Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Saw Greenday last night... ****ing AWESOME... they are in UK  later in the year I highly highly recommend The revolution Radio show.

Billy Joe is a born performer, bringing life to a very staid Perth Arena. Highpowered pulsating show... if you like Green Day, youll love the tour.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

What Jam and Style Council did he do?

If I remember correctly The Jam ones were 'Ghosts', 'Man in the corner shop', 'Monday', 'Start', and Style Council songs were 'Have you ever had it blue' and 'My ever changing moods'.  He also did some of his best solo stuff, 'Wild Wood', 'Changing man', 'Hung up', 'Peacock suit', 'Friday Street',' You do something to me' etc...

51 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If I remember correctly The Jam ones were 'Ghosts', 'Man in the corner shop', 'Monday', 'Start', and Style Council songs were 'Have you ever had it blue' and 'My ever changing moods'.  He also did some of his best solo stuff, 'Wild Wood', 'Changing man', 'Hung up', 'Peacock suit', 'Friday Street',' You do something to me' etc...

Brand new start? 

40 minutes ago, baker11 said:

The Twang are playing their debut album 10 years after release in full on a winter tour. I will be doing the Sheffield date.

ITS IN HIS NAYYYYCHYAAA AN MISBYAYVYAA AN MISDEMEEEEENUUUUUHS

EDIT - just had a look and seen the Leicester date is a Sat night before Crimbo, that is definitely a goer

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 2

On 05/05/2017 at 23:11, purpleronnie said:

Just back from seeing Bob Dylan, pretty disappointing gig.

I was there too. I went with very low expectations so didn't leave feeling disappointed, truth be told I went there predominately to actually just see the legend that is Bob Dylan. 

I was surprised however that there wasn't even a hello or goodbye (upon leaving I was told by a stranger I got chatting to that that is entirely normal from Bob), but the biggest shame was that he didn't once pick up the guitar that sat to the right of the stage. A blast on the harmonica would have been nice too. 

On the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I could barely understand a word he sang all night and didn't recognise the vast majority of the songs. 

Edited by silebyboy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, silebyboy said:

I was there too. I went with very low expectations so didn't leave feeling disappointed, truth be told I went there predominately to actually just see the legend that is Bob Dylan. 

I was was surprised however that there wasn't even a hello or goodbye (upon leaving I was told by a stranger I got chatting to that that is entirely normal from Bob), but the biggest shame was that he didn't once pick up the guitar that sat to the right of the stage. A blast on the harmonica would have been nice too. 

On on the whole, I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I could barely understand a word he sang all night and didn't recognise the vast majority of the songs. 

Looks like we went for the same reasons.

I also went with low expectations and just to see one of the few legends in music.

That said I wasn't expecting him to not play the guitar at all, and the old songs were unrecognizable to the original, I knew he changes them, he has right from the 60's but I was still hoping for something true to the original or at least close.

I'm glad I've seen him though.

I think the fans had more fun outside listening to the busker do Dylan songs.:)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like we went for the same reasons.

I also went with low expectations and just to see one of the few legends in music.

That said I wasn't expecting him to not play the guitar at all, and the old songs were unrecognizable to the original, I knew he changes them, he has right from the 60's but I was still hoping for something true to the original or at least close.

I'm glad I've seen him though.

I think the fans had more fun outside listening to the busker do Dylan songs.:)

I had to look at the set list this morning to find out what songs I'd been listening to and was very surprised to see that he'd sung a couple of very well known songs which I was completely unaware of the previous night. Duquesne Whistle and Desolation Row where about the only songs I recognised on the night. 

I heard about the busker but but didn't see or hear anything on the night which is a shame, he/she seemed to be very well received. 

1 hour ago, silebyboy said:

I had to look at the set list this morning to find out what songs I'd been listening to and was very surprised to see that he'd sung a couple of very well known songs which I was completely unaware of the previous night. Duquesne Whistle and Desolation Row where about the only songs I recognised on the night. 

I heard about the busker but but didn't see or hear anything on the night which is a shame, he/she seemed to be very well received. 

http://www.nottinghampost.com/bob-dylan-busker-outside-nottingham-s-motorpoint-arena-was-better-than-the-real-thing/story-30316260-detail/story.html

:D

I went as well, I mean it's bob Dylan one of the greatest songwriters of all time, I also had very low expectations seeng Dylan in 2017 is probably never going to meet your expectations.

what you really want to see is a mid 20's Dylan armed with nothing but a guitar and a harmonica trying to change the world.

sadly what you get is a 70 something year old Dylan backed by a swing band doing some questionable versions of classic songs. That version of blowing in the wind for the encore was terrible.

that said he is still one of the all time greats

Managed to nab one the final tickets for Everything Everything at Rescue Rooms, Nottingham

only 500 people in a tiny venue... taking my 14 year old boy with me as he's a big fan

should be good!

• Like 1

On 09/05/2017 at 17:43, ScouseFox said:

theme park in leeds leeds leeds on fri should be #dece 

this wor dece as expected. was aba 20 people there an we were half of them. had a bloody DANCE. 

Off to Slam Dunk in Birmingham on Saturday. Should be a laugh.

Some old school flashbacks to my yoot with Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Mad Caddies etc.

Enter Shikari headlining doing a Take to the Skies anniversary tour. lol

Okay, time for plan b!