Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

I've spent most of this thread discussing music I love.

So here's what I consider SHIT:

1. Stereophonics (awful, whining, banal, arse music)

2. Kanye West (never understood the fascination when there's so much better hip hop out there)

3. Coldplay (conveyor belt pop-rock, for the most part just dull)

4. Manu Chao (bored me to death when I saw him live, cheesy Euro-pap, ridiculous popularity discombobulates me)

5. P. Diddy (f**k off)

6. 50 Cent (and you)

There's so much more but I try to listen to music that I like as opposed to all the crap. If I spent an afternoon with Radio 1 I could probably list a dozen bands that I can't stand but as it is I'll try and limit my exposure to them.

I hate to pigeon hole music the people on here will no that I have a really eclectic taste and find it impossible to say that I hate one genre or the other

Music imo is about emotion and creating a reaction in you doesn't matter if it is Punk, Ska, Hip Hop, Alternative, Drum/Bass,Chillout or whatever other pigeon hole you can find good music is good music doesn't matter where it fits!

Saying that things I really hate are...

Major Labels who demand changes and force the artistic direction of a band

Pop music with no soul, balls, passion

Dave Pearce and his dance anthems shit

James Blunt

Coldplay

The Fratellis ( I mean come you have only ever wrote one good chorus and the rest of that song is utter shite)

Cock Rock (Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Poison and any other band where a prerequisite is having long permed hair)

Boy Bands, Girl Band any other "band" where members struggle to sing,play an instrument and never ever think of writing a song)

better stop there before I get carried away

I bloody hate Pearl Jam.

Someone else I never liked at all was Sade, who most of you fortunately won't be old enough to remember

Noooo you can't hate Pearl jam its not right.

Amazing guitarists, amazing melodic riffs, eddies incredible voice, meaningful lyrics, amazing live.

But each to his own. ^_^

lol

The godfather of the Europunk produces Euro-pap.

Brilliant. :D

I wanted to like him. I really did. But he ended EVERY song with 5 minutes of the same riff, the same drum beat, the same shouting. It just got incredibly dull. Shame really because I expected a lot more.

May try a couple of albums... although I would have thought he's the sort of guy best seen live.

I wanted to like him. I really did. But he ended EVERY song with 5 minutes of the same riff, the same drum beat, the same shouting. It just got incredibly dull. Shame really because I expected a lot more.

May try a couple of albums... although I would have thought he's the sort of guy best seen live.

I wouldn't - if you hate rifts being interwoven and revisited throughout tracks then that writes off all three of his best albums for you. A mi me gusto mucho, me encanta Manu Chao.

probably/hopefully already been mentioned but this new wave of really crap, tame indie that's all over the radios atm. Scouting for Girls and The Hoosiers especially. What absolute shite. Emotionless bollocks, all their songs sound exactly the same. Terrible.

Portishead- Total wank. And annoying with it. Whats wrong with that birds voice? Also, 3rd album took forever, because they were waiting for people to forget the first 2, which also sounded the same. C.R.A.P. OOOOH, they're so moody! Bollocks!

Portishead- Total wank. And annoying with it. Whats wrong with that birds voice? Also, 3rd album took forever, because they were waiting for people to forget the first 2, which also sounded the same. C.R.A.P. OOOOH, they're so moody! Bollocks!

You couldn't actually be any more wrong.

I asked my daughter if she could make a better sound than Portishead's 3rd using just a tray full of cutlery and a bottle with small stones in - amazingly she accomplished the task with ease.

I asked my daughter if she could make a better sound than Portishead's 3rd using just a tray full of cutlery and a bottle with small stones in - amazingly she accomplished the task with ease.

Blah blah.

I will admit that 3rd was disappointing. Although I like to think of it more as "challenging" myself. However I'm still waiting for it to all make sense... doubt that's going to happen and have kind of given up hope.

HOWEVER.

I will not let that detract from the first two albums. I defy anyone to buy the DVD of their live performance (with full orchestra) in New York and then tell me they are shit.

Can't believe this thread has reached 7 pages without any mention of Abba. :o:o:o

I have erased all memory of this so-called "ABBA".

Did i mention that Muse and Good Charlotte should go die?

Simple Plan can go with them. I've decided that only the pncy lead singer from Incubus need die.

Also - anything SUAS has ever played in his car.

I bet you like Steps though.

Did i mention that Muse and Good Charlotte should go die?

Simple Plan can go with them. I've decided that only the pncy lead singer from Incubus need die.

Also - anything SUAS has ever played in his car.

:laugh:

You loved that music!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived