Hahahahahaaa it might not come as a surprise but i've a horrible, horrible story about an all night laser quest I went when I was about 17. I don't even think I can put myself through it again by typing it out. It involves a lot of weed, 24 Bud Ices and a lot of chunder and pony up the walls with no bog roll.

We both know you can't leave it at that, the floor is yours.......

Just got back from watching the Hobbit. Unreal film, much better than first IMO. In love with Tauriel.

Sister's 25th tomorrow so on the ales early followed by a curry, ideal.

You know Tauriel is whatsherface, Kate from Lost. I knew I recognised her but only realised when I looked her up after.

Anyway, load of bullshit. IMAX film in Sheffield stops working about 1/3 of the way through. Screen goes black but the sound is still playing.

They leave it like this for 5 minutes.

Then the lights come on with the sound still rolling.

Another few minutes go by then everything turns off (still no communication from cinema).

10 minutes go by and video and sound come back on.

Now the audio sync is out by about a second.

Lights are still all on.

They leave it playing for another 5 minutes (haven't 'rewound' it at all).

Eventually some bloke comes out and says they're sacking it off. Something to do with the weather(?!) and ventilation.

Obviously we get a refund and vocuher to watch it for free again but have to wait/queue for about half an hour along with about 700 other people. I imagine a load of people would have spent money on a tram to the cinema and food once they're there so I'm pretty appauled by the way it was handled. They should be offering more than a free re-watch. Obviously they're not going to offer cash but 1 month film pass or even 2 free films would have been acceptable. It's like £14 normal price at IMAX so as well as wasting an evening/having to go watch it again some time people would be out another tenner for travel and food which they're not getting back.

/rant

As I said, I've seen the first one but not read the book ;)

And it was her idea for the cinema first, then it's drinks afterwards.

If you've seen the first one then you shouldn't need to ask what's going on as you should know, as films tend to follow a general plot and a sequel will lead on from the first one ;)

Just went around Aylestone, and came across a horse on the loose.

Would of been an ideal moment, for anybody who likes to shag Animals.

Also had Christmas Parties at work today, "Santa" came for the kids, and said a Carrot was Red, deserves the sack for that the twat.