Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

46 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Oh yeah without a doubt, I just thought it smacked more of despair rather than complete heartlessness :dunno:

That was my instinct, too. I wonder if it was some sort of personal/psychological crisis, stress, unhappiness or "cry for help".

Someone who was going to heartlessly and rationally abuse the situation to benefit personally would surely have used the card to buy herself something more than a few cheap snacks - upsetting as I'm sure it was for family of the deceased?

Bottles thrown at Nottinghamshire officers treating stabbed man
Published21 hours ago

Crowds gather
Crowds gathering in the area could be seen from a police drone

Police officers were injured during an illegal street party and bottles were thrown at them as they gave first aid to a man who was stabbed.

One officer was bitten after hundreds of people "swarmed" the streets of Basford in Nottingham, with some seen defecating in public.

People living nearby said the party was going on for at least seven hours on Saturday afternoon and evening.

The stabbing is being treated as attempted murder, police said.

One woman living nearby said she first heard the party at about 15:00 BST.

"It became quickly clear people were arriving by car travelling into the area, parking in surrounding streets, [and we] felt literally hundreds of people swarming around our streets," she said.

'Community needs answers'
"People getting to the party were jumping over a large fence at the bottom of the cul-de-sac. People were drinking in the street and it was still going on at 9pm. We saw people defecating in the street."

"We are a community that needs answers today as to why people thought it was OK to drive into our community, create anti-social behaviour and why was it not deescalated," she said.

Nottinghamshire Police said the 18-year-old man was stabbed at about 22:00, and he was taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The force said the party was advertised on social media and organised by a group suspected to be living in Bramble Close.

They said the gathering was initially contained but more people arrived as the evening went on, including some who travelled from outside Nottinghamshire.

Some broke through nearby gardens in an attempt to get to the party, officers said. Police dogs, a police drone and the police helicopter were all deployed.

Supt Mat Healey said it was a "brutal stabbing" in the midst of a "mob of people".

"Covid-19 regulations prohibit large gatherings, as we are still in the grip of the pandemic," he added.

He said it was "appalling" for officers to come under attack as they gave first aid, and three of them were injured.

Police made several arrests, including a 21-year-old man on suspicion of possession of a knife.

A 22-year-old man was arrested for having two knives in his possession, and also on suspicion of assaulting the officer arresting him.

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Antivaxxers.

Inter Milan have had to confirm Eriksen hasn’t had a COVID vaccine and hasn’t had COVID because these cvnts are trying to convince people he’d had the Pfizer. 

It doesn't surprise me in the least that a group like anti vaxxers would attempt to use the near death experience of a famous professional footballer to score points for their cause.

Treating deaths that aren't their own trivially is what they're all about, after all.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Antivaxxers.

Inter Milan have had to confirm Eriksen hasn’t had a COVID vaccine and hasn’t had COVID because these cvnts are trying to convince people he’d had the Pfizer. 

Will now be accepted fact across certain sections of society ….. many people don’t bother with follow up stuff. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Good argument for the death penalty

could you bring it in retrospectively - i mean, how many will please guilty if they know that will happen ?

we really dont need to be paying for lowlife scum like him to be alive for any longer than ten seconds ............ 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

could you bring it in retrospectively - i mean, how many will please guilty if they know that will happen ?

we really dont need to be paying for lowlife scum like him to be alive for any longer than ten seconds ............ 

Evidence shows it costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive for the rest of their natural life.  Also frankly it has to be worse being locked up than dead.

• Like 1

Sentencing is going to be really difficult with this man. Looking at what he’s done, I believe that he would likely have become a serial killer if not caught quickly as he was. I don’t see how he can ever not be a danger to the public. But do we have necessary laws and judgements to give him a true life sentence?

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Sentencing is going to be really difficult with this man. Looking at what he’s done, I believe that he would likely have become a serial killer if not caught quickly as he was. I don’t see how he can ever not be a danger to the public. But do we have necessary laws and judgements to give him a true life sentence?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really ??? 

what are we using to execute?  A diamond encrusted bullet ???

Many many people believe it is wrong, and even in the US states where it is allowed, they face multiple legal challenges usually taking upwards of 10 years before they finally execute. 

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Evidence shows it costs more to execute someone than to keep them alive for the rest of their natural life.  Also frankly it has to be worse being locked up than dead.

How's that then?

Bit of leccy & a last meal, cant come to more than £50.

• Like 1