Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

• 1 month later...

No Murray at the Aussie Open then, just confirmed he's out.

He released a sort of statement yesterday saying that surgery isn't guaranteed to sort the problem, but rest doesn't seem to be fixing it. Seems like even though it's not 100%, surgery is the way to go and if it doesn't work he's done.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

No Murray at the Aussie Open then, just confirmed he's out.

He released a sort of statement yesterday saying that surgery isn't guaranteed to sort the problem, but rest doesn't seem to be fixing it. Seems like even though it's not 100%, surgery is the way to go and if it doesn't work he's done.

Yeah, and that answers the question as to why he hasn't had it before - if it doesn't work his career is done, so it's a last resort.

Sounds like he doesn't have many other choices left, though.

Wondering if nasty Nick can do something myself just won Brisbane, home advantage,  but as Jim courier has pointed out he's got a tough draw.

I think Rog will win it, again, Sascha  will be the main man before long but still a bit to soon for me.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I've lo d t my interest at present in Tennis.

I followed it, massively well before any Britsh involvement..Federer is just brilliant..

but the last 2 yrs, just doesnt do it for me...

Thst doesnt mean I have lost respect for the top 5-10 players.I just find no great enjoyment .

Hard to see past Federer this year as he's the only one healthy enough.

The only player I could potentially see causing problems for him is Delpo if they meet in QF, other than that I don't see any real threats. The finalist from the top half, right now you'd have to favour Cilic.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hard to see past Federer this year as he's the only one healthy enough.

The only player I could potentially see causing problems for him is Delpo if they meet in QF, other than that I don't see any real threats. The finalist from the top half, right now you'd have to favour Cilic.

I'm hoping there's some mixing up this year. Would love to see Murray come back and win another but outside that I'd like to see a changing of the guard. Like you say we probably won't in Aus, but it'd be good to see a first title for Dimitrov or Zverev.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm hoping there's some mixing up this year. Would love to see Murray come back and win another but outside that I'd like to see a changing of the guard. Like you say we probably won't in Aus, but it'd be good to see a first title for Dimitrov or Zverev.

No Murray no party for me tbh, I'll take a passing interest but not much more.

Agree with you in that I'd like to see one of the new guard win this one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

As I said the other day it's the perfect opportunity for some of the Next Gen to step up.

If Dimitrov is to make it through that section of death then you'd have to favour him for the final, if he ends up meeting Federer though then you don't expect him to beat him. Zverev's time will come at some point but he's done bugger all in majors and as of now he isn't playing well enough.

Things will only get tough again when Nadal, Djokovic, Wawrinka and Raonic regain fitness, you have Nishikori to come back too, the door opened for the likes of Dimitrov and he was able to take advantage, it will be interesting to see if he can keep it up when the four I mentioned are fit and healthy enough.