Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Music you HATE/LOATHE/DETESTE/DEPLORE.

I've spent most of this thread discussing music I love.

So here's what I consider SHIT:

1. Stereophonics (awful, whining, banal, arse music)

2. Kanye West (never understood the fascination when there's so much better hip hop out there)

3. Coldplay (conveyor belt pop-rock, for the most part just dull)

4. Manu Chao (bored me to death when I saw him live, cheesy Euro-pap, ridiculous popularity discombobulates me)

5. P. Diddy (f**k off)

6. 50 Cent (and you)

There's so much more but I try to listen to music that I like as opposed to all the crap. If I spent an afternoon with Radio 1 I could probably list a dozen bands that I can't stand but as it is I'll try and limit my exposure to them.

I quite like this fella. :unsure:

But I agree with you with Fiddy and Diddy.

I just hate Camron and the whole ****ing Dimplomats, bunch of illiterate c*nts, the lot of them (yes, including Juelz Santana). Lil Wayne gets on my tits as well with that voice of his and his rapping style and flow is awful. It's alright when he does choruses but when he does verses on his own, then he's absolute cringe worthy.

Major generalisation here, but most of the generic radio crap nowadays. I'll happily listen to Radio One every now and again (now for example!), but every radio station clearly plays the same music from a playlist of about 15 songs that the whole country seem to idolise.

I like the odd few songs off the radio don't get me wrong but I don't like the way the country like pretty much anything that gets put on there, and I mean anything. I could probably pick a completely random song from my itunes that most people have never heard of and it could get to number one quickly if it was played enough times.

I'm finding it hard to pick a particular genre that I hate etc, because there's always an exception to every rule.

So my list of dislikes is quite random... and includes, but is not limited to:

Tina Turner (who I find repellant on many levels),

Music that takes a no-brainer sample from a TV show/80's chart hit and turns it into a Euro-dance nightmare. Sampling is an art form, when done cleverly. The theme tune to Baywatch over a tacky disco backing is shit. Kids should not be exposed to this tripe.

The Police & Sting - I just don't like him or his music.

Robert Miles - Children. It just offends me so much.

Amy Whinehouse.

The Cha Cha Slide. It makes me want to exfoliate my ears with a cheesegrater.

Whispering Bob Harris. Someone's got to hate him. I nominate me.

Usher. I've got nothing against R'n'B. It's just that the day that he makes a record I like will be the day hell freezes over.

Shock Rock. Absolute bellends.

Cerys Matthews. Apart from her inntensely irritating voice, I can't believe the way she's become some sort of middle-aged tabloid milfslag. Have some self-respect, you dismal trollope.

MP3/WMA/ETC. Ban them and make everybody buy/shoplift/copy actual physical music. I like having stuff. I can't look at a download.

Christmas Number Ones Since 1988.

The bloke that does the musc quiz at our local. You dull, racist idiot. Ever heard of punk? Every heard of anything sung by a non-white person? Take your stupid Elvis Presley and stick it up your arse.

Elvis Presley.

Frank Sinatra. Yes, Frank Cocking Sinatra. Overrated or what? What everyone just scared of him or something? Utterly mediocre singer.

People who do Sinatra on karaoke. Rubbish, sorry.

MTV Channel. Slags. (MTV2 = ok)

Everything Madonna has released in the last 10 years. She's like musical Play Dough.

Michael MacDonald. It's weird. I'm in the car, I risk a little commercial radio. They play Michael MacDonald. I vomit. Every time.

Football-related songs. It's time to 'fess up. Even World In Motion is crap, really.

Blunt. He's capable of the odd good tune and is probably a swell guy who's nice to his mum, but he should never be excused that song.

I quite like this fella. :unsure:

But I agree with you with Fiddy and Diddy.

I just hate Camron and the whole ****ing Dimplomats, bunch of illiterate c*nts, the lot of them (yes, including Juelz Santana). Lil Wayne gets on my tits as well with that voice of his and his rapping style and flow is awful. It's alright when he does choruses but when he does verses on his own, then he's absolute cringe worthy.

I'm dissapointed in you.

Lil Waynes flow is probably his best characteristic besides his workrate, i quite like his voice when hes using it on an emotional song too.

:(

It makes me want to exfoliate my ears with a cheesegrater.

Can I please use this phrase?

Thank you.

I beg your pardon!?

I never promised you a rose garden? :dunno:

• 1 month later...
I think I missed that one mate.

:unsure:

To be honest I'm not sure I've ever heard any "bassline" or "niche". I have successfully managed to let some genres pass me by - chiefly country music, free-jazz and happy hardcore. I'll add this to the list. I assume it's the bollocks that kids play on their mobile phones on the top deck of buses? (DJ Rubbish featuring MC Useless as my Dad refers to it)

I'm stopping now, I sound like an Oasis fan.

To be honest I'm not sure I've ever heard any "bassline" or "niche". I have successfully managed to let some genres pass me by - chiefly country music, free-jazz and happy hardcore. I'll add this to the list. I assume it's the bollocks that kids play on their mobile phones on the top deck of buses? (DJ Rubbish featuring MC Useless as my Dad refers to it)

Its not quite on Happy Hardcores level.

But its pretty bad all the same.

You missed happy hardcore? You missed OUT.

Archived