Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I am good at going for my break at work, then as soon as I come off it I get sent home early as it's quiet. Was a good event though and they had good music played by the DJ's for once.

What do you mean you're good at going for your break?

Are u working behind a bar on these events?

A fine 24 hours - the end of work for the year, a lengthier than expected visit to the pub involving meeting many old friends for the first time in ages and a glorious away win I actually got to see on telly, sweetened all the more by my 2 year old learning to shout 'Blue Army'*.

*sounds more like 'Blue marmy' if I'm honest

Difficult travels to France via CDG. Almost bumping into Monica Belluci made it worth while. Though I hadn't imagined that Vincent Cassel was as tall as he is. You learn something everyday.

I thought they were supposed to be separated now! So you telling me I don't stand a chance with Monica Bellucci after all!!

Either way you may have some hot goss on your hands, you need to get on the blower to the editor of The Mail's Sidebar.

I thought they were supposed to be separated now! So you telling me I don't stand a chance with Monica Bellucci after all!!

Either way you may have some hot goss on your hands, you need to get on the blower to the editor of The Mail's Sidebar.

Well they were pushing their way through the crowds just like everyone else was. Though Vincent was miles ahead, and she had the kids with her. They weren't going anywhere international, so I assume a family Christmas. Shame they weren't heading the same way then I'd have even more of crap story to tell.

What do you get up to on your break at work Lamby?

He jumps up onto the bar, whips his d!ck out and windmills it for 10 minutes non-stop, before getting down and carrying on with his shift.

It also explains the mystery of why it's always empty after his breaks.

Edited by Finnaldo

Not a bad day. Saw City win in the Kings Head an some of the CAMRA crowd came in on their anual pub crawl so I joined them.  I had already had four pints so I am a bit shattered. They handed out a Xmas song sheet in the Swan and Rushes. I can't sing but I had my harmonicas in my bag so I played along. Can't play either but I tried to be  out of tune less than the singing.

• Like 1

What do you get up to on your break at work Lamby?

Spend the half hour on my phone.

The event tonight only sold 150 tickets, about 75 turned up so I got sent home after 2 hours of doing no work. Went straight to the pub after but only had a single pint :o

Don't have to work Boxing Day though, taken up working on New Years Day instead, to combine with my wages for working NYE/NYD going up to £10 an hour. £140 for 2 nights work, can't complain.

Spend the half hour on my phone.

The event tonight only sold 150 tickets, about 75 turned up so I got sent home after 2 hours of doing no work. Went straight to the pub after but only had a single pint :o

Don't have to work Boxing Day though, taken up working on New Years Day instead, to combine with my wages for working NYE/NYD going up to £10 an hour. £140 for 2 nights work, can't complain.

The will be less busy in the new year so be prepared for a big reduction in wages.

Went out in Northampton last night. Always a top night but jeez, they love a scrap there don't they?

Where did you go? My mate went out there last night for the first time in ages and said the same thing  lol

Edited by Haydos

Where did you go? My mate went out there last night for the first time in ages and said the same thing  lol

Few places but ended up in NBs, distinct lack of birds about which was disappointing. Came out and there was some bloke in a snowman jumper smashing a guy in a penguin jumper in the face.  lol

Then some guy twatted a girl on the chin and she took it like Carl Froch!

At that point we walked to a fried chicken shop where an argument broke out between a horrendous looking woman and a gay guy. Ended up with the woman getting legged up and tins of Fanta all over the gaff. I was pretty with it too so I felt like a character in an Arctic Monkeys album. Broken Britain indeed.

• Like 1

Few places but ended up in NBs, distinct lack of birds about which was disappointing. Came out and there was some bloke in a snowman jumper smashing a guy in a penguin jumper in the face.  lol

Then some guy twatted a girl on the chin and she took it like Carl Froch!

At that point we walked to a fried chicken shop where an argument broke out between a horrendous looking woman and a gay guy. Ended up with the woman getting legged up and tins of Fanta all over the gaff. I was pretty with it too so I felt like a character in an Arctic Monkeys album. Broken Britain indeed.

Haha, that's brilliant. It is a right scumhole. Home is sort of bang in the middle of Leices and N'ton and I went to school in N'tonshire so 90% of nights out were in N'ton. Think my mate went to Roadmender....Is that still open?

I've been in Sheffield for 4 years and I've seen about 4 fights (not counting the odd scuffle in a club) the entire time. I dunno if it's cause of all the students or I just don't go to the same places as all the dickheads but it's a hell of a lot better than Northampton.

EDIT: Speaking of Arctic Monkeys, From The Ritz To The Rubble is Northampton in a nutshell.

Edited by Haydos