Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Did anybody go to Beacon Hill yesterday?

If you did, you may have been lucky enough to see the family that brought their cat along to their picnic on a lead.

That's the one thing I'll remember about this bank holiday

Yep, saw it too. Our dog pottered towards it and the cat was obviously scared so the idiot kid yanked it up and it was just swinging it around and it looked uncomfortable. 

No idea why you'd do it as the cat looked really distressed.

Edited by Wookie

34 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Yep, saw it too. Our dog pottered towards it and the cat was obviously scared so the idiot kid yanked it up and it was just swinging it around and it looked uncomfortable. 

No idea why you'd do it as the cat looked really distressed.

That's taken the shine off it somewhat. When I saw it, it looked quite chilled out (although I didn't see the bit when they took it on the slide first hand).

I expect this may not catch on

Sat inside for the last 4 days hoping my house doesn't flood, the power doesn't go out and we have enough food. 

Seriously, luckily we've been ok with the flooding in our area, but the rain keeps coming. 
IMG_7983.thumb.JPG.895eef3aeffb06e8583641e6020c3f91.JPG
How are you doing? It seems it might be quite a while before things calm down. Have you got enough food etc? Not that I can help!!

17 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

We've got a cat, and we put ours on a lead in the back garden.

We live near a busy road and worried he may get ran over.

I assume you've got a litter tray then, and you're not having to harness him up every time he needs to take a dump?

I'm quite fortunate in that my cat has very narrow horizons and has never even attempted to leave our (not that large) garden

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I assume you've got a litter tray then, and you're not having to harness him up every time he needs to take a dump?

I'm quite fortunate in that my cat has very narrow horizons and has never even attempted to leave our (not that large) garden

Yes we have a litter tray for him.

People who 'walk' their cats are idiots.  We bought ours a lead so he could stretch his legs a bit at the motorway services on the long move from England to Belgium (even then one of my sisters nearly lost him by letting him off, the absolute melt lol) but beyond that it never got used.

With dogs the lead only serves to get you from the house/car to a point where the animal can be let off to run around for a bit, if you're keeping the animal leashed at all times then it defeats the purpose of giving it a 'walk' imo and since this is the case for most cats (I have seen a few people on public transport with a free-roaming cat happily sticking to its human) then I don't see why you'd do it other than to seek attention or because you don't have the parental abilities to tell your kids "no that's moronic".  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

People who 'walk' their cats are idiots.  We bought ours a lead so he could stretch his legs a bit at the motorway services on the long move from England to Belgium (even then one of my sisters nearly lost him by letting him off, the absolute melt lol) but beyond that it never got used.

With dogs the lead only serves to get you from the house/car to a point where the animal can be let off to run around for a bit, if you're keeping the animal leashed at all times then it defeats the purpose of giving it a 'walk' imo and since this is the case for most cats (I have seen a few people on public transport with a free-roaming cat happily sticking to its human) then I don't see why you'd do it other than to seek attention or because you don't have the parental abilities to tell your kids "no that's moronic".  

I think they just wanted their cat to be able to share in their enjoyment of the day out.

If only it were possible to tell if it was grateful for this opportunity

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think they just wanted their cat to be able to share in their enjoyment of the day out.

If only it were possible to tell if it was grateful for this opportunity

Good start to the day today ...   After a lovely day out yesterday with puss at Beacon Hill I awoke today to find him vacuuming the front hall ...   Good old puss ..   He must have really appreciated the day out and felt obliged to pay me back in his own simple way.   I'm taking him back there tomorrow and hopefully he'll wash the car.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Good start to the day today ...   After a lovely day out yesterday with puss at Beacon Hill I awoke today to find him vacuuming the front hall ...   Good old puss ..   He must have really appreciated the day out and felt obliged to pay me back in his own simple way.   I'm taking him back there tomorrow and hopefully he'll wash the car.

That definitely sounds a lot better than the normal scratching the sh!t out of the furniture, bringing home a half dead animal and taking a dump in the kids sandpit.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:
19 hours ago, HoustonFox said:
Sat inside for the last 4 days hoping my house doesn't flood, the power doesn't go out and we have enough food. 

Seriously, luckily we've been ok with the flooding in our area, but the rain keeps coming. 
IMG_7983.thumb.JPG.895eef3aeffb06e8583641e6020c3f91.JPG

How are you doing? It seems it might be quite a while before things calm down. Have you got enough food etc? Not that I can help!!

Doing ok thanks! FoxesTalk is keeping me sane (or driving me even more insane) while stuck inside since Thursday.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've taken a cat for a walk of sorts.

I lived in a flat in the centre of liverpool that had no external space with an ex girlfriend so the cats were house cats. We took them to a park (we didn't actually walk them there) and then had them on a leash while we were sat down relaxing. Let them climb a few trees and have a good sniff around too. 

It's not the ideal scenario but I don't think it's idiotic.

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

My Grandma had a vicious one. It would hide on the stairs and take a swipe at you as you walk by. Horrid.

Oh and I'm allergic :)

Toughen up bro, my grandmother had about 50 and fed them before the kids.  Crazy cat lady.  I still have one :)  oh and Zara the GSD puppy ;)

• Like 1