Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm judging nobody who writes here, but I often wonder if talking about this stuff here does any of us any good. 

Don't get me wrong, the case being discussed is sickening, and I don't doubt your collective sincerity in what you all say. I also defend your right to do so, but I think that sometimes we enjoy the spectacle of such horrors - somewhat like traffic slowing to inspect an accident. 

I apologise if this gets backs up, genuinely. The world can be dreadful enough, this thread just happens to reinforce that point at times. 

It does. I get no jollys from listening to Arthur say nobody loves me or reading about the horrific circumstances of his life. Nor did I get get any jollys from posting about this poor girl below. it behoves us all to intervene if we can, to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

Amina Agboola

10 minutes ago, Steven said:

It does. I get no jollys from listening to Arthur say nobody loves me or reading about the horrific circumstances of his life. Nor did I get get any jollys from posting about this poor girl below. it behoves us all to intervene if we can, to protect those that cannot protect themselves.

Amina Agboola

Don't get me wrong, intervention is crucial. But it saddens me that to intervene is to often put one's self in grave danger. 

I really wasn't suggesting you or anyone gets off on it, it was meant to be a broader point about society and it was difficult to word correctly. So please accept my apology for that at the very least. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It's strange how even all the people in prison for god knows what (presumably some pretty grim stuff if it's the same one as these two), still have a fairly mutual hatred reserved for those special cvnts that abuse/kill children. 

Guilt deflection and self righteousness. You're not as bad as people think if someone else appears worse (at the time of the offence) than you. Nonces get attacked by others that have committed crimes against children and by doing so it gives them a sense of justice in that they feel they're "punishing" the latest offender to land in their nick. It also diverts attention away from themselves and thereby avoids attacks on them. Someone else will get the shit they got. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Why does everything have to become a situation where somebody has to be blamed?  

I'm sure the professionals involved will be sick to their stomach.  Maybe they've saved many other lives before this.  Maybe they've worked long, stressful days, making life changing decisions, whilst juggling twice as many cases as they should.  Maybe they're trying their best to make a difference in heart breakingly bad situations, with limited resource and pitiful pay.

Of course, there will rightfully be an investigation to see what lessons can be learned, but until there is evidence of negligence by the professionals involved, anything said is likely to be wide of the mark.

Let's be honest, there are only two people responsible for this horrific crime, and those two scumbags are exactly where they deserve to be.  Let's not make remarks insinuating that it's anything else and let's actually give some support to those who step up to make a difference in a vital but under resourced essential service.

Agreed re the remarks aren’t particularly helpful but the poor fella has been let down horrendously by all involved. 

There is clear negligence and that is utterly unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Why does everything have to become a situation where somebody has to be blamed?  

I'm sure the professionals involved will be sick to their stomach.  Maybe they've saved many other lives before this.  Maybe they've worked long, stressful days, making life changing decisions, whilst juggling twice as many cases as they should.  Maybe they're trying their best to make a difference in heart breakingly bad situations, with limited resource and pitiful pay.

Of course, there will rightfully be an investigation to see what lessons can be learned, but until there is evidence of negligence by the professionals involved, anything said is likely to be wide of the mark.

Let's be honest, there are only two people responsible for this horrific crime, and those two scumbags are exactly where they deserve to be.  Let's not make remarks insinuating that it's anything else and let's actually give some support to those who step up to make a difference in a vital but under resourced essential service.

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed re the remarks aren’t particularly helpful but the poor fella has been let down horrendously by all involved. 

There is clear negligence and that is utterly unacceptable. 

So we should just accept that mistakes are made due to infrastructure issues?

Slippery slope and thats why some agencies will almost get away with any wrongdoings.

I feel more the grandmum who highlighted this to the social services on many times and nothing was done.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

So we should just accept that mistakes are made due to infrastructure issues?

Slippery slope and thats why some agencies will almost get away with any wrongdoings.

I feel more the grandmum who highlighted this to the social services on many times and nothing was done.

Not at all, what’s gone on is utterly unacceptable like I stated above. 

Such a sad story, the more you read the worse it gets. Heartbreaking

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Just read about this and want to forget it instantly. there's nothing you can really say that hasn't been said and no slur or insult strong enough for the 2 of them. Frankly, a big part of me hopes they both die in prison.

... slowly and as painfully as possible please.

What REALLY annoys me about this story re the wee lad is all the people who have spoken up in court about seeing various things that never came forward earlier. If your in someones house/their in yours for several hours doing your hair and that entire time the wee boy is forced to face a wall to the point where you feel the need to sneak him water, then surely you say something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Like Raj says, infrastructure in many sectors is falling to bits. It’s not even neglect, it’s the active degradation of the services we rely on, having their capacity, staff and funding slashed to such an extent that it can’t cover what is needed and then cases like this fall through the cracks. 

Take mental health services for example. 25% fewer beds available than in 2010. My friends mum works in the sector (generally with rehabilitation) and back in 2015 she told me her team had been cut from 11 to 2, with the same workload. I bumped into her recently and she had just retired early because she hated what it has become so much. 10 years ago they were able to support people for 3 years - these were vulnerable people with extreme mental health issues who may be a danger to themselves and others. That’s been cut year after year due to funding and staff shortages, and now they have two weeks. Two weeks in which to support and rehabilitate vulnerable people. It’s no wonder people fall through the cracks.

Jake Davison, the shooter in Plymouth this summer, was referred to the authorities over concerns over his mental health before COVID but nothing was followed up. During COVID, he received some phone support, while at the same time having his gun license renewed. I don’t want to defend or excuse him, his beliefs or his actions, but to me he is a prime example of a massive failure of social services, caused by this government, as is Arthur. 

Imagine being a health visitor like Benguins wife knowing you can’t offer vulnerable people the best possible service because you don’t have enough staff, resources or even time?

I have become increasingly infuriated by the lack of support for those suffering MH issues and maybe this should go in the Depression topic but, our 29yr old daughter has been sectioned 3 times in 8 years. She has BPD level 3, (quite severe), she suffers quite acute, but manageable, episodes of depression. About 6 months ago she stood on a rail track waiting for a train. We called the police, they were excellent and she had already got away from the line when they arrived. She was taken by them to the EPAU (emergency psychiatric assessment unit) at Glenfield. Subsequently discharged because she assured them, during her assessment, that it wasn't going to be an "actual" attempt on her own life. The psych team referred her to the Crisis team. It took 5 days for them to contact her. Since then she's only had telephone consultations as a result of which her meds were changed. That's all. 

MH and social care, of all aspects, is a seriously underfunded Cinderella part of the NHS. Shameful.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I have become increasingly infuriated by the lack of support for those suffering MH issues and maybe this should go in the Depression topic but, our 29yr old daughter has been sectioned 3 times in 8 years. She has BPD level 3, (quite severe), she suffers quite acute, but manageable, episodes of depression. About 6 months ago she stood on a rail track waiting for a train. We called the police, they were excellent and she had already got away from the line when they arrived. She was taken by them to the EPAU (emergency psychiatric assessment unit) at Glenfield. Subsequently discharged because she assured them, during her assessment, that it wasn't going to be an "actual" attempt on her own life. The psych team referred her to the Crisis team. It took 5 days for them to contact her. Since then she's only had telephone consultations as a result of which her meds were changed. That's all. 

MH and social care, of all aspects, is a seriously underfunded Cinderella part of the NHS. Shameful.

That's sad and true.

Heard from a staff member on my LRI ward that the LRI management committee are thinking about creating a dedicated mental health unit at the site.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

That's sad and true.

Heard from a staff member on my LRI ward that the LRI management committee are thinking about creating a dedicated mental health unit at the site.

I really hope they can do something. In my view, both from professional and personal experience, there needs to be a dedicated emergency MHU, not just an "assessment unit", but one where people suffering a crisis can be admitted for their own safety. This, in itself would take some pressure off A&E. Seems a no brainer to me but I don't manage the budget.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

I really hope they can do something. In my view, both from professional and personal experience, there needs to be a dedicated emergency MHU, not just an "assessment unit", but one where people suffering a crisis can be admitted for their own safety.

We have two patients on our ward who are meant to be at the Bradgate Unit, but that Unit is apparently in high-demand at present and some medical wards like ours are having to temporarily deal with patients who are not really meant to be on the ward.

I certainly concur with you, here; especially when MH seems like it has very much affected many people during the pandemic in particular.

Just now, Wymsey said:

We have two patients on our ward who are meant to be at the Bradgate Unit, but that Unit is apparently in high-demand at present and some medical wards like ours are having to temporarily deal with patients who are not really meant to be on the ward.

I certainly concur with you, here; especially when MH seems like it has very much affected many people during the pandemic in particular.

Our daughter has been on the Bradgate. It's awful. Very little interaction with staff or so-called support, no stimulating activities. There are some but it's needlework or painting or talking groups. It works for some but most of those I met whilst visiting my daughter need more than that. They needed human interaction with someone who actually understood them rather than a nurse who'd done a course. There were a couple of nurses that actually did engage and try to support, but generally, it was about if you want a hot drink, there's the kitchen, if you want a smoke let us know and we'll let you go outside. If someone steals your toiletries, we'll have a look on the CCTV. Bollocks will they.

• Like 1

I read about poor Arthur’s story weeks ago. Why is it only now making the headlines? I remember when I read about it and I was close to tears. It is just unbelievable that they would treat an innocent child like that. And for the fella it is his son! Wtf I hope he gets ****ed up and killed asap in prison.

• Like 1