Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Yeovil Player Ratings

On the coach coming back from the game

Martin - 6

Gilbert - 7

Hobbs - 7

Morrison - 8*

Berner - 7

Oakley - 5

King - 6

Davies - 7

Dyer - 6

Fryatt - 6

Howard - 7

Mattock - 7

Cleverley - n/a

TV verdict:

=======

Martin 7

Gilbert 6

Morrison 7.5

Hobbs 7

Berner 6

Oakley 6

Davies 7.5 (Hand in the first goal)

King 6.5

Dyer 6

Howard 7.75

Fryatt 6

Sub:

Cleverley 6.25 (His assist helped us clinch the game and looked competent otherwise).

Mattock 7.25 (Excellent first goal for the club and clincher in the match).

TV ratings

Martin 7

Gilbert 7

Morrison 7

Hobbs 8

Berner 6

Oakley 6

Davies 8

King 6

Dyer 6

Howard 7

Fryatt 6

Sub:

Cleverley 6 (looks decent player )

Mattock 7

Tricky, couldn't see owt of us attacking first half really.

Martin 7

Gilbert 6

Berner 5

Hobbs 7

Morrison 7

Oakley 5

Dyer 5

King 7

Davies 7

Fryatt 6

Howard 6

Mattock 7

Cleverley not on long but looks really, really good.

Obviously I can only comment on watching from sky. I thought Martin had a pretty decent game, catching seemed second nature to the lad. king seemed very quiet first half, as did Oakley. I think we would be more prolific with more natural pace out on the right.

Howard had a really good game, and you can see that from the touches, passes and positioning he made, he is a superb link up and team player, something we have missed (prior to this season)for a long, long time.

I actually thought Bruno Berner had a very good game for us last night, but it hasn't shown in others ratings. Really thought he provided us with a touch of experience.

Martin - 7

Gilbert - 7

Hobbs - 6.5

Morrison - 8

Berner - 7

Oakley - 6

Davies - 8*

King - 7

Dyer - 6

Fryatt - 6

Howard - 7

Subs:

Mattock - 7

Cleverley - 6

From Huish Park:

Martin - 7

Gilbert - 8

Berner - 5

Morrison - 7

Hobbs - 7

Oakley - 5

Dyer - 6

Davies - 8

King - 7

Howard - 8

Fryatt - 7

Mattock - 7

Damn net got in the way a fair bit.

Berner was caught in possession too much and Oakley was not on his passing game, hence the low marks.

Martin - 7

Gilbert - 7

Hobbs - 7

Morrison - 7.5

Berner - 7

Oakley - 6

King - 7

Davies - 8 MOTM

Dyer - 6

Fryatt - 6.5

Howard - 7.5

Subs:

Mattock - 7

Cleverly looked a very good player when he came on, some nice touches.

Same,just with Dyer a 7 as well.

Spitting distance from Super Steve at Huish

Martin - 7

Gilbert - 7

Berner - 6

Morrison - 7

Hobbs - 7

Oakley - 7

Dyer - 6

Davies - 8

King - 7

Howard - 8

Fryatt - 6

Mattock - 7

I thought Martin looked good apart from his kicking and the defence was much more solid than I feared it might be...but Yeovil were hardly "good".

Davies was superb, Oakley harried well and linked play well, King can do little wrong for me these days while Dyer is screaming for a rest.

Howard was immense, full of running and effort - exploding with emotion...and Matteh looks like last season's Fryatt.

no idea , i was watching midsomer murders

Inspector Barnaby-9

Cully-6

Mrs Barnaby-7

Sargeant Jones-7.5

Cully's boyfriend 5

Dr Bullard-6

Lonely spinster-7

Ranting farmer-8

Pub landlord-8

Illegitimate daughter-6

Unsuspected murderer-8

Watched on TV with a night to think about it so expect generous ratings

Martin - 7 - not asked to do much but did most with aplom

Gilbert - 8 - Got forward well, which is important when Oakley's patrolling the right flank

Hobbs - 7 - Did most of what he was asked but felt Morrison was the better of the two hence...

Morrison - 8

Bruner - 7 - He does look dodgy at times, but he didn't do anything overly dodgy in this game

Oakley - 7- Did alright, but should have at least tested the keeper with his chance

King - 8 - Popped the ball round well and worked hard defensively. I noticed him as oppsed to some games where I've forgotten he's been playing until he steps up with a 30 yard strike

Davies - 9 - Even my girlfriend was impressed with him, following his majestic run and shot. 'That was brilliant' she said beckoning her daughter to come and see the replay - women just don't understand football!

Lloyd - 7 - Huffed and puffed, but maybe he's feeling the strain a little hence why Pearson took him off. I think if we could afford to give him a couple of weeks off we should

Howard - 9 - Was it his goal? Well it was a decent effort nevertheless and we scored from it. Yes he won a lot of headers, but I also noted that his link up play with the ball on the deck was pretty impressive. Only over shadowed by Davies

Fryatt - 8 - Drifts in and out of the game, which is what a good striker like him should do. Had a couple of decent efforts, and looked a threat - but could do with a goal soon!

Mattock - 8 - Congrats on your 1st goal for the club - well taken. Seemed to enjoy his more advanced role, and did well.

Fans - top stuff, with no roof over you it was good to hear all the chants from you. Seemed the Yeovil fans that bothered to turn up were resigned to losing before the game.

Special Mention - Sky kept showing clips of what has to be the fatest linesman in the league. He had moobs!

Archived