Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

nah .... literally millions swim all the time... very very rare to be at risk, WA has... imo, the best beaches in the world, the coast line is stunning, golden sand and warm turquoise waters not swimming is almost a crime :)

We have just released a new bandage for snake bites, well worth getting for your first aid kit, designed to cover an entire limb in one and has a display to show how tight to pull it, very good idea indeed.

Image result for snake bite bandage

Also... get this on your phone for when you are here.... very helpful.... https://stjohnwa.com.au/online-resources/st-john-first-responder-app

Nice one, mate.

Presumably, the snake bite bandage is available in pharmacies?

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Nice one, mate.

Presumably, the snake bite bandage is available in pharmacies?

yep, most should carry it, let me know when you are here if you have any trouble... ive got plenty :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

nah .... literally millions swim all the time... very very rare to be at risk, WA has... imo, the best beaches in the world, the coast line is stunning, golden sand and warm turquoise waters not swimming is almost a crime :)

We have just released a new bandage for snake bites, well worth getting for your first aid kit, designed to cover an entire limb in one and has a display to show how tight to pull it, very good idea indeed.

Image result for snake bite bandage

Also... get this on your phone for when you are here.... very helpful.... https://stjohnwa.com.au/online-resources/st-john-first-responder-app

No better way to sell a vacation spot then talking about snake bite kits and an emergency aid app lol

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sharks are just water sloths to be fair.

They think the one underneath my daughter was a Bull Shark,I can see why the instructors wanted them in.

can you imagine.Seal shaped object,them jumping and thrashing about,you wouldn’t want to chance it.

She said in a weird way to be in that situation and the beach giving the sirens was a once in a lifetime experience ( probably not for the Aussies)

off on a boat for 4 days around the Whitsundays next week.

Thought the chances of that happening again are greatly reduced.

@ozleicester might say otherwise ?

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

They think the one underneath my daughter was a Bull Shark,I can see why the instructors wanted them in.

can you imagine.Seal shaped object,them jumping and thrashing about,you wouldn’t want to chance it.

She said in a weird way to be in that situation and the beach giving the sirens was a once in a lifetime experience ( probably not for the Aussies)

I’d have loved it to be fair lol not the nearly getting eaten alive part though. 

Tried to go cage diving with great whites in South Africa but only saw bronzers.

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d have loved it to be fair lol not the nearly getting eaten alive part though. 

Tried to go cage diving with great whites in South Africa but only saw bronzers.

Id love to do that. What an experience. 

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Bull sharks are 1 of the most aggressive sharks around. I’d of shat my pants 

Luckily she didn’t know any of this until afterwards.

She obviously doesn’t care,just messaged me to say loved every minute of Byron Bay.

Off to Brisbane now.

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Didn’t have the balls.

Whale watching was more my scene.

What a City Cape Town is though.

8 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

To be fair... ive been here for 40 years, spent hundreds of hours at beaches especially as a kid... Ive NEVER seen a shark while ive been at the beach, i honestly cant remember ever even having the alarm go off.

90% of beaches arent patrolled or covered by alarms so, seeing them is pretty rare. They have the spotter planes cruise  the coast just in case

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

To be fair... ive been here for 40 years, spent hundreds of hours at beaches especially as a kid... Ive NEVER seen a shark while ive been at the beach, i honestly cant remember ever even having the alarm go off.

90% of beaches arent patrolled or covered by alarms so, seeing them is pretty rare. They have the spotter planes cruise  the coast just in case

He now has fears of sharks just wandering down the high street while his daughter is drinking a Starbucks, what are you trying to do to the bloke?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He now has fears of sharks just wandering down the high street while his daughter is drinking a Starbucks, what are you trying to do to the bloke?

lol Starbucks, theyll take a limb quicker than a shark

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Spent the weekend in Stratford - still one of the nicest places in the country to visit.

Used to visit there a lot when we lived in Kenilworth, particularly the RSC as my other half loves the theatre. Would love to live there someday/ 

Confusing today.

Im in London for the weekend. There are more Liverpool fans here than Spurs. Although, I assume they have never been to Anfield.

Also, walking through Camden, I seen a bloke with a Leicester Badge tattoo'd on his calf, but wearing a Spuds shirt..? 

12 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Also, walking through Camden, I seen a bloke with a Leicester Badge tattoo'd on his calf, but wearing a Spuds shirt..? 

Maybe lost a bet in 2016?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Confusing today.

Im in London for the weekend. There are more Liverpool fans here than Spurs. Although, I assume they have never been to Anfield.

Don't be too harsh - it's the closest he's ever going to get to a trophy...

On 02/06/2019 at 12:24, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Don’t compare yourself to something you see on social media. 

I know plenty of people that if you didn’t know them and just went off there SM posts it looks like they have the perfect life. Nice cars, big house, 2 holidays a year. When in reality the cars are on 2 year leases, they struggle most months to afford the mortgage and the 2 holidays a year are both put on credit cards. 

The only form of social media I am on is twitter and I only use that for football really. I’m quite a private person so dislike having photos of myself & family on instagram & Facebook. 

Pretty much this. I dont have Facebook and life is  beautiful. Dont have to see fake stuff or articles about penis shrinking for us men with much larger than average penises.

Edited by Jattdogg