Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yep! Got told to go back to Syria, I'm a dirty Muslim taking over the streets and the councils, and to die in a flood on the street. 

Funny thing was she was calm at the start then all of a sudden flipped and had a fit of rage towards us all. 

Well done for keeping cool ...   I've decided on scumbag ...   or maybe fvckin lowlife ...    sure you can probably think of something better ...

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well done for keeping cool ...   I've decided on scumbag ...   or maybe fvckin lowlife ...    sure you can probably think of something better ...

Outside of work and things would have been different, but gotta remain professional! She left before police turned up which was a shame! 

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm in West Sussex old man, do keep up.  Mind you we did have one of these when we moved in.  I wouldn't spend my money on one though!

In good news, bonus error now fixed, and in time for the payroll deadline.  Phew!

Phew! Thank God - you had us all worried there for a while.  

I'll cancel the charity run. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Long week as well glad it finishes today! 

Did an eviction today. Got racially abused and was told to die in a hurricane or an earthquake 

Nearly laughed in her face tbh lol

Which did you choose?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Long week as well glad it finishes today! 

Did an eviction today. Got racially abused and was told to die in a hurricane or an earthquake 

Nearly laughed in her face tbh lol

Are you (presumably) a bailiff by any chance?

After watching the 'Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away!' programme a few times, you must have very strong courage etc to do this sort of job.. credit to you.

People like that, no matter the reason/s why they got evicted, ought to not deserve what they want in life.

Respect goes a long way to being a good person and they showed there that people like them are still unfortunately around causing nuisance.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Are you (presumably) a bailiff by any chance?

After watching the 'Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away!' programme a few times, you must have very strong courage etc to do this sort of job.. credit to you.

People like that, no matter the reason/s why they got evicted, ought to not deserve what they want in life.

Respect goes a long way to being a good person and they showed there that people like them are still unfortunately around causing nuisance.

Nah not a bailiff but they were there too. I'm a housing officer. I love that programme though lol

I was telling my mate about what happened and she said sometimes people are so thick they don't realise how thick they're being lol

I've dealt with so many evictions and that's probably the worst so far. At one point she gave the locksmith loads of grief as well :mellow:

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

****ing muslims, coming over here, evicting our racists......

sorry you ha to experience that Stan, good job staying level headed. i like to think you just smiled and raised a pint in her face lol 

lollol

I pretty much did nearly smile in her face trying not to let her know I wanted to knock her block off lol. 

We have lone worker devices as well for our visits so if we do feel we're in danger we can use them and police come out immediately. Even better though is that all of what happened is recorded on the device. I actually want to hear back everything she said. 

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Just got back from doing the Great North Run, which I did in about 1 hr 50, not exactly sure on the time and I'm a little disappointed with it to be honest, but I've raise £490 for Shelter so far so very please with that.

https://twitter.com/Shelter/status/906885436408295424

Congrats mate, well done on raising a decent amount of cash.

I need a new challenge to keep my fitness on track. Was in the shape of my life to do the Yorkshire Three Peaks (Didn't need to be mind) and after doing that I've been eating what I want and going to the gym a little bit less. 

I cant see me doing a marathon as my knees are buggered and I haven't got the time to train for one, any ideas?

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I need a new challenge to keep my fitness on track. Was in the shape of my life to do the Yorkshire Three Peaks (Didn't need to be mind) and after doing that I've been eating what I want and going to the gym a little bit less. 

I cant see me doing a marathon as my knees are buggered and I haven't got the time to train for one, any ideas?

When I was about 16/17 yrs old, I remember doing a walk with my uncle called something like the 'Lyke Wake Walk'.

40 miles over the  North York Moors. If I recall, we stated at at the coast and finished not far from North York.

I have no idea if you can still do it, but that was a challenge.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks pal.

Have you ever done any distance running? 

10k is a pretty attainable goal and there are ones you can do all over the place without having to raise money every time. Not too hard to train for either really as you'd probably be aiming for 1 hr or less if you're remotely fit.

http://www.runforall.com/10k/york/

Not sure what else to recommend to be honest, I'd love to do a triathlon but can't swim for shit as it stands. Tempted to push on and do a marathon.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Running is not too good for buggered knees (I've got two of my own) ...     get you bike out.   :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Thanks pal.

Have you ever done any distance running? 

10k is a pretty attainable goal and there are ones you can do all over the place without having to raise money every time. Not too hard to train for either really as you'd probably be aiming for 1 hr or less if you're remotely fit.

http://www.runforall.com/10k/york/

Not sure what else to recommend to be honest, I'd love to do a triathlon but can't swim for shit as it stands. Tempted to push on and do a marathon.

I've ran 10k before yeah but never in an event other than a mud run type thing which is easier because of the stopping and starting.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. I have done a relatively long cycle (50 miles from Lincoln cathedral to Nottingham) on no training when I wasn't especially fit and that was pure hell not going to lie lol.

Triathalon is an interesting one that I hadn't really thought of and a hike type thing appeals to me.

Sounds mental but I've always fancied having a go at Kilimanjaro, haven't really got the funds just yet would love a crack at that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I've ran 10k before yeah but never in an event other than a mud run type thing which is easier because of the stopping and starting.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. I have done a relatively long cycle (50 miles from Lincoln cathedral to Nottingham) on no training when I wasn't especially fit and that was pure hell not going to lie lol.

Triathalon is an interesting one that I hadn't really thought of and a hike type thing appeals to me.

Sounds mental but I've always fancied having a go at Kilimanjaro, haven't really got the funds just yet would love a crack at that.

A good friend of mine (who's 45 years old) was diagnosed with testicular cancer 20 years ago. He made a full recovery and became a fitness freak and is now a PT. 

To 'celebrate' his 20 year remission and raise money for the hospital that treated him, he's just completed 20 x Olympic Triathlons - in 20 days :o

That's what the Brownlee brothers do, every day, back to back - for 20 days. 

In total that's 30km open water swimming, 860km cycling, and 200km running.

Incredible achievement and I'm very proud of him. He managed to raise over £5k and is an inspiration.

Maybe your new challenge could be something like that? lol

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A good friend of mine (who's 45 years old) was diagnosed with testicular cancer 20 years ago. He made a full recovery and became a fitness freak and is now a PT. 

To 'celebrate' his 20 year remission and raise money for the hospital that treated him, he's just completed 20 x Olympic Triathlons - in 20 days :o

That's what the Brownlee brothers do, every day, back to back - for 20 days. 

In total that's 30km open water swimming, 860km cycling, and 200km running.

Incredible achievement and I'm very proud of him. He managed to raise over £5k and is an inspiration.

Maybe your new challenge could be something like that? lol

Yeah, errr or I could just eat like loads of shit for the next 20 days and try to put on a few stone. 

Thats horrific!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Was in the shape of my life to do the Yorkshire Three Peaks (Didn't need to be mind) and after doing that I've been eating what I want and going to the gym a little bit less. 

Similarly I went for a run 5 times before the UFS tournament and since then I've done absolutely nothing :ph34r: