Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

FAO Knowitall

Well they have both been out of action for an age. Hammond was finally gotten rid of. Levi has not been. I don't know when his contract is up, but from the "rumours" I have heard they both broke rules which meant they could not play.

Well, I know somebody who said that when Hammond was injured, at home he would run up the stairs, he was fine. When he gets to the club he started limping. Hmmm...

I've also heard a terrible rumour about Levi too... I don't want to say, but if it's true, it very much justifies why he is not in the team.

We're top of the league for boll0ck's sakes.

Ahhhh but if Pearson wasn't so limited, we would have won the league at Christmas and would go the WHOLE season unbeaten!!!!

I mean, fancy sticking with tactics that have got us 12 points clear and 22 games unbeaten. Frankly it's unforgivable in my eyes, the man is a clown. I hope MM see's the light and hires someone with a plan B. Sir Alex Ferguson or Bill Shankly would be my first choices.

Don't even get me started on his rubbish signings. The fact we lost our two best players in the space of a couple of games is no excuse either for not losing in the last 6 outings!! We had more than good enough back up at the club with Levi Porter replacing Davies and Chris O'Grady replacing Tunchev.

Pearson Out!!!!!

Well, I know somebody who said that when Hammond was injured, at home he would run up the stairs, he was fine. When he gets to the club he started limping. Hmmm...

I've also heard a terrible rumour about Levi too... I don't want to say, but if it's true, it very much justifies why he is not in the team.

He has an unhealthy fixation with airfix models?

Don't even get me started on his rubbish signings. The fact we lost our two best players in the space of a couple of games is no excuse either for not losing in the last 6 outings!! We had more than good enough back up at the club with Levi Porter replacing Davies and Chris O'Grady replacing Tunchev.

Pearson Out!!!!!

Chris O Grady? Don't be ludicrous. We should have signed Heskey and played him at the back.

Talk about dangling a carrot......................Impossible for us living far far away to hear such rumours!

Give us a hint, just want to make sense of the situation.

:blink:

That's a lie, I can see at least 5 posts in this thread stating a desire for Kisnorbo to never play for the club again or saying he's crap.

It's also a huge overstatement to say he can't pass the ball and to imply that our squandering of possession last season was solely Kisnorbo's fault. It works both ways - if there aren't players making options available then how is expected to pick out a pass from nothing.

This is a chat forum not a terrace, but I've never heard Kisnorbo being hounded other than momentarily by any of our fans at a match I've been to.

Kisnorbo's passing ability has little to do with passing options although, like Hobbs and Morrison, he often picked the long option rather than the short one which only made his passing problem worse.

Unlike our current centre-backs, I've always seen Kisnorbo's wayward passing as more of a technique problem and one that was particularly exposed when he played in midfield. However I don't recall saying or implying that our passing problem in previous seasons was solely Kisnorbo's fault.

McAuley was little better, though not for technical reasons, and, going back a little, Nils-Eric Johansson was another whose casual floated clearances so often squandered possession. Even Stearman was frustratingly inconsistent with his passing.

As I've said before, watch Manchester United's defenders. Whenever possible they cushion the ball and pass it short to feet before immediately making themelves available for another pass.

Except when under real pressure, everytime we loft the ball forward our defenders are effectively shirking responsibility and making the game much easier for the opposition.

I do believe someone posted that Leicester where a "one trick pony" This I agree with in some part.

Correct - his record this season is simply dreadful, although I'm not sure that spreading dissent on the internet will hasten your promotion to the top job Gerry.

Ahhhh but if Pearson wasn't so limited, we would have won the league at Christmas and would go the WHOLE season unbeaten!!!!

I mean, fancy sticking with tactics that have got us 12 points clear and 22 games unbeaten. Frankly it's unforgivable in my eyes, the man is a clown. I hope MM see's the light and hires someone with a plan B. Sir Alex Ferguson or Bill Shankly would be my first choices.

Pearson Out!!!!!

Quote all the stats you like Babs but that doesn't mask the fact that we've started to look a very indifferent team since Christmas, one with a lot of weary players and precious few options that we ever use.

Our energy and entertainment value has diminished fairly dramatically and we seem content to plod over the line to promotion.

That willk doubtless satisfy you and others but it doesn't turn me on and if Pearson cannot preside over exciting football at this level, against ordinary teams and with a massive lead in the title race, I cannot imagine him as a trailblazer when we're chasing a place in the Premiership.

Clearly you and I differ in what we want from a manager. And it isn't going to change.

If it's anything to do with drink, possibly drugs....the lads I seen Porter knocking about with on Saturday at Dons are sadly those type of characters.

What does a person who takes drugs or abuses drink look like then?

Drink. Alledgedly of course :whistle:

If that is the reason, then its a completely unreasonable one....ffs how long has hammond been gone?! and how long until ash cole plays again for chelsea? i would reckon...ooh 3 days.

i know for a fact porters attitude has improved massively, and cheltenham would be an ideal game to give him....alas we all know it wont happen.

as has been said earlier, i hope the youngsters/fringe players get a run in the last few games, if only as a shop window for these lads if nothing else.

Pearson's not going to play anyone in the first team as a shop window advertisement.

But we need the likes of Gradel and Porter involved to instil a little sparkle into our team and provide some long-needed competition.

Porter was a decent player in the Championship and I'm quite sure that, with his match fitness back, he'd be a credit to Division One and certainly to our currently stuttering side.

In other words Pearson is as limited as I've started to think he is.

Is Porter fit and playing okay? And from what you know of the circumstances is Pearson justified in not involving him?

Levi is fit. However with no real reserve matches he like many others are not match fit. Therefore when or if you bring a player on like Barry Hayles he will be off the pace. Then you will not get the best from then.

"That willk doubtless satisfy you and others but it doesn't turn me on and if Pearson cannot preside over exciting football at this level, against ordinary teams and with a massive lead in the title race, I cannot imagine him as a trailblazer when we're chasing a place in the Premiership."

Have a seat in an electric chair and I`ll certainly turn you on !!!

In other words Pearson is as limited as I've started to think he is.

Is Porter fit and playing okay? And from what you know of the circumstances is Pearson justified in not involving him?

its only a few days ago you were saying Pearson's a God! lol

porter is just crap. thats his reason for not playing. - very justified in not playing him. :D

"That willk doubtless satisfy you and others but it doesn't turn me on and if Pearson cannot preside over exciting football at this level, against ordinary teams and with a massive lead in the title race, I cannot imagine him as a trailblazer when we're chasing a place in the Premiership."

Have a seat in an electric chair and I`ll certainly turn you on !!!

:D :D

As our team looks ever more knackered and uninspired I've just been reading through our squad of 36 players as listed in the Stockport match programme and 18 of them have virtually no chance of playing. Another two might play in the end of season games.

That leaves an effective squad of 16 players with realistic first team aspirations and you sit there all smug and satisfied just a few days after a home game when I can barely remember us having a shot of any note. Nor was it much better at Milton Keynes.

Hell, we've even had two goes and still not got our goalscorer right this week. Cos it was actually scored by one of them.

its only a few days ago you were saying Pearson's a God! lol

porter is just crap. thats his reason for not playing. - very justified in not playing him. :D

a) The fans do think of Pearson as God. Besides, I might argue vehemently with a fellow fan in this private forum but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stand alongside them in public. We all have our views what we want for our club and just lately I'm not seeing a lot I want.

b) Porter isn't out of the team because he's crap at all and there's a good many people on here know that for a fact.

Archived