Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got a couple of packages delivered yesterday, signed for it then looked at the address of one of them and it's meant for someone else (not even a neighbour, it's in the next village down the A6). 

Would you wait for DPD to sort it out? Would they even contact you as the (incorrect) recipient considering they'd track where it was signed for? 

There's a mobile number on the package presumably for the intended recipient. Would you contact them to let them know? Would you wait for something to happen between intended recipient and DPD? 

So many questions! 

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a couple of packages delivered yesterday, signed for it then looked at the address of one of them and it's meant for someone else (not even a neighbour, it's in the next village down the A6). 

Would you wait for DPD to sort it out? Would they even contact you as the (incorrect) recipient considering they'd track where it was signed for? 

There's a mobile number on the package presumably for the intended recipient. Would you contact them to let them know? Would you wait for something to happen between intended recipient and DPD? 

So many questions! 

Open it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

So many questions! 

I'd probably ring the number on the package and arrange a time with them to drop it off at the right address (your good deed for the day :))

Don't think I'd bother getting DPD involved tbh

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'd probably ring the number on the package and arrange a time with them to drop it off at the right address (your good deed for the day :))

Don't think I'd bother getting DPD involved tbh

Would DPD get involved from their end though? I'd expect over the next couple of days the guy who it was meant to go to would complain to ASOS or DPD that their package hasn't arrived yet?

I thought about the first one to be honest from the 'good deed' perspective too.

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would DPD get involved from their end though? I'd expect over the next couple of days the guy who it was meant to go to would complain to ASOS or DPD that their package hasn't arrived yet?

I thought about the first one to be honest from the 'good deed' perspective too.

I'd imagine that as far as DPD are concerned, it's been signed for by the right person at the right address so it's job done in their eyes.

The reason I'd call the number and explain straight away is to save the guy the bother of contacting DPD and getting them involved tbh.

Just now, Izzy said:

I'd imagine that as far as DPD are concerned, it's been signed for by the right person at the right address so it's job done in their eyes.

The reason I'd call the number and explain straight away is to save the guy the bother of contacting DPD and getting them involved tbh.

They may want to take it up with DPD further for getting it wrong, though?

Is there some kind of data protection breach as well from DPD considering I can now see their mobile number and address etc?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is there some kind of data protection breach as well from DPD considering I can now see their mobile number and address etc?

I think you might be overthinking it mate :D

As long as they get their parcel quick (just go and drop it off now FFS lol) I doubt they'll be arsed to take it up with DPD

If it was me, I couldn't give a fvck if you've seen my mobile number or address - just give me my fvckin parcel!!!!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

They can still complain about data protection and the service (if they want to) as you'll obviously be the one dropping it off.

I'd get in touch as Izzy said and leave the rest to them.

Strange day at work today. Gypsies/travellers/Irish Cockwombles (not sure what the PC term is these days, I think it's Irish Cockwombles) have taken over the entire industrial estate I work on in Loughborough. Bailiffs have been to serve their notice, they're refusing to leave. Not sure what the next step is but I'm off work the next 2 days so I'm sad to know I won't be around to see it all kick off again in the morning

Edited by TiffToff88

Had a job interview this morning, I think it went well but it's hard to tell. It went quicker than I expected, hopefully because I gave them exactly what they were looking for without having to be prompted for more information, rather than they just couldn't wait to get rid of me ? I have since found out that I was recommended to the hiring manager too, so hopefully that will help. 

Now I've got the dreaded wait to find out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Had a job interview this morning, I think it went well but it's hard to tell. It went quicker than I expected, hopefully because I gave them exactly what they were looking for without having to be prompted for more information, rather than they just couldn't wait to get rid of me ? I have since found out that I was recommended to the hiring manager too, so hopefully that will help. 

The Chelsea job? Arsenal? Spurs? Man Utd? OH Leuven?

Good luck, anyway. Job interviews are a lottery. In the past, I'd always get rejected after interviews where I thought I'd done well and would get employed when I thought that I'd messed up! :D

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

So, the missus say’s, “can you level those wonky slabs on the patio?”

”Sure”, I said, “no problem”. 

WHY DID NO ONE STOP ME!!?

Narrow escape, Buce.

If you'd refused, you might have ended up under the patio with someone else leveling the wonky slabs..... ;)

36 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Narrow escape, Buce.

If you'd refused, you might have ended up under the patio with someone else leveling the wonky slabs..... ;)

I still might, Alf.

Getting them up wasn't a problem but what I didn't know was that when you remove a slab, it immediately grows half an inch wider than the hole it came out of.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Strange day at work today. Gypsies/travellers/Irish Cockwombles (not sure what the PC term is these days, I think it's Irish Cockwombles) have taken over the entire industrial estate I work on in Loughborough. Bailiffs have been to serve their notice, they're refusing to leave. Not sure what the next step is but I'm off work the next 2 days so I'm sad to know I won't be around to see it all kick off again in the morning

Think they have 28 days to move location after notice served. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think they have 28 days to move location after notice served. 

I think that depends if the notice is served by police or by Private Bailiffs working on behalf of the landowner (which is the case here)

I've since learned that the bailiffs will be back in the morning to actually remove the cars and caravans from the car park if they've not moved by then

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

I still might, Alf.

Getting them up wasn't a problem but what I didn't know was that when you remove a slab, it immediately grows half an inch wider than the hole it came out of.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!

I'm holding @leicsmac responsible for this - what's the point in having a physicist on the forum if he doesn't keep us up to date with the laws of physics?

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

As long as you didn't do either of these you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Which estate is that in loughborough? Theres an industrial estate round the corner, hoping it's not there, hate having travellers nearby.