Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

I didn't, the rspca did, apparently it's some form of anti-flea spray? It was only on their backs and it sort of made their fur crispy. All cleaned up now though. :)

Oh, right.

We put something on our cat for the same purpose and she hates it. We have to put it between her shoulder blades to prevent her from cleaning it off again but I didn't know you could get a spray - I'll have to look into it. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Found out I've secured an interview for a job I really, really want ? Unfortunately I'm really terrible at selling myself, and completely hopeless at interviews ?

Has anyone dropped any prostitution jokes yet? I hope not.

In all seriousness the best advice I would give is that if you have an interview your skill set will match the role so make them like you. Talk about family, interests/hobbies etc and I’d go as far as creating a bit of a sales pitch about yourself from a personal and career point f view. What is it doing?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Has anyone dropped any prostitution jokes yet? I hope not.

In all seriousness the best advice I would give is that if you have an interview your skill set will match the role so make them like you. Talk about family, interests/hobbies etc and I’d go as far as creating a bit of a sales pitch about yourself from a personal and career point f view. What is it doing?

Haha I even thought of you when I wrote 'selling myself' ☺️ I just didn't know how else to put it. It's going back to what I'm best at, planning a team of people's work, but the best thing for me is that it's home based, just with the occasional meeting and overnight stay. I would basically be managing the manager's workload. I did very similar for years within the same company, but for a different team. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Haha I even thought of you when I wrote 'selling myself' ☺️ I just didn't know how else to put it. It's going back to what I'm best at, planning a team of people's work, but the best thing for me is that it's home based, just with the occasional meeting and overnight stay. I would basically be managing the manager's workload. I did very similar for years within the same company, but for a different team. 

Take a look at the position description and requirements if it’s online and try and match up your experience and skills with that. Always works for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Nice one, I used to hate them type of people trying to organise me lol absolutely certain they also used to hate me.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

There you go then Deb, you do know how to sell yourself :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

I just need some of your confidence ?

Confidence isn't something we 'have' it's something we 'do'. I bet there's many, many times where you've been confident at work so just remember how it felt, what you were doing, saying and feeling and then do that at the interview. 

And if that don't work, just fake it til you make it' :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You and everyone else... lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Confidence isn't something we 'have' it's something we 'do'. I bet there's many, many times where you've been confident at work so just remember how it felt, what you were doing, saying and feeling and then do that at the interview. 

And if that don't work, just fake it til you make it' :D

I have considered a boob job, but I don't think I've got time so I've decided I'll just enhance the ones I've got on the day ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Credit where it's due, he was very restrained with his reply ?

Sure.

I always give Costock credit - there's nobody drags a thread to the gutter quite like he does (@Strokes: "Somebody hold my beer...")

Edited by Buce

Have posted this in the City v Chelsea thread also but please can anyone and everyone pass on if possible (thanks)

It’s a bit late for me to be posting this but just a thought about possibly having a minutes applause for a big City fan, my mate Simon who died at 48 years old at his home last night.

he used to go with me in the 80s and 90s to City games home and away as much as we could back then. Glamorous away trips to Port Vale away and Hull City away (Boothferry park) stand out as the grit and grime of following an awful City back then took a grip. 

Anyeay if if this can be passed on in anyway I would be grateful. Perhaps a minutes applause in the 48th minute? Just a thought as I know it is difficult but his family are devastated and something like that might just give them a moments cheer in a fashion

Up the City

genuinely gutted, will miss you Si

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Have posted this in the City v Chelsea thread also but please can anyone and everyone pass on if possible (thanks)

It’s a bit late for me to be posting this but just a thought about possibly having a minutes applause for a big City fan, my mate Simon who died at 48 years old at his home last night.

he used to go with me in the 80s and 90s to City games home and away as much as we could back then. Glamorous away trips to Port Vale away and Hull City away (Boothferry park) stand out as the grit and grime of following an awful City back then took a grip. 

Anyeay if if this can be passed on in anyway I would be grateful. Perhaps a minutes applause in the 48th minute? Just a thought as I know it is difficult but his family are devastated and something like that might just give them a moments cheer in a fashion

Up the City

I’ll clap at home bob, shall I do it on in the 46th minute to account for the inevitable delay in my stream? :D

RIP buddy.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Up the City

My condolences, 48 is no age. RIP. 

• Thanks 1