Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 6/13/2017 at 18:28, Cruss5 said:

Any good?

I wanted to go but my wife was working and the kids would of complained.  I sat in the back garden with a beer and a fire whilst listening to them.  Not as good as being there though

Amazing, such a tight live band who are all absolutely involved when performing. Bass levels were a little high and the crowd was pretty poor. One of their strengths is a receptive crowd who actually know the songs to see all with. You must live pretty close as the sound doesn't travel round newport like it used too.

On 6/16/2017 at 21:08, IOWFOX said:

Amazing, such a tight live band who are all absolutely involved when performing. Bass levels were a little high and the crowd was pretty poor. One of their strengths is a receptive crowd who actually know the songs to see all with. You must live pretty close as the sound doesn't travel round newport like it used too.

Not far from earl mountbatten.  Wasn't the best of sounds but just hear it.  I heard a few people say beforehand that they didn't want to watch them.  But what i've seen of them they are a fantastic live band

23 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

Got tickets for tomorrow night - have a good 'un!

Decent show but the arena is very steep and we were up high

Don't bother getting there for the warm up. It's a dj mate of theirs and he is awful. 

Leeds is a decent place for a beer too. There is a stone roses bar we popped into after. Beware it is very very small and packed 

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Decent show but the arena is very steep and we were up high

Don't bother getting there for the warm up. It's a dj mate of theirs and he is awful. 

Leeds is a decent place for a beer too. There is a stone roses bar we popped into after. Beware it is very very small and packed 

Thanks. Yes, very steep but a good venue, great sound system. We're standing anyway, out in Leeds at the moment.

Been in Leeds for the last 20 years, yes it's a great place for beers! 

You don't need my advice on bars etc then ?

One thing to note is the queues at the middle level bars were far shorter than the top level. Also when we arrived the queues to get in were massive. Go to the far queues they seemed to move quicker

On 2017-5-24 at 14:05, Finnegan said:

Off to Slam Dunk in Birmingham on Saturday. Should be a laugh.

Some old school flashbacks to my yoot with Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Mad Caddies etc.

Enter Shikari headlining doing a Take to the Skies anniversary tour. lol

Okay, time for plan b!

What did you think to it? I really wanted to go but had other stuff planned before I realised the date.

I suspect we would've been watching different bands but I have seen Less Than Jake and they're great craic.

I've just bought tickets for Neck Deep in Newcastle in October and Basement in Manchester in December.

6 hours ago, ajthefox said:

What did you think to it? I really wanted to go but had other stuff planned before I realised the date.

I suspect we would've been watching different bands but I have seen Less Than Jake and they're great craic.

I've just bought tickets for Neck Deep in Newcastle in October and Basement in Manchester in December.

It was alright. Pretty much what I was expecting really, budget festival with a few tidy bands.

Shikari were very good.

On 21/06/2017 at 16:01, Wakeyfox said:

Thanks. Yes, very steep but a good venue, great sound system. We're standing anyway, out in Leeds at the moment.

Been in Leeds for the last 20 years, yes it's a great place for beers! 

Rumour has it this tour is the end. Hope you enjoyed DJ Phil ?

6 hours ago, FLAN said:

Rumour has it this tour is the end. Hope you enjoyed DJ Phil ?

I could have done a better job than him...

Thought they sounded great, on top form really. Think it may be the last tour until the next one!

Got a few in the pipeline that are a bit of a variety.

Going to watch The Roots at The Jazz Cafe on July 2nd, should be decent.

In October I'm seeing Reverend & The Makers at the Electric Ballroom, always class live.

The one I'm really excited about, albeit in March next year is seeing The Modfather himself at The o2. Never seen Paul Weller live before, absolutely buzzing.

Everything Everyhting were amazing in the rescue rooms... 500 people and some class stuff to come out on their new album

leftfield and Pixies at Bluedot on Friday

The National (massively underrated band)  in Manc September 

did anyone see the Hot 8 brass band on Sunday - would love to have seen them

Edited by Wolfox

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One of my favourite bands who I've never managed to see, new stuff is sounding class as per. Really wanna get to the inevitable LCD Soundsystem tour as well.

Missed out on LCDs last tour....  really looking forward to the National - so many good albums and always sound fresh

GARY NUMAN TICKETS

• SHARE >
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Menu

Tickets

Latest

Trending

Just Announced

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Get the App! Download for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android devices.

app-store.svg google-play-official.png

This service is managed by See on behalf of SJM Concerts. All images used with the permission of the promoters, the artists and their representatives.

Information is correct at time of publishing. Bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of the promoters and See.

View our Sitemap | Data Protection | Cookie Policy

Going to Rock City on the 7th. Last time it was a Saturday I had to sit listening to the Leicester game  on my phone in a pub full of Forest fans who weren't at theirs. I imagine it'll be much the same.