Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You guys are aware that the fella has to do his best for the client whether its what he thinks or not?

Edit: Of course you're not. Just remembered where I am.

Of course I get it's his job, but at what point does a defense barrister just say "**** it, this guy really is that bad". 

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

At the point that he doesn't want to work any longer; probably be struck off and bring shame on his legacy as well as presumably opening himself up to be sued by the defendant's loved ones?

You need to learn that there is a difference between professional opinion and personal opinion; and then learn that there is a distinction to be made between any 'opinion' and any 'stated position/opinion'.

I can't believe I've just typed all that out. Its all just a jumble of letters to you lot isn't it? You can't work out why a 'bad man' isn't just 'thrown behind bars forever' and let that be that.

Clearly the guy is a nasty piece of work; but this is just due process. Get worked up about his acts; don't get worked up about his paid, professional counsel doing their duty to defend his case as best as they can.

Me neither lad. Take all this venting far too seriously. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

At the point that he doesn't want to work any longer; probably be struck off and bring shame on his legacy as well as presumably opening himself up to be sued by the defendant's loved ones?

You need to learn that there is a difference between professional opinion and personal opinion; and then learn that there is a distinction to be made between any 'opinion' and any 'stated position/opinion'.

I can't believe I've just typed all that out. Its all just a jumble of letters to you lot isn't it? You can't work out why a 'bad man' isn't just 'thrown behind bars forever' and let that be that.

Clearly the guy is a nasty piece of work; but this is just due process. Get worked up about his acts; don't get worked up about his paid, professional counsel doing their duty to defend his case as best as they can.

I think you're more foolish for thinking we think there's no difference :dunno:

I understand about the due process of law, and everyone is entitled to their defence and his barrister is just "doing his best" for his client - which in this case, would be anything less than a whole life term.

Normally I'd be pretty reluctant to comment on an ongoing trial, at least until it's conclustion - but in this case they guy has admitted what he did and in a thread entitled "absolute cvnts of our time" I guess most of the disgust aimed at Couzens is totally justified.

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I understand about the due process of law, and everyone is entitled to their defence and his barrister is just "doing his best" for his client - which in this case, would be anything less than a whole life term.

Normally I'd be pretty reluctant to comment on an ongoing trial, at least until it's conclustion - but in this case they guy has admitted what he did and in a thread entitled "absolute cvnts of our time" I guess most of the disgust aimed at Couzens is totally justified.

Let's just hope he spends everyday in absolute misery.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yes yes you're very smart and understand things beyond everyone else's grasp :rolleyes:

Did you not find it odd that people acted with surprise that his professional counsel had offered a defence; y'know, like their professional duty obliges them to do?

43 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Did you not find it odd that people acted with surprise that his professional counsel had offered a defence; y'know, like their professional duty obliges them to do?

I find it more odd that you saw one person express their disagreement with the line of argument and went on a tirade against the forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm flattered that you follow me around and all; but maybe pop me on ignore?

I was replying to your message to me...

If you can't handle being questioned then maybe take your own advice here imo

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I was replying to your message to me...

If you can't handle being questioned then maybe take your own advice here imo

I can handle being questioned.

Just amused that you follow me around and always take the polar opposite view/position to me. Its a bit needy and weird.

I could say the sky is blue and you'd jump at the chance to tell me exactly how pink or yellow or green it is. Any colour but blue.