Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

You do think "if only" about the second set - if he'd got this done in straights he might have had time during the two days rest to get things at least close to right for the SF. Ah well.

Hopefully from here Fed gets his moment in the sun once more.

Possibly, but i doubt he would have been capable of winning it anyway. He clearly is in more pain now more than ever, it has finally got to him unfortunately.

This is incredibly depressing to watch. Something of a microcosm of his year, really. He's not scaled the heights but the illness and injury he's been dealing with hasn't really helped.

He's got a month until Montreal, but tbh it might not be a bad idea to take more than that as time off completely to make sure things are fixed.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Querrey has been absolutely magnificent; Murray fit might not have beaten him fully fit.

He'd have beaten him in 3 and definitely in 4 fully fit: he was a break ahead in each of the opening three sets. Querrey played much better than this when he took out Djoko last year, for instance.

Going to have an interesting new finalist, whatever happens!

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I like Marin, underrated grasscourter. Hope he does tbh.

You aren't the only one....half of this is mine...

Screenshot_2017-07-12-16-00-02.png

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP
Just now, leicsmac said:

Get the feeling one of Fed or Nole will have too much for him in a final, but best of luck to you!

I agree, will lay off in the final anyway. Assuming Fed or Nole are 2/5 is its just shy of a grand....

Although he's not beaten Gilles yet...

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

You aren't the only one....half of this is mine...

Screenshot_2017-07-12-16-00-02.png

Nice one, Fed and Nole are the form players, so can't see past them still. Cilic will make the winner at least though, so there is a chance and certainly a better one than at the start of the tournament. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Urgh the BBC. Could publish s book on Andy Murray excuses.

It's an interesting one Pabs, especially given Murrays own reticence about the topic. How much of this year has been poor form and how much of it has been due to the niggling injury and the bout of shingles?

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Urgh the BBC. Could publish s book on Andy Murray excuses.

It's pathetic isn't it. He would have lost to Fognini had he not kept breaking down mentally.

I do wish they would stop talking about a big four as well, Murray is a huge level down from them.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It's pathetic isn't it. He would have lost to Fognini had he not kept breaking down mentally.

I do wish they would stop talking about a big four as well, Murray is a huge level down from them.

huge level? wouldn't say that but certainly a step down from those which are considered the greatest ever yes. Tough to win tournaments and get to number one when you have three players like that. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

On his day he matches and has beaten them, but yeah - the number of Slams won speaks for itself. Is it really a disgrace to be just a bit away from three of the best players of all time, though?

Also, I'm amazed we haven't had ealingfox and buzzy in here for their yearly contribution yet.

24 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

On his day he matches and has beaten them, but yeah - the number of Slams won speaks for itself. Is it really a disgrace to be just a bit away from three of the best players of all time, though?

Also, I'm amazed we haven't had ealingfox and buzzy in here for their yearly contribution yet.

Murray is a great, the Big 3 are all time greats.

Murray should really have more than 3 grand slam titles though. I hope he can add a couple more to his collection before he retires. I know every tournament is won on merit, but really, his career deserves him to be separated from people like Wawrinka who also have 3.

• Like 2